Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Did he mention where instead?
Previously, Vicki suggested that Sofia, together with her boyfriend, go to the beach, visit a massage parlor and a sauna. Perhaps some of this or something unknown to us.
If the L&P wants to tease the audience, then the three of them can probably go for a massage, I doubt it will be a sauna. A relaxing massage before going to jail, I suppose, is acceptable for Sofia.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Can you imagine what the flimsy justification from Sophia will be like when she finaly cheats on Liam(Hetro)?
Sophia's inner monologue: "oh...I know I shouldn't do this. But Dylan just looks so excited, I can't really break his heart by denying him can I? I guess just the tip couldn't hurt, it could help him please other women so really I'm teaching him so that makes it ok."

I made an assertion that we didn't need to see the Sophia decision played out in her mind in two, three, or even four or five frames anymore, as it is already a well established conundrum for her, and certainly not at every stage of a multi-staged event (every frigging bikini and just about all of the last few poses in each bikini).

I made the assertion based on the amount of development time required to pose, test, render and touch up each of these frames, not because I don't think it adds anything. It doesn't add enough at this point in the narrative or her character development to justify the extra time it takes to pose and render the extra frames needed to play out the whole thought process in slow motion, it's just repetitive. I'd prefer a single render of her in that questioning pose and expression, indicating she's making one of those should I/shouldn't I choices.

I don't think I was complaining that I was tired of it, cuz I'm not actually tired of it, I'm just looking for ways to shave off a few days from the development cycle without shorting the story. Also, a story telling technique that could show growth in her corruption is that she no longer has to deliberate on each minor decision. The narrative and her thought process should now be closer to making the major decision (I am or am not going down this road) and not questioning all the minor steps that necessarily follow. So if, in the April 2021 release, she's giving in-person sex ed in side-job 2 do I need her to hum and haw over removing shirt and removing bra an removing skirt? Of course not.
Ok, so I guess a slight difference from what I remembered. I'll stick with my point that we need to start seeing a Sophia that is more confident in her decisions as the corruption deepens. This next update will be her third shower with Ellie, so I hope we get a more comfortable Sophia, because she should not be surprised at all by what's about to happen.

truerty

Dec 30, 2018
IMPORTANT MESSAGE:

Alright fellas, we're close to the update, listen up. When the update drops, after you done playing, DO NOT post spoilers. Best not to post spoilers for 2-3 days atleast. If you really want to discuss, use spoiler tag.
Thanks for reading.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Sophia's inner monologue: "oh...I know I shouldn't do this. But Dylan just looks so excited, I can't really break his heart by denying him can I? I guess just the tip couldn't hurt, it could help him please other women so really I'm teaching him so that makes it ok."

Ok, so I guess a slight difference from what I remembered. I'll stick with my point that we need to start seeing a Sophia that is more confident in her decisions as the corruption deepens. This next update will be her third shower with Ellie, so I hope we get a more comfortable Sophia, because she should not be surprised at all by what's about to happen.
This will be Sophia's fourth shower with Ellie, not third. So far there has been one on playable day 7, and two on playable day 10

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018

Total agreement - she's far enough along that the she should be comfortable with the decision and accepting of its consequences.

I'm sure I'd love the inner monologue as she experiences the consequences. But if she's not far enough along (points wise) to finish the scene then why not just have the whole thing decided by points: if points at (1) >= requirement then go to (2), if points at (2) < requirement then jump end(2) else (3). No need to put in a decision to move forward.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Total agreement - she's far enough along that the she should be comfortable with the decision and accepting of its consequences.

I'm sure I'd love the inner monologue as she experiences the consequences. But if she's not far enough along (points wise) to finish the scene then why not just have the whole thing decided by points: if points at (1) >= requirement then go to (2), if points at (2) < requirement then jump end(2) else (3). No need to put in a decision to move forward.
Even if those consequences might be divorce and getting kicked out of the mansion? Because Liam is the jealous type, he's unlikely to be understanding if it turns put Sophia is getting dick from somewhere else.

Where are you suggesting Sophia lives when she gets found out?

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Even if those consequences might be divorce and getting kicked out of the mansion? Because Liam is the jealous type, he's unlikely to be understanding if it turns put Sophia is getting dick from somewhere else.

That's a fair point but then again no video game, however big the development team and its funding, has ever allowed players to take any and all actions in any and every scenario nor has any video game ever accounted for every single possibility, cuz like, developers and players have different imaginations and stuff so it's like, impossible anyway so probably not even an admirable goal, let alone a practical one, so there are always constraints on player actions and possible outcomes.

In direct response, do we really need L&P to render and code different outcomes where if Sophie decides to diddle Ellie in shower #4 then Liam walks in and all hell breaks loose, whereas if she stops at soaping up her vulva in #4 but but doesn't penetrate then when Liam walks in and it's all easily explained away? Does that level of granularity and that plurality of possibilities really help L&P tell the story or us appreciate it more? And then weigh the trade offs in terms of the development time.

While it was definitely very important early on to establish her thoughts and feelings at each phase of a sequence, at this point in the story and character development the points don't need to accrue in such small steps and the branches don't need so many micro-steps.

I consider Liam raging and blowing up everything a very likely and plausible outcome. That can (and probably will) be a points test such as if Filthy > GW*3 then kaboom, if Filthy > GW*2 then we need to have a talk, if Filthy > GW then Liam's a clueless dope and Sophia can continue her frolicking, else she hasn't been up to enough mischief to cause a marital problem anyway.

I must re-emphasize, I'm not complaining about the story or the characters or the scenarios or the multiple paths, I'm just proposing a 10-15% cut in time between updates to be achieved by tightening things up around the margins. If this game is on a (cough) 360-day development per playable day rate, which it isn't, shaving a month or two off of each full playable day saves about 2 years in total development time.

Reactions: Panos24

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Sophia go instantly from 0 mph to 100 mph. A gradual progression makes sense and shouldn't be neglected. But if we started at 0 mph, we've been accelerating to 1mph, 2mph, 3mph, verrrrryyy sloowwwwllllyyy, it wouldn't hurt to speed things up slightly. If we're now at 20 mph, maybe we can start picking up the pace by 5mph instead of 1mph. I don't expect Sophia to throw caution to the wind entirely, but for the next shower scene it would be refreshing to get a little less conflict and a little more desire from her.

sh1hin

Nov 25, 2018
I don't think anyone is suggesting that Sophia go instantly from 0 mph to 100 mph. A gradual progression makes sense and shouldn't be neglected. But if we started at 0 mph, we've been accelerating to 1mph, 2mph, 3mph, verrrrryyy sloowwwwllllyyy, it wouldn't hurt to speed things up slightly. If we're now at 20 mph, maybe we can start picking up the pace by 5mph instead of 1mph. I don't expect Sophia to throw caution to the wind entirely, but for the next shower scene it would be refreshing to get a little less conflict and a little more desire from her.
no man i hate game that speed up for no reason i like it slow so damn slow thats my fav speed.
dont rush anything let it be like real .this kind of thing need lots of time to be realistic .

3.20 star(s) 462 Votes