Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It was the first time I've seen Dylan admit he did something wrong. It was half-arsed, since he didn't admit it was because he has the hots for Sophia, but it was character growth, and gave him more dimensionality than he currently has without the Twist
Probably wishful thinking here, but I think it could help Dylan's character to learn that Ellie's a virgin. Not only does it give them something to connect over with both of them being virgins, but it also gives Dylan something that he can show some growth and maturity about by apologising to Ellie for assuming things about her and not being particularly nice to her about it.

I guess it depends on the endgame of the story. Across all the various routes, ignoring Liam, how many characters will Sophia have sex with by the end of those various routes?
I guess that will depend on how many other people she does things with on that path. Right now, it would seem there's about 10 characters she might be doing things with when not on the GW path, but some of these are blocked on certain others paths. At most, I think she'll be able to have sex with 6 people on a non-GW path.

Last edited:

Mamonetti

Apr 4, 2020
I guess it depends on the endgame of the story. Across all the various routes, ignoring Liam, how many characters will Sophia have sex with by the end of those various routes?

If four or five then we are probably looking at sex scenes with just (in no particular order) Dylan/Ellie/Patricia/Sam.
If ten or twelve then someone like Zac could certainly have a shot.
I think we'll see the four you mentioned + maybe Carl (with Patricia) in the swingers event + maybe Julia (I've mentioned this before). We're very optimistic when we talk about who will have sex with Sophia for sure and I believe many people here are going to be disappointed at the end of the game. A happily married woman having sex with 10 people in a matter of 6 weeks? I know it's just a game, but I find it hard to explain for this type of game.

From the hints we have been getting you would suspect that the former is more likely than the latter. It just means that if I want to indulge in some fantasies about Sophia having a DP or even a Gangbang, then most likely that I will have to indulge in said fantasies from the Fan Art thread rather than game itself.
There are a number of possibilities to see group sex, but I don't expect DP or ganbang at all. Any group sex should include a combination of these 4 + 2 characters, that's what I believe.

Coming from the Fan Art thread, I'd like to see a Sophia/Dylan/Sam threesome, but I don't see it. Ignoring the swingers event from the GW route, if it's confirmed to be part of this route (it makes sense), I think the lesbian route is the best one for group sex as Sophia seems to feel more comfortable around women (much more if they're relatives).

The last option is the eternal discussion about whether there's going to be a Sophia/Ellie/Dylan threesome or not, and we're far for having enough information to provide an educated answer.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
But it doesn't happen in a different branch, it was happening in both branches, you just found out about it in one of them. If Sophia continues to go along with Aiden's blackmail, Dylan is still the one responsible for it by making a deal with Aiden. This isn't an alternate reality situation where if you sent Dylan to boarding school he was responsible and if you didn't send him he wasn't responsible, he was responsible on both paths.

It was a mistake for L&P to reveal this on the boarding school path because it spoiled the other path knowing it, but it was an even bigger mistake to have done it in the first place.
I agree.

I am concerned at what Alley Cat revealed that L&P would change his intended storyline due to a vociferous minority. I am concerned because if he has done that once already then he might be pushed into doing it again in the future. And thus risking spoiling the storyline that he initially intended.

But like yourself, actually getting rid of the twist is a good thing in my opinion. I agree it was a stupid storypoint and the game/VN becomes more believable again with it having been removed.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I agree.

I am concerned at what Alley Cat revealed that L&P would change his intended storyline due to a vociferous minority. I am concerned because if he has done that once already then he might be pushed into doing it again in the future. And thus risking spoiling the storyline that he initially intended.

But like yourself, actually getting rid of the twist is a good thing in my opinion. I agree it was a stupid storypoint and the game/VN becomes more believable again with it having been removed.
I think it depends on the change. This was a good change because it was stupid, and I'd like to think L&P realised that too. This change removed something that was controversial and made a main character that many people were rooting for problematic, but if L&P were to add something controversial that was never intended to happen, like Sophia getting gangraped by Aiden and his thugs, well then we have a problem.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
I agree.

I mostly think that a dev has to deal with his mistakes. If he puts something in the game and actually reveals the plot line, than he should have gone throught with it, bad or good it was still part of Dylan's development. Unless the big majority of the fans complain about the said plot line, which wasn't the case with the Twist.

Now, if he did it once, he must do it twice, thrice and a lot more. Everytime a part of fans seems dissatisfied with something they will use this as an argument. But what is done is done, he lost a lot of his credibity as an artist and creator when he removed the Twist.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I have no problems with Sam and Ellie getting together in the long term. Just would like to see each of them separately have their way with Sophia first.

But also I don't remember any warmth or them liking each other being expressed by either of them
Since the only real interaction between the two is at the Turner mansion, there isn't really much to actually see. And since Ellie doesn't date younger guys (so Dylan and Sam), she shoots him down rather quickly.

But here are the conversations, between Sophia and Ellie first on day 14, and then later between Sophia and Sam on day 18
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I agree.

Apparently it's been more than once, but removing the Twist is the clearest and most open example. I haven't seen actual evidence of it, but the talk is that even the bonus storyline was to appease Dylan fans to at the very least explain why Ellie dislikes Dylan so much.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I mostly think that a dev has to deal with his mistakes. If he puts something in the game and actually reveals the plot line, than he should have gone throught with it, bad or good it was still part of Dylan's development. Unless the big majority of the fans complain about the said plot line, which wasn't the case with the Twist.

Now, if he did it once, he must do it twice, thrice and a lot more. Everytime a part of fans seems dissatisfied with something they will use this as an argument. But what is done is done, he lost a lot of his credibity as an artist and creator when he removed the Twist.
This could quite possibly be the start of the rot that I've witnessed in other games of this genre. Usually it can be associated with having polls on the pay-site. No great or good author that I'm aware of punctuated their writing with opinion polls. Admittedly they weren't writng games & feed-back is important but are polls the way to go? We musn't forget, however, that Bennett was curtailed before the (IMO insidious) promotion of Dylan as a second MC, or any mention of the infamous twist.
Constructive criticism & advice of the kind provided by an Editor, or some other associate would be of benefit to a project this size. Advice doesn't have to be followed, so creative freedom is still strong. L&P can write well on occasion but all he has for 'advice' are his patrons & us, ie all with some kind of vested interest. There needs to be independent input & this time it's not too late.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

He lost credibility by including that twist, and by removing it he regained it. He shifted a character, a main character as well, in a radically ridiculous direction that damaged them. Having Dylan fake a blackmail with a scumbag like Aiden was like letting a rabid dog off its leash. It was the dumbest fucking thing he could have done because seriously, how was this the best way to make his Mom feel better about herself? How does making her dress more sexy by making her think her son will be physically harmed if she doesn't comply do her any good?

People want to see Dylan and Sophia get closer and eventually sexual with each other but to do so in a good way, much like how Sophia and Ellie are getting sexually closer in a good way. Having this shadow hanging over Dylan would have tainted everything he did on the other path and it's an important main relationship. Honestly, when that happened in the 0.100 update, it felt like this:

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
(snip)

And on her being a bitch, while I was mocked for doing it, I like to compare Ellie to Santana from Glee. In that Santana was also a cheerleader, and was a downright bitch to other characters and called them out when they were fooling themselves. But to characters like Brittney who were honest to themselves and others, Santana was a loyal friend.

And yeah, it's not ignoring her faults that I like Ellie, but because I saw potential and am starting to see character growth. And naked. I'll admit part of the reason I don't hesitate in sending Dylan to boarding school is so I can see more naked Ellie.
Santana, Britney, Quinn. Those Cheerios were hot. Loved that show.

If another TV show or game mentions cheerleaders, I will most likely think back to the Cheerios as to what I imagine cheerleaders are like.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017
He lost credibility by including that twist, and by removing it he regained it. He shifted a character, a main character as well, in a radically ridiculous direction that damaged them. Having Dylan fake a blackmail with a scumbag like Aiden was like letting a rabid dog off its leash. It was the dumbest fucking thing he could have done because seriously, how was this the best way to make his Mom feel better about herself? How does making her dress more sexy by making her think her son will be physically harmed if she doesn't comply do her any good?

People want to see Dylan and Sophia get closer and eventually sexual with each other but to do so in a good way, much like how Sophia and Ellie are getting sexually closer in a good way. Having this shadow hanging over Dylan would have tainted everything he did on the other path and it's an important main relationship. Honestly, when that happened in the 0.100 update, it felt like this:

I would agree with you if, and only if, the majority of the fans complained about the Twist. Once again, it wasn't the case. So saying that 'people want to see another thing' is your opinion and i can respect it, as you are only another fan like me.

But a developer moddifying things that were already in the game because some fans disliked how their favorite character was being painted? That's not a sigh of maturity and open the way for other fans complain about other things and if he don't give in to them as he did to Dylan's fans, he will start losing support. That's plainly favoritism and bad decisions that he didn't thought through. They don't go well for a dev in the long run.

I can give and i'm sure you can think of a lot of examples of even worse plotlines/endings in other good and big games that weren't removed by the dev even if the fans disliked. That's how they keep credibity, they accept that they made a mistake and learn from it, making the next updates/games better. What L&P did was try to make the problem disappear as if it wasn't there to begin with.

And well, that's only my opinion as a fan, you don't need to agree with me. We can agree to disagree and follow our lives as this won't change the fact that we both will continue playing the game... probably.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I would agree with you if, and only if, the majority of the fans complained about the Twist. Once again, it wasn't the case. So saying that 'people didn't want to see it' is your opinion and i can respect it, as you are only another fan like me.

But a developer moddifying things that were already in the game because some fans disliked how their favorite character was being painted? That's not a sigh of maturity and open the way for other fans complain about other things and if he don't give in to them as he did to Dylan's fans, he will start losing support. That's plainly favoritism and bad decisions that he didn't thought through. They don't go well for a dev in the long run.

I can give and i'm sure you can think of a lot of examples of even worse plotlines/endings in other good and big games that weren't removed by the dev even if the fans disliked. That's how they keep credibity, they assume that they made a mistake and learn from in the next updates/games. What L&P did was try to make the problem disappear as if it wasn't there to begin with.

And well, that's only my opinion as a fan, you don't need to agree with me. We can agree to disagree and follow our lives as this won't change the fact that we both will continue playing the game... probably.
That's what I don't get about the removal of the Twist. If there was a poll and the majority of fans didn't like it, at least L&P could claim he had a mandate to remove it. Even moreso since it would have been more than just Dylan fans that would have complained about it in order to achieve a simple majority. But it appears to be a snap decision made a few days after the release with no time given for even patrons on lower tiers to have played the update.

Reactions: Old Dog

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
It's a fine line. If something in a game is badly broken, or people raise valid complaints, a dev is wise to considering the feedback and make changes. This is especially true if they view the offending issue as minor. L&P has said that he never considered the twist a big deal, so removing it wasn't a big deal.

But you certainly don't want a game and story dictated by the fans. That would damage the integrity of the narrative and feel like a cheap cop-out.

Edit- There's also the issue that a high percentage of players never even saw the twist. That makes it both better and worse, because some portion of the fans weren't even aware of it and can't accurately give feedback.

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
It's a fine line. If something in a game is badly broken, or people raise valid complaints, a dev is wise to considering the feedback and make changes. This is especially true if they view the offending issue as minor. L&P has said that he never considered the twist a big deal, so removing it wasn't a big deal.

But you certainly don't want a game and story dictated by the fans. That would damage the integrity of the narrative and feel like a cheap cop-out.

Edit- There's also the issue that a high percentage of players never even saw the twist. That makes it both better and worse, because some portion of the fans weren't even aware of it and can't accurately give feedback.
It was news to me. I never even realized what Dylan had done until Old Dog had mentioned something about him being sent to boarding school if you didn't go along with Aiden and Dylan telling Sophia what he did. I thought it was a nice surprise in the story and didn't think it was that bad as others had made it.

Kodek

Jun 26, 2017

The fact that it was so minor makes the bad decision and favoritism even more blatant. As a minor thing, he could cover it with other events later on or maybe, even better, just wait until all of your fans can give an opinion and just be done with the thing.

I, myself, didn't know about the Twist until reading this thread and asking about it after wards.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019

But if the Twist was never a big deal, then there's no reason to remove it. So not only has he made more work for himself unnecessarily, but made it into a "cheap cop-out" as you put it.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
But if the Twist was never a big deal, then there's no reason to remove it. So not only has he made more work for himself unnecessarily, but made it into a "cheap cop-out" as you put it.
I hear ya, it's a double edge sword. I'm pretty neutral on Dylan, I don't care one way or another, but I thought it was a surprisingly dark twist for the character. The fact that L&P didn't see it as a big deal surprises me because it really re-contextualizes Dylan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kobudo27
3.20 star(s) 462 Votes