Captain Bipto

Mar 19, 2019
They do have choices of tiers but PBR is more about motivating an individual to produce more, or better, or both. One of the reasons I used to mistrust the system was because of the ways it could be used, eg rewarding individuals for hitting targets in an easy role, while somebody else with a much harder job would struggle to benefit from PBR. Patreon is different, as everything could be done in an impersonal way, eg where a game is classified as abandoned, payment would stop, to be resumed if the Dev returned to it. This would take a lot of work to design & implement but the alternative is just to carry on as we are. This of course is also a viable opton but I never knew any manager who pressed the 'do nothing' button.
well, if people start taking the pay away because of no content, that should motivate a creator to create. the pay shouldn't continue to be given if there's no regular content. if you're unhappy with content or service don't pay until you are

Reactions: cakeny

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
dont most patreons have pay tiers? or if they don't produce anything in 30 or 60 days then stop subscribing until they do produce
L&P does too, but since he is withholding how much he's making, it's impossible to say if anyone is switching to lower tiers during periods of inactivity. However according to , patreons are starting to drop their patronage during the months without updates. It's only a recent thing though, and we'll probably need to wait until the end of Feb to see if it's an actual thing

What was the top-tier teaser btw? I recall someone being rather dismissive about it probably being just Ellie and Sophia in the bathroom. Since the top-tier teasers seem to be the only incentive to being in the top tier

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
well, if people start taking the pay away because of no content, that should motivate a creator to create. the pay shouldn't continue to be given if there's no regular content. if you're unhappy with content or service don't pay until you are
Well yes, that's the way it operates now (& is one the reasons I'm a freeloader with this game) but a mass withdrawl of funds is unlikely to happen in a case such as AWAM. I wouldn't advocate this anyway, because it could lead to Devs just walking away. I'm trying to come up with a system which would reward effort, eg it could be something as simple as the Dev stating a completion date & delivering on time. So, this would need an element of the subscription to be withheld & only released if the target was met. Devs & Patrons would both need to sign up for this & I can forsee problems but this is why I've let the concept slide....too difficult? It was only when I saw those four 0% signs a week after the work was supposed to start that I thought of it seriously again. It's one of those things that may need to go back to the drawing board several times.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
L&P does too, but since he is withholding how much he's making, it's impossible to say if anyone is switching to lower tiers during periods of inactivity. However according to , patreons are starting to drop their patronage during the months without updates. It's only a recent thing though, and we'll probably need to wait until the end of Feb to see if it's an actual thing

What was the top-tier teaser btw? I recall someone being rather dismissive about it probably being just Ellie and Sophia in the bathroom. Since the top-tier teasers seem to be the only incentive to being in the top tier
The top tier teaser was Sophia and Ellie changing in the bathroom togther

Captain Bipto

Mar 19, 2019
Well yes, that's the way it operates now (& is one the reasons I'm a freeloader with this game) but a mass withdrawl of funds is unlikely to happen in a case such as AWAM. I wouldn't advocate this anyway, because it could lead to Devs just walking away. I'm trying to come up with a system which would reward effort, eg it could be something as simple as the Dev stating a completion date & delivering on time. So, this would need an element of the subscription to be withheld & only released if the target was met. Devs & Patrons would both need to sign up for this & I can forsee problems but this is why I've let the concept slide....too difficult? It was only when I saw those four 0% signs a week after the work was supposed to start that I thought of it seriously again. It's one of those things that may need to go back to the drawing board several times.
I think the initial pay IS the reward. If I hired someone to clean my house and agreed to deposit 100 bucks int heir bank account every week and they haven't shown up for 2 weeks, I'm not going to continue to pay them. plus hey owe me a couple weeks of work. And, I'm not going to give them a bonus for showing up on time, it's not part of the agreement

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I think the initial pay IS the reward. If I hired someone to clean my house and agreed to deposit 100 bucks int heir bank account every week and they haven't shown up for 2 weeks, I'm not going to continue to pay them. plus hey owe me a couple weeks of work. And, I'm not going to give them a bonus for showing up on time, it's not part of the agreement
I take your point but the trick of PBR was that the money was there anyway. Some people deemed productive were able to access more of it & if you were very productive, maybe the goalposts would move, next time. (L&P knows about targets & moving goalposts, as a part of an overall plan). It was yet another management tool of the "carrot & stick" variety but still, some consultants were able to maintain their lifestyle implementing it & writing about it. As I say, I never really took to it but it's only one of a number of thoughts I've had concerning productivity. There are other ways to manipulate employees pay but I'm going for the milder stuff at the moment. This idea that Patrons could be withdrawing funds between updates might turn out to be an interesting development, worth keeping an eye on.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

Captain Bipto

Mar 19, 2019
I take your point but the trick of PBR was that the money was there anyway. Some people deemed productive were able to access more of it & if you were very productive, maybe the goalposts would move, next time. (L&P knows about targets & moving goalposts, as a part of an overall plan). It was yet another management tool of the "carrot & stick" variety but still, some consultants were able to maintain their lifestyle implementing it & writing about it. As I say, I never really took to it but it's only one of a number of thoughts I've had concerning productivity. This idea that Patrons could be withdrawing funds between updates might turn out to be an interesting development, worth keeping an eye on.
Well when he posts new content, re-sub and maybe he'll get the idea

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
There are other factors which have also stopped me subscribing, which I fully intended to do, once I could afford it. No payment system will make any difference because they relate to my personal disappointments with AWAM, which I won't cloud the issue with here but which are in the public domain. Anyway, I'm glad someone responded to the issues raised by 0%. We'll probably revisit this at some point.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Well, content we like though. I would hardly recommend an Aiden fan re-sub if it turns out that his tasks are going to be more of the same.

Or anyone resub if L&P is going to continue to woo the Dylan fans at the expense of everyone else. Dylan already has the most events. Two events this update, three events in the v0.100 update, and a small event for the bonus storyline in v.150. If Dylan gets the other bonus storyline in the v.150 it's going to be even worse

Captain Bipto

Mar 19, 2019
Well, content we like though. I would hardly recommend an Aiden fan re-sub if it turns out that his tasks are going to be more of the same.

Or anyone resub if L&P is going to continue to woo the Dylan fans at the expense of everyone else. Dylan already has the most events. Two events this update, three events in the v0.100 update, and a small event for the bonus storyline in v.150. If Dylan gets the other bonus storyline in the v.150 it's going to be even worse
most events...? that because he lives with her, he should have the most access to her...

... to her drinks...

get some roofies off the tuff looking kid in the school yard, wait til dad's not home and have a party with her

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
most events...? that because he lives with her, he should have the most access to her...

... to her drinks...

get some roofies off the tuff looking kid in the school yard, wait til dad's not home and have a party with her
If it's just because Dylan lives with Sophia, then Ellie should get the same treatment. But does Ellie get her own bonus storyline? Is there even any word of her getting one?

Does Ellie get events from her POV? While I appreciate that he is the most popular character besides Sophia, he's only slightly ahead of Ellie.

Captain Bipto

Mar 19, 2019
If it's just because Dylan lives with Sophia, then Ellie should get the same treatment. But does Ellie get her own bonus storyline? Is there even any word of her getting one?

Does Ellie get events from her POV? While I appreciate that he is the most popular character besides Sophia, he's only slightly ahead of Ellie.
he's not ahead at all, Ellie's already seen and touched Sophia's naked body. Dylan only seen nips

Reactions: pavlogrk

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
he's not ahead at all, Ellie's already seen and touched Sophia's naked body. Dylan only seen nips
Dylan sees all four women naked in the shower during the Yoga event, unless like @PaxHadrian you specifically play Dylan's POV for him not to perv on them. The only clue you get to this on Sophia's POV however is a comment from (I think) Claire about someone spilling shower gel

So he not only can see Sophia complete naked, but Patricia too, which is more than Ellie does.

And that still doesn't answer my point about the bonus storyline, which you only get if you're on the Dylan route.

And yes, Ellie is ahead storywise, but Dylan still has more events and screentime. And events from his POV, and storylines.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
You guys get too worked up over Dylan
If it was just Dylan's fans enjoying playing the Dylan route, which they have every right to do, I doubt people would be as worked up about it.

I'm kinda curious about the next poll now if Ellie can manage to win it, not because she's one of my favourite characters and I think she deserves it, but because if L&P's focus on the storyline changes to favour her because of it, what it potentially means for the future of the AWAM storyline.

Dec 30, 2020
Не патскажыте какийи указани надо делат что бы дилан сосал грудь матери у примеричной ??по какому сенарию надо проходит ??

3.20 star(s) 462 Votes