GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
You're probably right there, and it could simply be that L&P has the term confused. Or used "cuck" for lack of a more appropriate time when he was coding. Since I don't believe anyone accuses Dylan of being a cuck in game, it's essentially arbitrary. He could have used a German word for all the difference it makes in the code.

As far as I've checked so far, the things that get Dylan cuck points really just fall into how he responds to others thinking Sophia is hot. And if he's more accepting of it, then he gets cuck points, like at the soccer game. But since L&P is tight-lipped about how the end-game of each route will turn out, it may become more in line with what we think it means later. There are still 19 more playable days after all.
You're right that L&P had to call it something. I guess I just flinch at the word because so many people have very visceral reactions to the term that it can poison discussions. People almost melted down over at Double Homework because of a cliff hanger ending that suggested that one of the MANY women the MC was sleeping with was maybe/possible/in theory going to have sex with another man. For a few days users were throwing around the word "cuck" to describe the MC when there was literally no evidence to suggest that he was anything even close to it.

I'm not saying anyone here has melted down. I just see a whole lot of insecurities bubble to the surface when players get triggered by something they consider cucking.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
And for the most part AWAM is what gets uploaded here, except that one time a troll uploaded DoL and confused the hell out of a lot of people.

Which I find odd. I loaded up my copy of DoL just to check, and the loading screen is completely different. Intriguingly, it has the "All characters in the game are at least 18 years old" that AWAM lacks, which adds to my belief that Dylan, Sam, Zac, and Ava's sons are all underage.
I have always assumed that Dylan/Sam/Zac were 18 so I thought it was only Ava's sons were under 18. Does it not mention Dylan's age when introducing the family?

If that trio are under 18 that makes me far more uncomfortable.....

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
I know your pain, it was really cruel having to make that choice, specially considering the alternative. I loved Alyssa, but the rest is too damn good to pass out
Yep - until that point you are able to keep your options open - after v0.95 you could get max points on 9 characters. Now I am going to have to have two collections of saves from v.100 going forward.

:(

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Yep - until that point you are able to keep your options open - after v0.95 you could get max points on 9 characters. Now I am going to have to have two collections of saves from v.100 going forward.

:(
I'm in the same boat. The pool scene was just too great to pass on, so that is now my primary storyline. I'm glad the game makes us chose, because if the player's options remain open for too long the game can get a bit stale. It's important to have consequences.

I just wish the save filing system was designed differently to make it easier to save multiple branching paths.

Last edited:

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
I'm in the same boat. The pool scene was just too great to pass on, so that is now my primary storyline. I'm glad the game makes us chose, because if the player's options remain open for too long the game can get a bit stale. It's important to have consequences.

I just wish the save filing system was designed differently to make it easier to save multiple branching paths.
The problem is that we start the branching way too early.After all the game will continue 10 more years.At least.It will be such a pain in the ass in 2025,for example,to scroll through all saves to find the one you are loooking for.

Reactions: legolasbaler

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I have always assumed that Dylan/Sam/Zac were 18 so I thought it was only Ava's sons were under 18. Does it not mention Dylan's age when introducing the family?

If that trio are under 18 that makes me far more uncomfortable.....
It doesn't explicitly say what Ellie and Dylan's ages are, anywhere in the game. But that's part of the rationale for Dylan being underage.

Dylan can't be 18, for the reasons I was saying before. The one thing it does say in the Introduction, is that Dylan is a year younger than Ellie. Physiologically, he has to be at least 9 months younger, probably closer to 10. But a year is a nice round number, so easier to deal with. And Ellie is the one that is at most 18, since she is the one that is stated to be a few months away from finishing high school. She might only be 17 herself for all we know, but that makes Dylan's age possibly even more disturbing.

If Dylan was 18, and Ellie was 19, Ellie would be the same age as Nathalie. Who says she is 19 and in college when she introduces herself to Sophia. And Sophia makes no mention of Nathalie being the same age as Ellie. And Ellie isn't in college, but in high school.

And if Dylan was 18 there would also be no reason whatsoever to not mention the ages of Dylan and Ellie in the introduction, unless L&P was hiding it, because he's doing something that would be looked down upon and make people uncomfortable. So he glosses over it, and the only reason people would notice is that there are people like me that look into things like this.

With similar logic for Sam being the same age as Dylan, since Jules will be the same age as Ellie. And Zac being the same age as Dylan, since they're both on the same soccer team, which is organised by ages.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
maybe he just leaves it undetermined on purpose...allowing people to make up their own mind on the subject, according to the sensibilities of each of us. that said, your reasoning seems fair.

Deleted member 1023239

Nov 19, 2018
It doesn't explicitly say what Ellie and Dylan's ages are, anywhere in the game. But that's part of the rationale for Dylan being underage.

Dylan can't be 18, for the reasons I was saying before. The one thing it does say in the Introduction, is that Dylan is a year younger than Ellie. Physiologically, he has to be at least 9 months younger, probably closer to 10. But a year is a nice round number, so easier to deal with. And Ellie is the one that is at most 18, since she is the one that is stated to be a few months away from finishing high school. She might only be 17 herself for all we know, but that makes Dylan's age possibly even more disturbing.

If Dylan was 18, and Ellie was 19, Ellie would be the same age as Nathalie. Who says she is 19 and in college when she introduces herself to Sophia. And Sophia makes no mention of Nathalie being the same age as Ellie. And Ellie isn't in college, but in high school.

And if Dylan was 18 there would also be no reason whatsoever to not mention the ages of Dylan and Ellie in the introduction, unless L&P was hiding it, because he's doing something that would be looked down upon and make people uncomfortable. So he glosses over it, and the only reason people would notice is that there are people like me that look into things like this.

With similar logic for Sam being the same age as Dylan, since Jules will be the same age as Ellie. And Zac being the same age as Dylan, since they're both on the same soccer team, which is organised by ages.
he looks like a 13th - 14th year old boy and ellie clearly not 18 but looks like 16th year old gal

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
maybe he just leaves it undetermined on purpose...allowing people to make up their own mind on the subject, according to the sensibilities of each of us. that said, your reasoning seems fair.
What surprises me, based on the degree that people argue with me, is that fans seem to have more of an issue with Dylan and co being underage than they do with incest. They're both taboo for a reason, but one seems to make people significantly more uncomfortable. But, as you say, that's entirely up to personal preference.

he looks like a 13th - 14th year old boy and ellie clearly not 18 but looks like 16th year old gal
Well to the best of our knowledge in the Fan Art thread, Dylan is made (at the very least his face) using Tween Ryan 7. Which means he has the face of a 12 year old, tops.

As for Ellie, she's just a standard adult model, so not even described as teen. She also now has tatoos, which you can only get if you're 18. But with the drinking age in some US states being 21, that easily explains why in the nightclub scene she can't get alcohol.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
What surprises me, based on the degree that people argue with me, is that fans seem to have more of an issue with Dylan and co being underage than they do with incest. They're both taboo for a reason, but one seems to make people significantly more uncomfortable.
She also now has tatoos, which you can only get if you're 18. But with the drinking age in some US states being 21, that easily explains why in the nightclub scene she can't get alcohol.
the tattoo thing depends on whether she has an adult giving consent or not with her, I believe. as for the drinking.. is it actually set in the US? because in most of europe, the drinking age is 18.

Incest is a far more prevalent fantasy. amongst consenting adults it is not even illegal everywhere... underage sex is a whole another level of legally and ethically objectionable. in most countries, it's an automatic rape charge from 16 or younger, and even at the ages of 16-18, it's not rape only if the counterpart is themselves in similar age group (like, not more than a year or two removed from the younger element of the pairing). in general, it's not a fetish anyone wants to even risk be associated with, not even makebelieve..ultimately, anyone could be investigated for an entirely unrelated matter, have their computer seized and..what happens if someone is found to be in support of such a thing, even as a fantasy?
also from a production side of things.. there's a reason why even on these games that are nothing but pixels, most of them carry a disclaimer that all characters are to be intended to be of legal age.
rightly so, in my personal opinion. and I reckon that even those who don't hold that opinion would be hard pressed to admit to it, even on here.

Reactions: cakeny

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
You're right that L&P had to call it something. I guess I just flinch at the word because so many people have very visceral reactions to the term that it can poison discussions. People almost melted down over at Double Homework because of a cliff hanger ending that suggested that one of the MANY women the MC was sleeping with was maybe/possible/in theory going to have sex with another man. For a few days users were throwing around the word "cuck" to describe the MC when there was literally no evidence to suggest that he was anything even close to it.

I'm not saying anyone here has melted down. I just see a whole lot of insecurities bubble to the surface when players get triggered by something they consider cucking.
Well it's possible some people did melt down over it. However the reason we haven't heard from them is they melted down so much they just turned into a puddle of goo and drained away never to be seen again. Sad :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: Lord_Xanatos

KAz87

Sep 18, 2018
the tattoo thing depends on whether she has an adult giving consent or not with her, I believe. as for the drinking.. is it actually set in the US? because in most of europe, the drinking age is 18.

Incest is a far more prevalent fantasy. amongst consenting adults it is not even illegal everywhere... underage sex is a whole another level of legally and ethically objectionable. in most countries, it's an automatic rape charge from 16 or younger, and even at the ages of 16-18, it's not rape only if the counterpart is themselves in similar age group (like, not more than a year or two removed from the younger element of the pairing). in general, it's not a fetish anyone wants to even risk be associated with, not even makebelieve..ultimately, anyone could be investigated for an entirely unrelated matter, have their computer seized and..what happens if someone is found to be in support of such a thing, even as a fantasy?
also from a production side of things.. there's a reason why even on these games that are nothing but pixels, most of them carry a disclaimer that all characters are to be intended to be of legal age.
rightly so, in my personal opinion. and I reckon that even those who don't hold that opinion would be hard pressed to admit to it, even on here.
This is not ture... Emotional, Intellectual, Physical maturity, resolution etc. are the decisive factor. Over 14 or 16 the females are ovulating.... Biologically its a a "clean" statement. Psychologically, Socially and therefore morally its an entirely differnet question.

So quote those laws or stop fantasizing...

My my... i remember my grandma gotten married when she was 16-7.... My grandpa was 22.... So my grandpa was a rapist? They have lived together 60 years. Survived 2 world wars. U see... most of the 14-17 years old girls are "matrue" because they can find their vaginas by themselves... Our maturation delayed... but it wont change the evolution... Its 2021 postmodern... simply.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019

Well Ellie didn't have Sophia's consent, and Liam wouldn't have been around to give his, so Ellie would have needed to go there on her own. So yeah, 18.

As for being set in the US, Liam and Neil watch American Football and Marie even assumes that's what Dylan plays when he says he plays football. And if you look closely at Sophia's letterbox, it says US mail.

Good point about the incest vs underage thing. But then that's why the only real problem I have with Dylan is Dylan/Sophia. And one of the reasons I don't play the Dylan route. I would have liked to set him up with Emma, considering they're the same age and so he can grow and mature as a character, but I don't get that option on the boarding school route.

Reactions: Old Dog

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
This is not ture... Emotional, Intellectual, Physical maturity, resolution etc. are the decisive factor. Over 14 or 16 the females are ovulating.... Biologically its a a "clean" statement. Psychologically, Socially and therefore morally its an entirely differnet question.

So quote those laws or stop fantasizing...

My my... i remember my grandma gotten married when she was 16-7.... My grandpa was 22.... So my grandpa was a rapist? They have lived together 60 years. Survived 2 world wars. U see... most of the 14-17 years old girls are "matrue" because they can find their vaginas by themselves... Our maturation delayed... but it wont change the evolution... Its 2021 postmodern... simply.
yeah... laws change over time... also, in this case I was thinking of the laws in several different first world countries. I could quote you the letter of the law on the subject in italian law, but I doubt you'd have any use for it.
In the other countries, I don't have the absolute certainty but I am reasonably sure of what I am saying, based on past readings and on the various news events when there's stories about teachers and students and such, even in the US or UK...that said, I can't be arsed to do the research, so feel free to do it yourself and tell me I'm wrong with the receipts to show me.

just as a thought experiment.. I don't know where you're from but.. if you were to walk up to a cop in your country and told him you have the hots for a first cousin or a sister of yours, or that you'd like to get frisky with a 14 year old girl or boy... which of the 2 do you think is more likely to get get said cop to ask you some very pointed questions? or, since this is the internet.. if your computer was examined by the authorities and 2 folders named incest and pedophilia were found on it.. on which one would they concentrate?

Reactions: cakeny

SezYou2099

Jul 15, 2018
Post the traceback of the error here for us to see what is going on.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'day18_Back_home_kitchen'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script4.rpyc", line 3182, in script
  File "C:\Users\PC_USER\Downloads\A_Wife_And_Mother-0.100-pc\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\PC_USER\Downloads\A_Wife_And_Mother-0.100-pc\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'day18_Back_home_kitchen'.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A Wife And Mother Vers. 0.100 0.100
Wed Dec 16 23:40:36 2020
Thanks!

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Just as a general thought, I think we need to be careful with this conversation.
Well, I'm open to arguments for characters like Dylan being adult, I just haven't heard any yet. The last person that actually tried to argue the point said it was because L&P says that all characters were 18 or older. But that's blatantly false, being only stated in DoL for Patreon purposes.

Forum rules are that characters engaging in sexual/erotic activity can't be prepubescent, and I'm fairly sure none of the characters in AWAM are. And I'm fairly sure since in some countries the age of consent is 16 (and I think 13 in Japan), this makes Dylan and others being 17 less of a big deal. A big deal for some of us, but not everyone.

But I do think L&P is treading a dangerous line and is in for a world of hurt if it ever comes out. My real concern is more about the 2nd side job with Ava and her sons, which L&P considers a highlight of the game. I don't recall where I heard it, and haven't been able to find it, but there is reference to an event on this route being "freaking hot". Now with the daughter Leah being in Japan (and the only child of Ava's that's legal), and no indication she'll be back, would seem to indicate that this hot scene is with the underage boys.

My only hope is that by the time the underage content comes around, the content with the adults will be reaching it's conclusion, so I can move on to a different game.

Last edited:

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Well, I'm open to arguments for characters like Dylan being adult, I just haven't heard any yet. The last person that actually tried to argue the point said it was because L&P says that all characters were 18 or older. But that's blatantly false, being only stated in DoL for Patreon purposes.

Forum rules are that characters engaging in sexual/erotic activity can't be prepubescent, and I'm fairly sure none of the characters in AWAM are. And I'm fairly sure since in some countries the age of consent is 16 (and I think 13 in Japan), this makes Dylan and others being 17 less of a big deal. A big deal for some of us, but not everyone.

But I do think L&P is treading a dangerous line and is in for a world of hurt if it ever comes out. My real concern is more about the 2nd side job with Ava and her sons, which L&P considers a highlight of the game. I don't recall where I heard it, and haven't been able to find it, but there is reference to an event on this route being "freaking hot". Now with the daughter Leah being in Japan (and the only child of Ava's that's legal), and no indication she'll be back, would seen to indicate that this hot scene is with the underage boys.

My only hope is that by the time the underage content comes around, the content with the adults will be reaching it's conclusion, so I can move on to a different game.
Why couldn't it be about Ava herself? She is so repressed with her strict interpretation of religion Sophia could be the one who brings her to a new way of thinking. She was the one who didn't want the boys learning about sex education. Sophia might try some unorthodox methods like having her try a sybian.

TheonS

Donor
Jun 23, 2017
Then don't bother with this update, as there is no sign of Dylan content until the one after. And no content with Sam until the update after that.

This update is Ellie, Vicky (and DeShawn) and either the Liam or Morello events.
suckss :(

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes