Nov 17, 2019
The dev needs an editor or someone to say no you dont need that, its redundant.

Posting that you have X amount of words or renders is kinda useless considering the amount of "playable" content.

After playing Being a Dik i no longer have a ton of faith in the dev.

Reactions: Turret

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Is anyone actually complaining about his work speed though? My understanding of the problem people have is more that during the Update Plan he said "It shouldn't take that long because most of these are rather short events" which has been changed to "950 renders" and "complex events"
Yes and no.

Yes people do criticize him for his work speed. His daily production has long been a problem. As quency77 documented, the number of renders produced daily is pitiful. Right now, I count 120 days of production on this update. If we assume 950 renders, that's an average of 7.91 renders every day. Not only is that not impressive, but it's below what he produced for all of v0.100 (8.4/day). But it gets worse. To keep the numbers consistent with how Quency calculated his numbers, we need to divide the total number of renders by the total number of days until the update is released. So if the release slips into June, it isn't 120 days it will be upwards of 150 days. That would bring the daily average down to 6.33. So while that is indeed better than his output for v0.115, it's still anemic as hell.

But no, he's missing the point (perhaps intentionally). Most of the complaints are that this update has simply taken too long. No one is impressed by his argument that he's working faster than before, because the scale of this update is absurd. Simply put, no one asked for 950 renders, no one wanted 950 renders, people want the game. He's deflecting blame clumsily because he has no leg to stand on. There is no excuse for why he needed five months for this update. This is a complete collapse of project management, and throwing more renders onto the pile won't help.

He's only going to get worse because he is not capable of reigning himself in. I cannot foresee us ever getting back to a 3 month schedule because he is obsessed with maximizing the number of renders per update. Part 2 of Playable Day 11 (so 50% of an entire day) had 1,347 renders. Part 2 of 3 of Playable Day 12 (so 33% of an entire day) will have roughly 950 renders. That means, parts 1 and 2 of PD 12 will combine for 1,416 renders. This game is out of control. It will never be finished.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Yes and no.

Yes people do criticize him for his work speed. His daily production has long been a problem. As quency77 documented, the number of renders produced daily is pitiful. Right now, I count 120 days of production on this update. If we assume 950 renders, that's an average of 7.91 renders every day. Not only is that not impressive, but it's below what he produced for all of v0.100 (8.4/day). But it gets worse. To keep the numbers consistent with how Quency calculated his numbers, we need to divide the total number of renders by the total number of days until the update is released. So if the release slips into June, it isn't 120 days it will be upwards of 150 days. That would bring the daily average down to 6.33. So while that is indeed better than his output for v0.115, it's still anemic as hell.

But no, he's missing the point (perhaps intentionally). Most of the complaints are that this update has simply taken too long. No one is impressed by his argument that he's working faster than before, because the scale of this update is absurd. Simply put, no one asked for 950 renders, no one wanted 950 renders, people want the game. He's deflecting blame clumsily because he has no leg to stand on. There is no excuse for why he needed five months for this update. This is a complete collapse of project management, and throwing more renders onto the pile won't help.

He's only going to get worse because he is not capable of reigning himself in. I cannot foresee us ever getting back to a 3 month schedule because he is obsessed with maximizing the number of renders per update. Part 2 of Playable Day 11 (so 50% of an entire day) had 1,347 renders. Part 2 of 3 of Playable Day 12 (so 33% of an entire day) will have roughly 950 renders. That means, parts 1 and 2 of PD 12 will combine for 1,416 renders. This game is out of control. It will never be finished.
I really wish the kind of arguments and points we bring up here in this forum are brought up by his patrons as well. He does not read half the things here and when he does he conveniently only answers questions to which he has an answer or can give a proper comeback to. If these same points were mentioned to him actively by his patrons there is bound to be some change.
In the past as well we have seen that the things the patrons vote against are more or less taken out of the game. He does listen to them to some extent. As long as his patrons don't actively criticize his delays he will absolutely not change.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Yes and no.

I was curious, so I broke down the render numbers to be per event, and discovered something interesting. The numbers are obviously rough, but it appears that he actually is capable of reigning himself in. With 35 renders for the Dylan/Emma event, that's a little less than the 40-45 the event was originally estimated to take. It just means that for events like Task #3 and Dylan/Sophia, this is where the plan has been abandoned, and where events turn out to be x3 to x4 estimated, and where I get curious if people are going to consider it worth it or still blue-balling.

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
I really wish the kind of arguments and points we bring up here in this forum are brought up by his patrons as well. He does not read half the things here and when he does he conveniently only answers questions to which he has an answer or can give a proper comeback to. If these same points were mentioned to him actively by his patrons there is bound to be some change.
In the past as well we have seen that the things the patrons vote against are more or less taken out of the game. He does listen to them to some extent. As long as his patrons don't actively criticize his delays he will absolutely not change.
This is going to be a cryptic answer, but here it is...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
So 1 day update per year right?
Considering the following.
  • 1.5 Weeks (projected) to complete the last set of scenes for this upcoming update.
  • He will probably need another, at least, 3 to 4 weeks to edit/PS and P&T.
  • Unless he changes his mind, He will most likely take a couple of weeks off after this update. His original plan was time off in May.
  • The next update is set to be another major event to complete this P.D. 12
  • This P.D. was started back on Oct. 7, 2020. First Post
So it's Highly Likely this P.D. will take one full calendar year to complete.

Last edited:

bayrischman

Feb 27, 2021
Considering the following.
  • 1.5 Weeks (projected) to complete the last set of scenes for this upcoming update.
  • He will probably need another, at least, 3 to 4 weeks to edit/PS and P&T.
  • Unless he changes his mind, He will most likely take a couple of weeks off after this update. His original plan was time off in May.
  • The next update is set to be another major event to complete this P.D. 12
  • This P.D. was started back on Oct. 7, 2020. First Post
So it's Highly Likely this P.D. will take one full calendar year to complete.
15- 16 monate für tag 12

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Is this update the one where L&P said you will be able to change the points mid game on characters so you would not be blocked from seeing all scenes? I thought he said that before or maybe I was just too high
That is supposed to be the update after next.

Last edited:

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
They do get brought up at times but they are either ignored or classed as a hater by other patrons.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes