Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I often see "3 minutes per render" but how is that estimated please ? is it the average time with a Titan RTX to render a 1080p ?
That's roughly how long it took to upscale from 720p to 1080p when I was doing it a couple of months ago
Hi.I dont have a pc so i want the see this games cg's.So anyone have any link for where i can download all cg.
(English not main language so if i write something wrong you can point if possible.I want the learn from forums, games, discords etc.)
Most of us extract the CG directly from the game, using a program like Unren, so there is no download link. What OS are you using? And are there any particular images you're looking for?

Ajavrick

May 25, 2020
I wonder if it scales immediately after rendering, for example through FastStone, or if the scaling is done by a script inside the game code?
That's roughly how long it took to upscale from 720p to 1080p when I was doing it a couple of months ago

Most of us extract the CG directly from the game, using a program like Unren, so there is no download link. What OS are you using? And are there any particular images you're looking for?

Qixoni

Jul 10, 2017
When the new update arrives, since i have as well installed this on android, how will i be able to keep the saves with the new version, if possible at all? On Android

Last edited:

AlienEDM

Oct 2, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'day18_Back_home_kitchen'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script4.rpyc", line 3182, in script
  File "C:\Users\PC_USER\Downloads\A_Wife_And_Mother-0.100-pc\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\PC_USER\Downloads\A_Wife_And_Mother-0.100-pc\AWAM-0.100-pc\1 GAME FOLDER\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
A Wife And Mother Vers. 0.100 0.100
Wed Dec 16 23:40:36 2020
Thanks!
The problem is inside the "script4.rpyc", it cannot find the label 'day18_Back_home_kitchen".

Are you using which version of the game: Compressed version or with any mod?

ralkan55

Feb 17, 2018

Android.Anyway forme the see cg's?

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
P&T may be taking longer due to L&P's efforts to try to involve more people to improve AWAM.

He is going to do some kind of interactive chat with one of his Patreons and he has a new person (creative writing background) who will help with feedback regarding the English translation prior to the rev being released.

Some might feel like there is an unnecessary delay but this is at least part of the reason for it.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
P&T may be taking longer due to L&P's efforts to try to involve more people to improve AWAM.

He is going to do some kind of interactive chat with one of his Patreons and he has a new person (creative writing background) who will help with feedback regarding the English translation prior to the rev being released.

Some might feel like there is an unnecessary delay but this is at least part of the reason for it.
Doesn't get help -> excuses to take long
Gets help -> new excuses to take long

Straight out of a bad comedy movie.

Reactions: Toushiro

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I don't think removing the Dylan twist hurts the game in any way. While I guess it does show some character growth, it's akin to four steps back, one step forward and celebrating that one step forward. The decision to enlist Aiden's help hurts both the character and the narrative. Dylan looks irredeemably bad, while the decision is highly questionable from a creative standpoint because it isn't believable. I would like to see Dylan show growth in the coming updates, but it can't be by taking such a monumental step backwards.

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
It doesn't explicitly say what Ellie and Dylan's ages are, anywhere in the game. But that's part of the rationale for Dylan being underage.

Dylan can't be 18, for the reasons I was saying before. The one thing it does say in the Introduction, is that Dylan is a year younger than Ellie. Physiologically, he has to be at least 9 months younger, probably closer to 10. But a year is a nice round number, so easier to deal with. And Ellie is the one that is at most 18, since she is the one that is stated to be a few months away from finishing high school. She might only be 17 herself for all we know, but that makes Dylan's age possibly even more disturbing.

If Dylan was 18, and Ellie was 19, Ellie would be the same age as Nathalie. Who says she is 19 and in college when she introduces herself to Sophia. And Sophia makes no mention of Nathalie being the same age as Ellie. And Ellie isn't in college, but in high school.

And if Dylan was 18 there would also be no reason whatsoever to not mention the ages of Dylan and Ellie in the introduction, unless L&P was hiding it, because he's doing something that would be looked down upon and make people uncomfortable. So he glosses over it, and the only reason people would notice is that there are people like me that look into things like this.

With similar logic for Sam being the same age as Dylan, since Jules will be the same age as Ellie. And Zac being the same age as Dylan, since they're both on the same soccer team, which is organised by ages.
Darn. It makes sense that Nathalie is one year older than Ellie and that Ellie is one year older than Dylan. It just had nt crossed my mind until you linked the dots. That does make me more uncomfortable, especially with your comments about upcoming events with Ava / her kids. Let's just hope L&P does nt plan on doing something stupid with that event....

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Darn. It makes sense that Nathalie is one year older than Ellie and that Ellie is one year older than Dylan. It just had nt crossed my mind until you linked the dots. That does make me more uncomfortable, especially with your comments about upcoming events with Ava / her kids. Let's just hope L&P does nt plan on doing something stupid with that event....
I agree, maybe I had just been naive, but I now have concerns about the intentions behind this game. Some fantasies are fun to play around with, and some are not.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
All we know about the 2nd side job is
2ndjob.PNG

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
While this does concern me because of our conversation, I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping that it's something else entirely. If he changed Dylan's story because of pushback, I hope to god it has given him second thoughts about going down this (potentially) dark path.
Yeah likewise for me. Had nt even crossed m mind until Alley Cat mentioned it. But rather than just deciding on a different path to play, if the developer does potentially go down that dark path, then that's me done. Not just refusing to download that update, but finishing my interest in the game.

I am being more careful even going through the fanart thread. I started avoiding clicking on any fan art where it seemed as if they were veering towards that dark path, and if the artist persists with that style, I just block them, as I have no desire to see that even accidently.

I likewise avoid any Liam-Ellie fan art. That is another total no-no for me.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes