Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
You don't get that the game is here way longer than 99% of other games.So that alone give it much more time to gather popularity.BADIK is for example really popular game,because it is with almost same popularity for 2 and a half less time in development.Or WVM or Radiant or What a Legend.Or even the fucking BB-it gather almost all of the views for only 13 months.
Except that AWAM isn't so much about what scenes are in the game, but the potential scenes. I think people are looking forward to this update (and we've had less complaints because they think this will be a lesbian update), because of what the prison event will entail - a powerful figure that could make Sophia homeless (even for those on the GW route) - there is the potential for further corruption of Sophia.

Which might be (since I can't speak for others) why people are being impatient and want the update ASAP. Because they want scenes that are coming up, and are less focused on what the game already has.

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
You don't get that the game is here way longer than 99% of other games.So that alone give it much more time to gather popularity.BADIK is for example really popular game,because it is with almost same popularity for 2 and a half less time in development.Or WVM or Radiant or What a Legend.Or even the fucking BB-it gather almost all of the views for only 13 months.
Length of time does not make a game popular. You could have a game on here for 50 years, but if it sucks ass no one will give it the time of day. It comes down to the dedication the developer puts into it and not just how many sex scenes are in it. Sex scenes are a dime a dozen. Without context they are at most a flash in the pan and quickly forgotten and soon so is the game. What lingers on is how memorable the story is to the players. Look at Acting Lessons. People love it and people hate it but they still talk about it to this day.

Reactions: Matt1

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Some clown posted this on Fapnation claiming it was from the dev
View attachment 940707
Most of that has actually been confirmed, like the Twist being removed, and that Dylan can end up with Emma, Marie and possibly Amber (on the boarding school route). About Ellie and Patricia is a load of crap, for the simple reason in that they have too much to lose, and there's no point. For Ellie she's into older, popular guys that increase her status as a cheerleader, for which Dylan is neither. If Ellie was to be romantically involved with the pygmy (her word), it would have to be kept secret, defeating the point of being in the relationship in the first place. And the only way for her to be more emotionally mature is to be on the Ellie route, where she swears off men if she can't have Jules as well. And as for Patricia, she can flirt as much as she likes (like with Jason and Haru, the museum boys), but no dick but Carl's, which makes a romantic relationship with Dylan rather pointless.

farrah

Lesbian incest the best!
Donor
Aug 26, 2017
Most of that has actually been confirmed, like the Twist being removed, and that Dylan can end up with Emma, Marie and possibly Amber (on the boarding school route). About Ellie and Patricia is a load of crap, for the simple reason in that they have too much to lose, and there's no point. For Ellie she's into older, popular guys that increase her status as a cheerleader, for which Dylan is neither. If Ellie was to be romantically involved with the pygmy (her word), it would have to be kept secret, defeating the point of being in the relationship in the first place. And the only way for her to be more emotionally mature is to be on the Ellie route, where she swears off men if she can't have Jules as well. And as for Patricia, she can flirt as much as she likes (like with Jason and Haru, the museum boys), but no dick but Carl's, which makes a romantic relationship with Dylan rather pointless.
Fanservice always wins. And this is not good, some things will look OOC, since they contradict characters development, because it's not planned initially.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Fanservice always wins. And this is not good, some things will look OOC, since they contradict characters development, because it's not planned initially.
Which defeats the entire point of AWAM. As others have pointed out, there are other devs that put out more content faster, at the expense of detail and story. Which is fine, since there are people out there that are after that type of content. There are already games out there that are completed, with animations, where the son fucks everyone with a pussy, including his mother and sister(s). Timestamps springs to mind off the top of my head, which I tried when I first came to this site, but stopped playing because I found the animations were nauseating and the story inconsistent, and hadn't fully taken advantage of the antics you can get up to with time travel, which was my reason for trying the game in the first place. And it makes fun of Sophia.

And that's one of the reasons I think it's pointless criticising AWAM for something it's not trying to be. There are other games that cater for the type of content that the complainers are looking for, far better than AWAM does, or even tries to.

Whereas here the sex scenes (well, for the Filthy route at least) are more of a reward at the end, once the characters have gone through their development. It would have been incredibly easy (as an example) for L&P to have Ellie be more "hands-on" during the Ellie/Julia event last update, and that probably would have boosted the number of patrons, but as she herself points out, it might have freaked Sophia out, so would have been too risky. So completely out of character, and not fitting the story.

Ellie hasn't even gone the full way with Jules yet (that we're aware of), because story-wise she's still coming to terms with her lesbian feelings, which is pretty much the entire point of the Ellie route and her as a character, since she hasn't failed at anything to make a blackmail route plausible.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
wait why is this game so popular theres barely any scenes
cause its awesome :)

Some clown posted this on Fapnation claiming it was from the dev
View attachment 940707
Looks legit to me from what I know

I do like the idea of Dylan seeing Sophia with other guys, I'm all for this, every day should have this :D

Which defeats the entire point of AWAM. As others have pointed out, there are other devs that put out more content faster, at the expense of detail and story. Which is fine, since there are people out there that are after that type of content. There are already games out there that are completed, with animations, where the son fucks everyone with a pussy, including his mother and sister(s). Timestamps springs to mind off the top of my head, which I tried when I first came to this site, but stopped playing because I found the animations were nauseating and the story inconsistent, and hadn't fully taken advantage of the antics you can get up to with time travel, which was my reason for trying the game in the first place. And it makes fun of Sophia.

And that's one of the reasons I think it's pointless criticising AWAM for something it's not trying to be. There are other games that cater for the type of content that the complainers are looking for, far better than AWAM does, or even tries to.

Whereas here the sex scenes (well, for the Filthy route at least) are more of a reward at the end, once the characters have gone through their development. It would have been incredibly easy (as an example) for L&P to have Ellie be more "hands-on" during the Ellie/Julia event last update, and that probably would have boosted the number of patrons, but as she herself points out, it might have freaked Sophia out, so would have been too risky. So completely out of character, and not fitting the story.

Ellie hasn't even gone the full way with Jules yet (that we're aware of), because story-wise she's still coming to terms with her lesbian feelings, which is pretty much the entire point of the Ellie route and her as a character, since she hasn't failed at anything to make a blackmail route plausible.
I hate timestamps as well, that was a massive disappointment.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I hate timestamps as well, that was a massive disappointment.
While I probably failed dismally, I wasn't actually meaning to criticise Timestamps, it just happened to be a game I played that was male protag that I personally don't like. Shouldn't stop anyone else playing and enjoying it though.

My only point in mentioning it was it's one of the few games I'm aware of that pretty much has everything people complain AWAM doesn't. Actually has scenes where the son fucks the mother, sister, friend's mother, random chick down the road, etc. With animations. And is finished, so no long waits for updates. There are probably more examples, but after playing games like Timestamps and Big Brother, I gave up on male protag games since they all seem to lack the story I like, that this has.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
While I probably failed dismally, I wasn't actually meaning to criticise Timestamps, it just happened to be a game I played that was male protag that I personally don't like. Shouldn't stop anyone else playing and enjoying it though.

My only point in mentioning it was it's one of the few games I'm aware of that pretty much has everything people complain AWAM doesn't. Actually has scenes where the son fucks the mother, sister, friend's mother, random chick down the road, etc. With animations. And is finished, so no long waits for updates. There are probably more examples, but after playing games like Timestamps and Big Brother, I gave up on male protag games since they all seem to lack the story I like, that this has.
I'm saying you should criticize timestamps; if the devs spent more time working on the story instead of begging for reviews in there thread, it might actually have been excellent, instead it sucks really bad.

an yes, most male protags games are a quickie but is some good ones out there, Being a DIK, Deluca Family are 2 of the top of my head and of course, I'm biased about my own VN.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I'm saying you should criticize timestamps; if the devs spent more time working on the story instead of begging for reviews in there thread, it might actually have been excellent, instead it sucks really bad.

an yes, most male protags games are a quickie but is some good ones out there, Being a DIK, Deluca Family are 2 of the top of my head and of course, I'm biased about my own VN.
But that's my point - the games should be different, with different targeted audiences. And yeah, Timestamps isn't for me. The first thing that popped into my head as a possibility in an adult game with time-travel was what in a tabletop game I played once is known as a Gemini Flush. So imagine the protag having a threesome with a woman, but the other guy is future protag.

That took half a second to think up. But do those kinda time-travel antics happen? Not to my knowledge. I got bored of the game before I found out.

And that's okay, since there can and should be a place for games with minimal story strung together with sex scenes. Anna's Exciting Affection is one that springs to mind with a female protag. Tried it, but got bored because of the lack of coherent story.

I'm not going to criticise a dev for selling out and trying to make as much money as possible, with a game as popular as possible. As long as they're honest that's what they're doing. And L&P has made a point in saying that's not what he's doing.

And if it turns out he's lying, and the story I've come to enjoy gets defenestrated, I'll just move on. The advantage of waiting this long is that there are other games that have come up that may end up suiting my preferences better.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes