Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
A couple more updates? This game is already progressing at a snails pace, and we want to go slower? Sometimes you just need to pull the trigger, even if it isn't perfect. For all of my extensive complaints about the sauna scene, I'm happy that progress was actually made. Could it have been better explained? Maybe, probably. But let's not decry the little progress this game has given us.
I think the sauna scene with Vicki and her boyfriend would not have been rejected if L&P described Sofia's experiences in more detail and added a few more renders. Of course we need progress, but we would like the progress to be limited and logical.

Reactions: truerty

Captain Bipto

Mar 19, 2019
That someone is using my "stupid sig ads" shows that what your saying clearly isn't true.

All I'm ultimately asking is where you are getting your numbers from. You can be using 351 for all I care, which is the number of votes Dylan had in the Favorite Character poll last I had numbers for. But I'm entirely correct in saying that at the time I'm posting this, Team Dylan has the same amount of sigs as Team Mr Murray.
and, for the last time, you count your sigs and I'll count the likes on the TEAM DYLAN post. THAT'S BEEN UP SINCE LAST MONDAY AND REPOSTED A COUPLE OF TIMES THIS WEEK, IF YOU WERE PAYING ATTENTION TO ANYTHING BUT YOUR OWN POSTS.

The whole purpose of this game, from day 1 in the car, is a lead up to Sophia having sex with Dylan. Argue all you want. But it's in the title and teased from day 1. And, it's what most of the players are waiting for.
View attachment 992364

AM I RIGHT, TEAM DYLAN? ;)
Why is it, every time I see you posting something its always to argue with someone. This thing has been up for a whole week and you never saw it? :rolleyes:

truerty

Dec 30, 2018
A couple more updates? This game is already progressing at a snails pace, and we want to go slower? Sometimes you just need to pull the trigger, even if it isn't perfect. For all of my extensive complaints about the sauna scene, I'm happy that progress was actually made. Could it have been better explained? Maybe, probably. But let's not decry the little progress this game has given us.
I wanted it to go slower with new characters, not with already established characters. We all want to see some action in this game, including me, but not out of the blue with some strangers like that!

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
^^^
Edit- They responded as I was typing

I think the sauna scene with Vicki and her boyfriend would not have been rejected if L&P described Sofia's experiences in more detail and added a few more renders. Of course we need progress, but we would like the progress to be limited and logical.
That's a fair opinion, I share the thought that the scene had really poor writing. But the scene's writing isn't really what truerty is arguing against. They're arguing that Sophia's corruption was illogical because it happened too early, and that "the same scene happened after a couple more updates, a bit more corruption from established characters, i would've been fine". That's the part I don't agree with. Eventually, we need a scene to do something to advance the story, and we finally got it. To your point Bane71, the writing could have been a hell of a lot better. But unless I misunderstand truerty, they're implying that the scene's placement in the story is fundamentally flawed and that we needed more baby steps leading up to it; and that simply writing better dialog for the scene wouldn't be enough.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
^^^
Edit- They responded as I was typing

That's a fair opinion, I share the thought that the scene had really poor writing. But the scene's writing isn't really what truerty is arguing against. They're arguing that Sophia's corruption was illogical because it happened too early, and that "the same scene happened after a couple more updates, a bit more corruption from established characters, i would've been fine". That's the part I don't agree with. Eventually, we need a scene to do something to advance the story, and we finally got it. To your point Bane71, the writing could have been a hell of a lot better. But unless I misunderstand truerty, they're implying that the scene's placement in the story is fundamentally flawed and that we needed more baby steps leading up to it; and that simply writing better dialog for the scene wouldn't be enough.
This is perfectly understandable. And they are right. But a deeper description of what is happening could fully justify the event that is taking place and there would be no rejection of it. That's what I mean! And of course we need progress, no doubt about it.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Bane71 truerty

See, I think the placement of the scene is fine. I think at this point in the story it is believable that Sophia would expose her breasts in an sauna, even though she just met DeShawn. Is it a big step for her? Yes. Is it a step that I think is too big? No. Waiting for a couple more updates would have pushed this scene to the next day- or maybe even the following day. In my opinion, the clock is already ticking, we're running out of days and scenes in which to advance Sophia's character and corruption. Putting this off for another day or two (and in reality another year or two) doesn't work for me because there's a lot of ground for this game to cover. We needed Sophia to finally get a little daring and I'm happy it happened when it did.

The obvious compromise, and the thing that gives me the most worry, is that the scene could have been written better. If L&P can't make a critical scene like this palpable to members of his audience, then he is going to have trouble as the game ramps up over the next few days.

I'm coming around to the thinking that this update (and this day) will end up being a hinge on which the entire game turned. Depending on the next updates (especially Sam's concert), this day could be very important. When the game is finally finished, new players may look at this day and say, "Oh yeah, when Sophia exposed herself at the sauna and then again at the jail, I knew the pace was starting to pick up."

• Red Heart
Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

truerty

Dec 30, 2018
This is perfectly understandable. And they are right. But a deeper description of what is happening could fully justify the event that is taking place and there would be no rejection of it. That's what I mean! And of course we need progress, no doubt about it.
Agreed
But unless I misunderstand truerty, they're implying that the scene's placement in the story is fundamentally flawed and that we needed more baby steps leading up to it; and that simply writing better dialog for the scene wouldn't be enough.
That's precisely what I'm implying. I don't believe better dialog would've been enough to justify the topless scene with complete strangers for a conservative character like hers. But opinions vary, to each their own i suppose.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
and, for the last time, you count your sigs and I'll count the likes on the TEAM DYLAN post. THAT'S BEEN UP SINCE LAST MONDAY AND REPOSTED A COUPLE OF TIMES THIS WEEK, IF YOU WERE PAYING ATTENTION TO ANYTHING BUT YOUR OWN POSTS.

Why is it, every time I see you posting something its always to argue with someone. This thing has been up for a whole week and you never saw it? :rolleyes:
That is the first time you've answered me in reference to where you've got your numbers from. Thank you, that is all I was asking for.

And in terms of me only arguing with people, that is also false. I have while we have been discussing this have, with evidence, shown Sophia showing her intentions of setting Sam up with Ellie that they didn't know about. It's something I'm not going to choose being a proponent of Ellie/Jules, but I do acknowledge that there is a possibility, the same as I acknowledge the possibility of Dylan/Emma or Dylan/Marie happening before Dylan/Sophia

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Agreed

That's precisely what I'm implying. I don't believe better dialog would've been enough to justify the topless scene with complete strangers for a conservative character like hers. But opinions vary, to each their own i suppose.
I keep coming back to the 30-day time limit that L&P has imposed. We're on day 12 now, correct? And we expect Sophia's first extramarital sex scene on day 19? If I have those days correct (and you would think at this point I'd have them memorized), we're only a week away from Sophia's first opportunity to have sex with someone besides Liam. To me, that poses a daunting challenge for the pacing of this game. So I guess maybe I'm working backwards, but this makes the sauna scene more logical to me. On day 12 Sophia is open to exposing her breasts in front of relative strangers in a private area where it's socially acceptable. How do we get her from there to having (I hope) consensual sex on day 19? Knowing that it's unlikely that each day will have a watershed moment for her corruption between now and then, that means that we're likely to get roughly 3 or 4 opportunities to really advance her corruption before day 19. A lot has to happen to put it mildly.

I wonder if L&P is going to throw that 30-day idea out, or if he'll do what I said earlier and go for a longer time-jump.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
I keep coming back to the 30-day time limit that L&P has imposed. We're on day 12 now, correct? And we expect Sophia's first extramarital sex scene on day 19? If I have those days correct (and you would think at this point I'd have them memorized), we're only a week away from Sophia's first opportunity to have sex with someone besides Liam. To me, that poses a daunting challenge for the pacing of this game. So I guess maybe I'm working backwards, but this makes the sauna scene more logical to me. On day 12 Sophia is open to exposing her breasts in front of relative strangers in a private area where it's socially acceptable. How do we get her from there to having (I hope) consensual sex on day 19? Knowing that it's unlikely that each day will have a watershed moment for her corruption between now and then, that means that we're likely to get roughly 3 or 4 opportunities to really advance her corruption before day 19. A lot has to happen to put it mildly.

I wonder if L&P is going to throw that 30-day idea out, or if he'll do what I said earlier and go for a longer time-jump.
We probably just shouldn't be so demanding! Isn't it just a game?

Captain Bipto

Mar 19, 2019
That is the first time you've answered me in reference to where you've got your numbers from. Thank you, that is all I was asking for.

And in terms of me only arguing with people, that is also false. I have while we have been discussing this have, with evidence, shown Sophia showing her intentions of setting Sam up with Ellie that they didn't know about. It's something I'm not going to choose being a proponent of Ellie/Jules, but I do acknowledge that there is a possibility, the same as I acknowledge the possibility of Dylan/Emma or Dylan/Marie happening before Dylan/Sophia
The whole purpose of this game, from day 1 in the car, is a lead up to Sophia having sex with Dylan. Argue all you want. But it's in the title and teased from day 1. And, it's what most of the players are waiting for.
View attachment 992364

AM I RIGHT, TEAM DYLAN? ;)
first time, huh...?

Screenshot 2021-01-25 012917.png

now do I have to go back and find the first time we argued about your stupid sigs, too?

Reactions: teresina

Captain Bipto

Mar 19, 2019

Don't chat with me anymore, I'm not argumentative snob like you. I'm just here to hang out and joke around

Reactions: teresina
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes