Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
It doesn't explicitly say what Ellie and Dylan's ages are, anywhere in the game. But that's part of the rationale for Dylan being underage.

Dylan can't be 18, for the reasons I was saying before. The one thing it does say in the Introduction, is that Dylan is a year younger than Ellie. Physiologically, he has to be at least 9 months younger, probably closer to 10. But a year is a nice round number, so easier to deal with. And Ellie is the one that is at most 18, since she is the one that is stated to be a few months away from finishing high school. She might only be 17 herself for all we know, but that makes Dylan's age possibly even more disturbing.

If Dylan was 18, and Ellie was 19, Ellie would be the same age as Nathalie. Who says she is 19 and in college when she introduces herself to Sophia. And Sophia makes no mention of Nathalie being the same age as Ellie. And Ellie isn't in college, but in high school.

And if Dylan was 18 there would also be no reason whatsoever to not mention the ages of Dylan and Ellie in the introduction, unless L&P was hiding it, because he's doing something that would be looked down upon and make people uncomfortable. So he glosses over it, and the only reason people would notice is that there are people like me that look into things like this.

With similar logic for Sam being the same age as Dylan, since Jules will be the same age as Ellie. And Zac being the same age as Dylan, since they're both on the same soccer team, which is organised by ages.
I agree, maybe I had just been naive, but I now have concerns about the intentions behind this game. Some fantasies are fun to play around with, and some are not.
Yeah likewise for me. Had nt even crossed m mind until Alley Cat mentioned it. But rather than just deciding on a different path to play, if the developer does potentially go down that dark path, then that's me done. Not just refusing to download that update, but finishing my interest in the game.

I am being more careful even going through the fanart thread. I started avoiding clicking on any fan art where it seemed as if they were veering towards that dark path, and if the artist persists with that style, I just block them, as I have no desire to see that even accidently.

I likewise avoid any Liam-Ellie fan art. That is another total no-no for me.
That is all subjective though. Get out of the dark ages States....many countries around the world have a legal age of 16 (ok..still 18 for adult work...but age of consent is 16)....and some countries (france included) are trying to lower it to 15.

So what exactly is so dark and disturbing about this? Or are all the countries where the AoC is 16 filled with depraved perverts? Is that what you're saying? Be careful there folks...

Reactions: cakeny

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
All we know about the 2nd side job is
View attachment 945218
Cheers. The "freaking hot" part of the 2nd side job being posted on Patreon certainly explains why I had trouble finding it. But it should come up on a search now.
While this does concern me because of our conversation, I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping that it's something else entirely. If he changed Dylan's story because of pushback, I hope to god it has given him second thoughts about going down this (potentially) dark path.
The Noon update is going to be telling. We'll find out about Aiden's 3rd task, Sophia's first attempt at getting Dylan laid, and what may be Sophia's first sex-ed lesson.

Pretty much no content for me, since I choose the nursing home route since it's likely quicker, and don't see a point in choosing the 2nd side job until Leah comes back, assuming she does. But is going to be incredibly interesting in terms of seeing where L&P will take the game.

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
I don't know about anyone else but for me (mistakenly) thinking Dylan was a year older, it was nt even a concern that crossed my mind. For me personally, Now I have realised my (mistaken) thinking, I am more uncomfortable but would be borderline.

If it's Ava's kids, that's a flat no for me personally.

if you feel different then that is fine for you.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
That is all subjective though. Get out of the dark ages States....many countries around the world have a legal age of 16 (ok..still 18 for adult work...but age of consent is 16)....and some countries (france included) are trying to lower it to 15.

So what exactly is so dark and disturbing about this? Or are all the countries where the AoC is 16 filled with depraved perverts? Is that what you're saying? Be careful there folks...
I also sometimes wonder about this. 16 has been the age of consent in my neck of the woods for as long as I can remember. People mature at different ages & it is, in any case, an ongoing gradual process. Some would contend that it lasts a lifetime. Currently Dylan has the maturity of a 12 year old (at best) but I'm convinced that some of his fans identify wth him in some way. So, when he ages another year he'll be able to give his mother the best shagging she's ever had, as though a switch had been flipped!!?? Something, (a lot), just doesn't add up & I'm thoroughly disgruntled at this gradual transitioning towards the role of a second MC & the apparent acceptability of this for L&P. It's revolting, pure & simple, at whatever age he's meant to be.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Cheers. The "freaking hot" part of the 2nd side job being posted on Patreon certainly explains why I had trouble finding it. But it should come up on a search now.

The Noon update is going to be telling. We'll find out about Aiden's 3rd task, Sophia's first attempt at getting Dylan laid, and what may be Sophia's first sex-ed lesson.

Pretty much no content for me, since I choose the nursing home route since it's likely quicker, and don't see a point in choosing the 2nd side job until Leah comes back, assuming she does. But is going to be incredibly interesting in terms of seeing where L&P will take the game.
Is anyone talking about these concerns on his patreon page? I don't remember seeing anything about it while I was a backer, but there were also a lot of long comment threads, so it would have been easy to miss.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Alley_Cat

Lord_Xanatos

Sep 27, 2019
Just like i said, it starts with 5%!

I was only joking, thought it'd move 25% with every refresh but oh well!
Indeed. I know you were joking hehe, (y) though I hope it moves faster than the rest, he is aiming for a release on Christmas, so hopefully soon.

I'm just waiting for this update to be released and be done with it so that he can move on to the next update which is the one I'm actually interested to see because of Sophia & Dylan's event and the third task. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Morello's brother and that's about it, I don't care at all about the lesbian...stuff. :cool:(y)

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Is anyone talking about these concerns on his patreon page? I don't remember seeing anything about it while I was a backer, but there were also a lot of long comment threads, so it would have been easy to miss.
How could they raise concerns? Any talk of underage content would alert Patreon. The option for Sophia to give the sex-ed classes, which is where any concerns might be isn't even in DoL.

Can a creator delete posts on Patreon?

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
How could they raise concerns? Any talk of underage content would alert Patreon. The option for Sophia to give the sex-ed classes, which is where any concerns might be isn't even in DoL.

Can a creator delete posts on Patreon?
Oh yeah, that's a good point. Though I got the impression most of the users know that DoL is a cover.

truerty

Dec 30, 2018
I'm just waiting for this update to be released and be done with it so that he can move on to the next update which is the one I'm actually interested to see because of Sophia & Dylan's event and the third task. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with Morello's brother and that's about it, I don't care at all about the lesbian...stuff. :cool:(y)
You and me both!

Reactions: Lord_Xanatos

Lord_Xanatos

Sep 27, 2019
Did DeShawn become a woman between the teaser coming out and now? Some insider patron info that hasn't been released?

Just wondering how it could be considered "lesbian ... stuff" with a man involved.
Uuughhh :rolleyes::FacePalm:

I meant the lesbian stuff, Sophia & Ellie, and even the event with Vicky...I think that in order to have events with her you have to meet up with her again at the gym after the first time when Sophia went with Patricia, then the spa or someplace else, and even taking some lesbian choices in order to progress the relationship with her, so to hang out with her again. I haven't seen her again since the first time Sophia met her when she went with Patricia, and even when she called Sophia to hang out, I choose not to.

That's why I have no idea if Sophia will get to hang out with Vicky and her boyfriend at all in the next update in my game, because I don't have any events with her, nor taken any lesbian choices with her prior to this event to even get to the part when Vicky calls Sophia to meet with her and her boyfriend. So even when a man is going to be involved, I think there were some lesbian choices needed prior to the event and I'm not doing any of them.

In my game, Sophia doesn't have any reason nor plans to meet up with Vicky and DeShawn, lesbian or not, Vicky and for what it matters, Natalie as well, are irrelevant to Sophia in my game.

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Uuughhh :rolleyes::FacePalm:

I meant the lesbian stuff, Sophia & Ellie, and even the event with Vicky...I think that in order to have events with her you have to meet up with her again at the gym after the first time when Sophia went with Patricia, then the spa or someplace else, and even taking some lesbian choices in order to progress the relationship with her, so to hang out with her again. I haven't seen her again since the first time Sophia met her when she went with Patricia, and even when she called Sophia to hang out, I choose not to.

That's why I have no idea if Sophia will get to meet with Vicky and her boyfriend at all in the next update in my game, because I don't have any events with her, nor taken any lesbian choices with her prior to this event to even get to the part when Vicky calls Sophia to meet with her and her boyfriend. So even when a man is going to be involved, I think there were some lesbian choices needed prior to the event and I'm not doing any of them.

In my game, Sophia doesn't have any reason nor plans to meet up with Vicky and DeShawn, lesbian or not, Vicky and for what it matters, Natalie as well, are irrelevant to Sophia in my game.
And? I was simply pointing out that the Vicky event isn't the lesbian one that you appear to have falsely presumed it to being, but something else. It could lead to the BBC route that I've heard will be in the game for all we know, instead of Janitor Clark, which I'm not interested in either.

My point really, is that I have just as little interest in this update as you do, since likewise I only get one event to look forward to. I just appreciate that I get one.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes