BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
I sincerely do not understand what some of you want. Asking the dev to make a plan and stick with it in order to reduce these long development cycles is not a crazy idea. No one expects or wants L&P to rush the game out in a year. If you're happy with two 30-minute updates a year (and that's the pace we're on right now) then all I can say is that you should expect better from a developer.
No, we can't do that. People asking for that are idiots. We should just lick the dev's ballsack for working himself off to a point where he doesn't even have time to have a dog instead of suggesting stuff that might help him 1) develop quicker maintaining quality 2) increasing what the game as to offer therefore increasing his pay out $$$ 3) not burning out for lack of personal time.

Reactions: Toushiro

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
So, now I'm the patreon.
After the intensive advertising campaign for Viper6 and its gang, I had to support the gifted developer.
Now that he knows how to organize his day, I can only win.

P.S .: If you think I am not taking you seriously, then this is true for once
Even I am a patron.

I've said time and time again that I have no issue supporting a project that the dev is fully invested in.
You confuse criticism with hate.

• Wow
Reactions: hmc15 and lockerxx

magaclaawe

Mar 5, 2020
No.Are you sure that you are not thinking of Alyssa?
The horse riding event will not happen for a while.
Yeah it was probably Alyssa. Last time i was playing i remember Patricia was saying that she would be leaving for some time.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
I didn't see that one coming.
I support 12 projects right now. If the dev is commited to it I'm there to support, it costs me nothing. If I see the dev go the extra mile, I'll sub on the top tier. I'm in a lucky spot, money doesn't really matter.
What I won't do is supporting lazy devs which tbh I thought it was L&Ps case some months ago but I'm starting to see that it's just someone with high attention to detail and that eventually gets lost in its own art @ development stage. I get it, everything looks good and he wants to capture everything, but he needs to learn when enough is enough and move on.
If we transpose this to music, right now L&P is that indie band making a handful of awesome songs playing little gigs that you're like "how tf no one knows these dudes?" and then you have shitty bands pulling 2 albums in the same amount of time of generic average music pulling huge arena gigs making millions just because they're smarter about it and market well. Too much potential going to waste.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
3 updates a year, 4 months apart, is fine

2 updates a year, 6 months apart, is too little

Of course time will tell
Dare to dream a little, do you really understand how slow 4 months of development is? If we get 3 updates a year, that's only one in-game day. It will literally take a decade and a half to finish the game at that rate.

For us to have any hope of this game reaching completion, updates have to average something like 90 days. That means we need some that can be done in 75 days, and some longer ones that need 120 days. At minimum, there should be four updates in a 12 month span. That isn't asking a lot, I swear it isn't. Compromises will need to be made, but I'm sure we can maintain quality renders even if there are just fewer of them. Let's assume we average 90 day development cycles; accounting for testing and other preparations, maybe that leaves 75 days of rendering. If L&P can hold tight to 400 renders per update, that would mean that he would have to produce a little over 5 renders a day to meet the 400 renders in 75 days threshold. This seems like a very doable benchmark. This threshold would be about 1,200 renders for an entire in-game day.

More than likely though, I think L&P is going to need to reconsider the 30 playable days idea. It's just going to take too long, even if L&P gets the average development cycle down to 90 days. He may want to consider not only time skips, but montages to help advance the story.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Dare to dream a little, do you really understand how slow 4 months of development is? If we get 3 updates a year, that's only one in-game day. It will literally take a decade and a half to finish the game at that rate.

For us to have any hope of this game reaching completion, updates have to average something like 90 days. That means we need some that can be done in 75 days, and some longer ones that need 120 days. At minimum, there should be four updates in a 12 month span. That isn't asking a lot, I swear it isn't. Compromises will need to be made, but I'm sure we can maintain quality renders even if there are just fewer of them. Let's assume we average 90 day development cycles; accounting for testing and other preparations, maybe that leaves 75 days of rendering. If L&P can hold tight to 400 renders per update, that would mean that he would have to produce a little over 5 renders a day to meet the 400 renders in 75 days threshold. This seems like a very doable benchmark. This threshold would be about 1,200 renders for an entire in-game day.

More than likely though, I think L&P is going to need to reconsider the 30 playable days idea. It's just going to take too long, even if L&P gets the average development cycle down to 90 days. He may want to consider not only time skips, but montages to help advance the story.
There's about 3 or 4 devs making as good looking renders but the style would have to be the same and there has to be sharing of character assets, so I understand L&Ps point here of being too difficult to find someone, teach them the same style and then fully trust them that they wont just go and fork the story for monetary gain by developing a fuckfest on the side.

So that leaves him with the option of getting people to work on sketches of the scenes, props, items, environments, clothing of the next version so when the time to develop comes he already knows what he's going to use.
It's simple and eases up a lot of the burden if you're developing/rendering and thinking of what to use on the fly or what might look good on the scene you're creating atm, basically it eliminates the "what If I try this in this scene?".

A quick and easy way of easing up his workload would be to share with 2nd guy what the next version's history going to be and your vision of the scenes, that's a 4h call.
2nd guy takes notes and goes to the board, renders it and keeps sending next version's screenshots (not of full scene renders with characters, but environment renders and assets such as clothing/shaping/surfaces/meshes examples), and all L&P needs to do is say what he thinks about it. Then do a weekly call to touch base about the next version and whats the status of the proposed assets .

Once he wraps up the actual version he already has the next version all thought and organized in terms of environment assets and clothing/shaping/surfaces/meshes.
4hr call again to discuss next version with 2nd guy and another cycle begins.

Basically he doesn't even need a pro in Daz because it would be L&P making the scenes, he would just have all the work lined up for him according to his directons but done by someone else.
After a few versions 2nd guy is already in line with what L&P is looking for and the process will just get better. It can even reach a point where the environment comes like 90% done and then its just characters/posing/cameras/lights left which will bring the render average from 5 to at least double, as I'm guessing giving life to a base environment set is what takes most of the time in the dev cycle L&P has per scene.

His photoshop editing, the same. Plenty of people out there that could be editing the renders in batches as they come.

For dialogue I'll reserve any kind of suggestions as I dont know if L&P is making the full dialogue, before he goes rendering or after.

Last edited:

John The Boogeyman Wick

Jul 12, 2017
You're asking this to someone who founded a software company, sold it after 4 years and is now retired, enjoying life doing whatever I want and just throwing play money at startups and I'm not even in my 30s.

"Do you even grasp.." Fucking hilarious, just sit down little kiddo.

What an idiot.

edit; reading the past pages all I see is people agreeing with my points of view, but yeah, I guess we're the idiots, you're the genius.
A game, that if finished. will be finished in 8-10 years. Can you imagine the kind of games that are going to exist by then? Is AWAM supposed to be then what normal drawn comics are to these games now and work for 100 patrons? Imagine being so dense that you can't see that this project is ending in 2028 so it needs to be ahead of the game else fresh works will show up with more and better stuff (as they are right now) to do ingame and just capture the audience of AWAM. Do you think L&P is going to work for 400-500 patrons or that that kind of money is even enough?
Yeah we're the ones with the tiny heads.
ouch hes gonna need ice for that

funny to think this games been around since 2017 and still has less content some games that where made this year

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
ouch hes gonna need ice for that

funny to think this games been around since 2017 and still has less content some games that where made this year
It depends on how you classify content. The game actually has plenty of content (play all branches without skipping), it's just that it could have more, without burning the dev down, with the right issues fixed.

For instance L&P has stated, if I recall correctly, that theres a 5% decrease in time by rendering 1080p with his new setup vs his old setup rendering 720p and a 20% decrease if he renders 720p now with this new setup vs the old one.

Looking at, best case scenario, 8 years of development, just do 720p and let someone upscale it using tools, why throw away a net 15% of development time?

L&P has stated that it takes his new setup 20 to 30 minutes rendering a 1080p image. For simplicity, lets put it at 25 minutes for an average of 600 renders. That's 15000 minutes solely rendering, per update, in 1080p.
Could be 12000 minutes if it was in 720p.
That's a 50 hour difference per each update and will probably grow has he keeps growing the nr of renders per version.
Looking at his version numbers, he still has 58 updates to do * 50 hours, that's 3 months of time lost just on rendering 1080p. A full update time.

If there are great tools right now in 2021 to upscale these renders, in a few years they'll be even better. Use those.

Anyways these lost posts won't do much. If he's really planning on releasing this game until its end in 2028-2030, he needs a plan asap and it's in these tiny things that you take a few days here, a chunk of days there and when you notice you're throwing the same amount of content at a faster pace because you optimized all your work.

sheatfish

Sep 17, 2019
Thanks guys, but I'm probably too dumb for that.

It's a shame, of course, I clearly have everything in the game with errors. We had sex with Sophia. And now being in the sauna with Vicki and Deshon, Sophia, looking at his penis, argues that she has not had sex for a long time. (((

Good evening everyone! I have a rest, I have already 2 am.
Replace the file with yourself, here is the corrected translation

• Red Heart
Reactions: Bane71

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
It's a nice teaser. Not because of the image itself but because of a certain purple detail. The aiden task migh be something way bigger than what people were expecting.
Still betting on the selfie, despite the renders.

2 fantastic renders btw, its just on another level.

Reactions: cerebotio2

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
It's a nice teaser. Not because of the image itself but because of a certain purple detail. The aiden task migh be something way bigger than what people were expecting.

Very interesting, what is in this package? Clothes or toys?
Even so, L&P is able to surprise.
Probably the 3rd task is just a ride, And the feolite detail is related to the fourth task.

Last edited:

sheatfish

Sep 17, 2019

looks like clothes, maybe leather

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes