hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Oh folks, it was about happy speculation on the question of Bane71, I think, as true as your objections are. And not a new topic for analysis.

Reactions: Bane71

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
OK, first of all I don't want to diminish the work of others and also don't want to rate it. But you just cannot compare the amount of renders between different games in a certain time span! It's like comparing apples to oranges. Every dev has his own style and own preferences which can take up more or less time. If you say 4000 renders and 100 animations, I'd like to know how many of these 4000 renders are actually part of the animations. I heard his animations should be very good, so I'd guess he uses at least 30 frames per animation at an average. This would mean 3000 renders would flow only into the animations! And what are animations? Exaggerated, it's a hand moving 15 renders front and 15 renders back without changing any tone mapping or other adjustments in that scene. Creating one huge scene with very complex lighting, dforce simulations and many characters can take up the same amount of time like creating 10 animations! Then it also depends on how complex a render is. How many characters are involved? How much you pay attention on the adjustments of every detail? How complex is your lighting? How much time do you spend to enhance the quality afterwards? How much attention do you pay to the poses and expressions? How tolerable are you to little art mistakes? Are there any effects? How much do you work with dforce? How many different places are there? How big are they? How much do you compose the environment yourself? Etc. etc. etc. There are a lot of different things which flow in a render which can varry the time exposure extremely! Of course 4000 renders in 5 months are impressive and the dev is certainly working very hard and also has great renders! But only because a dev created 4000 renders in 5 months and I "only" around 1000, doesn't automatically mean that I work much less!

Last edited:

Bishop Robert

Feb 14, 2018
Indeed, I could be wrong and indicate the wrong day!

But knowing how L&P tells us its story, I am sure he will try to surprise us and we will definitely not correctly indicate with whom Sofia will cheat on her husband for the first time!
But of course I do not exclude that someone will guess right!

For example, I wonder who you think it might be?
At this point with the whole "unexpected" thing in mind, I have three who might be it
1) Carl (Right now thanks to what hzjujk said I feel this might actually be the one)
2) Mailman
3) Janitor

Reactions: Bane71

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Guys, just for the sake of "truth", he didn't say someone unexpected, but "something" unexpected. From his words it means more that the situation or Sophia actions will be unexpected, not with whom. It might be also with someone unexpected but it is not technically what he said.
Just to get the facts straight, then we are free to speculate and fantasize ;-)
It's good to keep reminding everyone: it is an unexpected event/situation.

But reading the snipped you reference: playable day 16: four years away?
Lust&Passion said:

• Sad
Reactions: xxxorro

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Well, if that's how he put it, it's the postman, Mr Murray. Surprisingly stands in front of the door, Sophia, interrupted while masturbating, can not think clearly because of sexual excitement ... and takes what is due to her.
Cheesy and yuck at the same time. I hope you don't think that's really likely - but maybe it will be something as unoriginal as that and I'm hoping against hope.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
OK, first of all I don't want to diminish the work of others ...

But you just cannot compare the amount of renders between different games in a certain time span! It's like comparing apples to oranges.
Lust&Passion,
With all due respect, of course BAD isn't anything like AWAM and we shouldn't compare them directly. I don't think anyone could possibly say the image quality is as high as yours, and the number of animations and images isn't all that important.

At the end of the day, the real point of comparison is that DPC moves the story forward substantially, with just about every main character (which are about a dozen), in every update.

You are apparently envisioning AWAM as some hybridization of Marcel Proust's Remembrance of Things Past (sometimes translated to English as In Search of Lost Time) and take your pick of Andrei Tarkovsky's Stalker or Andrei Rublev.

My recollection of reading Swan's Way (book one of seven volumes that comprise Remembrance of Things Past) was that the first 32 pages were an uninterrupted exposition where the narrator ruminates on the feelings experienced when reflecting on a childhood memory of looking out the bedroom window and how that made them feel at the time.

Is a scene where Aiden and Sophia get out of town for a few hours really that deep?

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Lust&Passion,
With all due respect, of course BAD isn't anything like AWAM and we shouldn't compare them directly. I don't think anyone could possibly say the image quality is as high as yours, and the number of animations and images isn't all that important.

At the end of the day, the real point of comparison is that DPC moves the story forward substantially, with just about every main character (which are about a dozen), in every update.

You are apparently envisioning AWAM as some hybridization of Marcel Proust's Remembrance of Things Past (sometimes translated to English as In Search of Lost Time) and take your pick of Andrei Tarkovsky's Stalker or Andrei Rublev.

My recollection of reading Swan's Way (book one of seven volumes that comprise Remembrance of Things Past) was that the first 32 pages were an uninterrupted exposition where the narrator ruminates on the feelings experienced when reflecting on a childhood memory of looking out the bedroom window and how that made them feel at the time.

Is a scene where Aiden and Sophia get out of town for a few hours really that deep?
Stalker was a great movie. although I liked the book by the Strugatzki brothers even better.
If you use these comparisons then it is clear that L&P never achieved gold status. For some, the update will be too elitist in how precisely it draws its characters and emotions, for others it will be just as accurate enough.
They made their choices even before it was released, that's what it sounds like.
No reproach, just a statement.

Cold brew

Jul 20, 2020
OK, first of all I don't want to diminish the work of others and also don't want to rate it. But you just cannot compare the amount of renders between different games in a certain time span! It's like comparing apples to oranges. Every dev has his own style and own preferences which can take up more or less time. If you say 4000 renders and 100 animations, I'd like to know how many of these 4000 renders are actually part of the animations. I heard his animations should be very good, so I'd guess he uses at least 30 frames per animation at an average. This would mean 3000 renders would flow only into the animations! And what are animations? Exaggerated, it's a hand moving 15 renders front and 15 renders back without changing any tone mapping or other adjustments in that scene. Creating one huge scene with very complex lighting, dforce simulations and many characters can take up the same amount of time like creating 10 animations! Then it also depends on how complex a render is. How many characters are involved? How much you pay attention on the adjustments of every detail? How complex is your lighting? How much time do you spend to enhance the quality afterwards? How much attention do you pay to the poses and expressions? How tolerable are you to little art mistakes? Are there any effects? How much do you work with dforce? How many different places are there? How big are they? How much do you compose the environment yourself? Etc. etc. etc. There are a lot of different things which flow in a render which can varry the time exposure extremely! Of course 4000 renders in 5 months are impressive and the dev is certainly working very hard and also has great renders! But only because a dev created 4000 renders in 5 months and I "only" around 1000, doesn't automatically mean that I work much less!
PROOF OF LIFE! :D
I have been freaking out. I am so relieved.

• Haha
Reactions: m4pII and roro

Hornyman2

Feb 13, 2021
Give me new uptade ! Now !!!

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Actually the animations are completely separated from the 4000 renders.
Also we are talking about 250 pieces of animation from 3 to 30 seconds each.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Lust&Passion,

Actually the animations are completely separated from the 4000 renders.
Also we are talking about 250 pieces of animation from 3 to 30 seconds each.
And it has mechanics that need to be coded (free roam/cellphone/social medias etc) that AWAM doesn't have.

Still waiting on that stream where L&P shows his daz designing/rendering workflow.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes