armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
Length of time does not make a game popular. You could have a game on here for 50 years, but if it sucks ass no one will give it the time of day. It comes down to the dedication the developer puts into it and not just how many sex scenes are in it. Sex scenes are a dime a dozen. Without context they are at most a flash in the pan and quickly forgotten and soon so is the game. What lingers on is how memorable the story is to the players. Look at Acting Lessons. People love it and people hate it but they still talk about it to this day.
And you are no right.Because the first year and half the game barely was in top 100.After that it starts to gain popularity
So the game did need a time.There is less than 10 games that menage to gain huge popularity for less than 1 year.And AWAM is not one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: legolasbaler

senss

Sep 2, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'day18_Back_home_kitchen'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script4.rpyc", line 3182, in script
  File "F:\NSFW\[[not completed\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "F:\NSFW\[[not completed\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A Wife And Mother Vers. 0.100 0.100
Mon Dec 14 16:20:25 2020

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script4.rpyc", line 3182, in script
  File "F:\NSFW\[[not completed\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "F:\NSFW\[[not completed\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A Wife And Mother Vers. 0.100 0.100
Mon Dec 14 16:20:25 2020
fix in the first page

Reactions: Old Dog

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
fix in the first page
Sadly I doubt many are reading OP.So far at least 50 people were asking about the bug.
BTW do you remember the guess,that we will wait 100 days until the release of 0.115.That guy/girl can be actually right.
Today is day 94.

Reactions: Hlextor

Ager27

Dec 8, 2019
seeing that its version 0.100, i assume that there is not mucht content in this game ? or am i wrong ?

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
Sadly I doubt many are reading OP.So far at least 50 people were asking about the bug.
BTW do you remember the guess,that we will wait 100 days until the release of 0.115.That guy/girl can be actually right.
Today is day 94.
i hope the update don´t have a problem like this.:rolleyes:

Reactions: armion82

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
i hope the update don´t have a problem like this.:rolleyes:
To be fair L&P solved that almost immediately. The blame is from the moderators here, I reported the fix to the OP, but they were lazy to reupload the game again including it, they just put the fix outside. Almost every game has bugs and usually they reupload the game including the fix, this time they did it different.

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
And you are no right.Because the first year and half the game barely was in top 100.After that it starts to gain popularity
So the game did need a time.There is less than 10 games that menage to gain huge popularity for less than 1 year.And AWAM is not one of them.
I am so yes right. You are no write good. Know not you say what. Yes? What?

And AWAM is very popular. The fact you are here complaining about the update proves it. L&P thanks you for your support :LUL:

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
I am so yes right. You are no write good. Know not you say what. Yes? What?

And AWAM is very popular. The fact you are here complaining about the update proves it. L&P thanks you for your support :LUL:
I am saying that AWAM was not popular at the start.It takes more than 1 year and half the game to become popular.
That is a prove that time is essential.A game that is abandoned or finished in much less time have way less chance to become popular and stay popular.What of that you can't understand?

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Its a lesbian update again ? two of the event are with girl wtf, he try to win so time or what
It wasn't a lesbian update last time, let alone again. Last update it was only the Ellie/Julia event that was lesbian. One event. Even the Yoga event was about Dylan.

Similarly, while the 2nd event this update is called the Vicky event, it's about the introduction of DeShawn, the boyfriend.

So while the Ellie event is the biggest (40%), it is the only lesbian event this update.

Are you really trying to tell us 40% content makes this a lesbian update?

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
I am saying that AWAM was not popular at the start.It takes more than 1 year and half the game to become popular.
That is a prove that time is essential.A game that is abandoned or finished in much less time have way less chance to become popular and stay popular.What of that you can't understand?
I actually thought it hit the ground with a bang! the first release was huge. People were talking about it immediately.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
I think that this game has been always more popular than the most of the games. The longevity can be a factor, but not one of the principals, I think is very popular because it offers things that most of the games don't: high renders quality, good narration, a good built up, interesting and beautiful MC, the story itself...

I just check the trending here searching for games from that date, 2017, that are still active and this one is by far more popular.

- AWAM 20M views
- Corruption 10M
- Holliday Island 9M
- Long Live the Princess 7M
- Max's Life 6M
- Anna Exciting Affection 6M
- Freeloading Family 5M
- Second Happiness 5M
- Peaant's Quest 6M
- High Rise Climb 5M

Those are the most popular active games from that year. AWAM is still more popular than the most of the active games from 2016. I think that from 2016 only Summertime Saga is more popular, 22M.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I actually thought it hit the ground with a bang! the first release was huge. People were talking about it immediately.
Totally agree, my recollection was this trended quickly. Let me look into it for a minute.

That is a prove that time is essential.
OK, I looked. One thing you could look at in determining 'how fast did it become popular' is activity on the site. Even if it's got some (or a lot) of repeat posters, it is still indicative of the overall level of engagement with a project.

Example:
AWAM is #3 for total number of views (I presume visits to the thread), behind Milfy City, released Jan 2018, so ~4 months later than AWAM, and Summertime Saga, released August 2016, ~14 months earlier.

Time is not, apparently a strong indicator of popularity if activity is a guide. Or is it, since I'm only considering the top three out of (thousands?)? Or isn't it, since MILFY City hasn't updated in the last year (and that last year was inconsistent to put it mildly) while Summertime Saga just updated about six weeks ago?

AWAM hit 410 pages (8820 posts) in its first year. Milfy City hit 410 pages in about six and a half months, Summertime Saga took more than a year (16 months) to hit 410 pages.

Does AWAM stack up to other "popular" games in terms of how long it takes to become popular?

AWAM is #22 on this site for number of likes, way behind games that haven't necessarily been around longer but have delivered hard core content much faster and have much shorter intervals between releases.

And none of the supposition takes into account quality and content. Being a DIK is AMAZING by any standard and quick to deliver hardcore content and was a developer with a prior success here. MILFY City, similar (but maybe lower case 'amazing').

Being a DIK was released February 2019 and is currently,
  • #1 in weighted rating
  • #1 in likes
  • #4 all time views and
  • reached 410 pages in four and a half months
Conclusion:
Length of time since initial release is not a predictor or a leading indicator of popularity.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I think that this game has been always more popular than the most of the games. The longevity can be a factor, but not one of the principals, I think is very popular because it offers things that most of the games don't: high renders quality, good narration, a good built up, interesting and beautiful MC, the story itself...
Dude (or dudette?) - beat me by five minutes...

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes