Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Your words in this post are extremely disrespectful to the author of AWAM. You don't decide what is more important to L&P, the details or the promotion of the story.

You absolutize your opinion, do not even admit the idea that there are any other approaches to assessments other than your own.

Damn it, you can't be so blind as not to see and understand that you yourself are what you blame the L&P for.

Create your own project according to the rules that you set L&P or play other games that you like, where the developers are more suited to your requirements. Refuse to use AWAM, but you do not need to impose your own approaches and criteria for evaluating the developer's work.

Just some kind of madness! How do people fail to understand that a linear approach to evaluating efficiency is absolutely inappropriate for the creative process, for creative work!

I have no desire to offend you, but comments like yours personally upset me greatly.
Hey Bane71, let's start with the last thing first: There is absolutely nothing anyone, yourself included, could ever write in this thread or anywhere else on this website that would or could offend me. If you're upset then ... ?? ... sorry? Is that what you're looking for?

It's kind of preposterous to suggest that I don't recognize there are others here with a differing opinions and drawing different conclusions, having different tastes and fetishes and fancies. My posting history on this thread is a veritable cornucopia of agrees, disagrees, firm opinions, dire predictions, unoriginal thought and fanciful conjecture.

One thing I do think is worth pointing out, and maybe you'll take note, is that you are not putting any effort into counter argument or counter point - you're just trying to dismiss me, not the ideas or opinions, but me.

And, just so I don't get flagged as off-topic: Sophia is still my mom and still smokin' hot and I don't blame anyone for wanting to get in her pants. And finally, a friendly reminder to keep that fucking twerp's greasy jizz-stained hands off my mom.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
They're entirely different stories, setting is different, there's no incest in BaDiK, one is family centered while the other is about a college age male's coming of age. It really is comparing apples with oranges which negates the comparison entirely. Add to that DPC's typical writing style is geared more towards tragedy whereas L&P is pure drama.
I hit thinking face emoji because there isn't a sort-of-agree emoji available.
In this order:
True, true, true, agree. Not really, logical fallacy. Agree.

Last edited:

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Hey Bane71, let's start with the last thing first: There is absolutely nothing anyone, yourself included, could ever write in this thread or anywhere else on this website that would or could offend me. If you're upset then ... ?? ... sorry? Is that what you're looking for?

It's kind of preposterous to suggest that I don't recognize there are others here with a differing opinions and drawing different conclusions, having different tastes and fetishes and fancies. My posting history on this thread is a veritable cornucopia of agrees, disagrees, firm opinions, dire predictions, unoriginal thought and fanciful conjecture.

One thing I do think is worth pointing out, and maybe you'll take note, is that you are not putting any effort into counter argument or counter point - you're just trying to dismiss me, not the ideas or opinions, but me.

And, just so I don't get flagged as off-topic: Sophia is still my mom and still smokin' hot and I don't blame anyone for wanting to get in her pants. And finally, a friendly reminder to keep that fucking twerp's greasy jizz-stained hands off my mom.
Hello,Talcum Powder! Hello, my friend!
Although my comment was the answer to you, I have still approached many others with similar approaches.

When you personally or someone else says directly what exactly L&P should do, that some aspect is more important and some less important, you and other users will take the trouble to indicate that this is your opinion. Because this does not look like a criticism, but is a command to execute. That's what I'm trying to explain.
Unfortunately, my poor English interferes with our mutual understanding. But I hope we will still understand each other and no one will allow themselves to dirty harassment of Sofia! Only the great and pure feeling of love that Sofia deserves!

Jun 1, 2017
Indeed, I could be wrong and indicate the wrong day!

But knowing how L&P tells us its story, I am sure he will try to surprise us and we will definitely not correctly indicate with whom Sofia will cheat on her husband for the first time!
But of course I do not exclude that someone will guess right!

For example, I wonder who you think it might be?
Oh ithink i can have a idea, because Sophia is some prudish woman what discover new temptation lately but dont have enough power or courage to take a step forward, i think need for her first time in cheating to be a character that already make a movie on here and is bold enough to break Sophia restraint, Like Neil per example, for postman i dont think, for her is to strange in actual level, and Carl is her sister Husband and only if Pat wish this can be hapen so in my opinion only viable is Neil, but dont n forget about the blackmailer that can be have a chance somewhat.And yes probably after a 10 year of development probably Sophia will Fuck all what move in entire city only if the at that time will be found just as atractive after those year.

Reactions: Bane71

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Hello,Talcum Powder! Hello, my friend!
Although my comment was the answer to you, I have still approached many others with similar approaches.

When you personally or someone else says directly what exactly L&P should do, that some aspect is more important and some less important, you and other users will take the trouble to indicate that this is your opinion. Because this does not look like a criticism, but is a command to execute. That's what I'm trying to explain.
Unfortunately, my poor English interferes with our mutual understanding. But I hope we will still understand each other and no one will allow themselves to dirty harassment of Sofia! Only the great and pure feeling of love that Sofia deserves!
Ah, ok, all is good then. And I understand what you're getting at. It is just a misunderstanding, not really due to English proficiency but maybe a lack of immersion in conversational American English which, like many languages, varies greatly by region, ethnic/cultural/religious heritage, age, and of course education and vocation.

I'm not a linguist for sure, but I think it's fair to say of American English that words like "could" and "should" are not generally used to indicate a directive, but instead to indicate opinion or suggestion. I suppose if one isn't familiar with their use in practice and just interprets them by their literal definition then a lot of what I write in these forums could easily sound fanatical and tyrannical.

Which couldn't be farther from the truth. I'm just a bored dude waiting for my mom to come home.

• Hey there
Reactions: Bane71

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Oh ithink i can have a idea, because Sophia is some prudish woman what discover new temptation lately but dont have enough power or courage to take a step forward, i think need for her first time in cheating to be a character that already make a movie on here and is bold enough to break Sophia restraint, Like Neil per example, for postman i dont think, for her is to strange in actual level, and Carl is her sister Husband and only if Pat wish this can be hapen so in my opinion only viable is Neil, but dont n forget about the blackmailer that can be have a chance somewhat.And yes probably after a 10 year of development probably Sophia will Fuck all what move in entire city only if the at that time will be found just as atractive after those year.
In addition, for each of us, different routes are a priority! And probably on different routes of the game, users will see different characters as potential lovers of Sofia.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
OK, first of all I don't want to diminish the work of others and also don't want to rate it. But you just cannot compare the amount of renders between different games in a certain time span! It's like comparing apples to oranges. Every dev has his own style and own preferences which can take up more or less time. If you say 4000 renders and 100 animations, I'd like to know how many of these 4000 renders are actually part of the animations. I heard his animations should be very good, so I'd guess he uses at least 30 frames per animation at an average. This would mean 3000 renders would flow only into the animations! And what are animations? Exaggerated, it's a hand moving 15 renders front and 15 renders back without changing any tone mapping or other adjustments in that scene. Creating one huge scene with very complex lighting, dforce simulations and many characters can take up the same amount of time like creating 10 animations! Then it also depends on how complex a render is. How many characters are involved? How much you pay attention on the adjustments of every detail? How complex is your lighting? How much time do you spend to enhance the quality afterwards? How much attention do you pay to the poses and expressions? How tolerable are you to little art mistakes? Are there any effects? How much do you work with dforce? How many different places are there? How big are they? How much do you compose the environment yourself? Etc. etc. etc. There are a lot of different things which flow in a render which can varry the time exposure extremely! Of course 4000 renders in 5 months are impressive and the dev is certainly working very hard and also has great renders! But only because a dev created 4000 renders in 5 months and I "only" around 1000, doesn't automatically mean that I work much less!
Why are you always trying to justify yourself?
Why do you always have to answer as if your job is the best of all?
Dude, I think your game is getting out of hand; you have to set yourself goals and try to reach them; you can't say: that you go from 400 to 1000 renders just because during development you thought it necessary.
If you were only paid when the update came out, you would starve.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Many people say that the game has unnecessary renders, arcs and text. On the contrary, I often do not have enough information, I would like to know Sophia's thoughts at certain moments of the game. Sometimes she is simply obliged to give her assessment of what is happening, but nothing happens, we do not see Sofia analyzing the situation, although what is happening is not standard for her.

For example, this render:
1620287143285.png

The bully and, as some argue, the thug Aiden, takes Sofia into the unknown.
But, he gave Sophia his helmet, and when driving fast, Aiden himself is in danger. If during the ride Sofia pays attention to this, it will be correct and will give Aiden some positive features, which until this moment were very few.
This fact alone gives Sofia some reason to trust Aiden. Not to mention the fact that after the first two juicy tasks for her, it is only natural for Sofia to be curious and think about what task she has to complete? Will it be erotic enough or overly vulgar? Will she be ready to fulfill it?
Not to mention the fact that we are interested in the thoughts and feelings of Sophia at the moment of completing Aiden's tasks.

So, as they say to each his own! For some it is a lot, but for some it is not enough what L&P gives us. Therefore, I can only say to him, thank you!

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
meanwhile - in, killing time until the next Update news...

I made a Dialogue Mod

At the moment it's very basic, it only covers the events of (playable) Day 19, mostly because it took a whole week just to do those 4 scenes. If enough people like it then I will try and work backwards to do more.

If you play A Wife and Mother the way it's meant to be played (by actually reading everything) then please consider giving this Mod a try.
Any comments, criticism or notes about my nonexistent modding skills please send to me over DM. We want to avoid clogging up the thread any more than it already is.
Also, I only gave this a single proof-read, so if you find any spelling errors please also let me know over DM.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
Many people say that the game has unnecessary renders, arcs and text. On the contrary, I often do not have enough information, I would like to know Sophia's thoughts at certain moments of the game. Sometimes she is simply obliged to give her assessment of what is happening, but nothing happens, we do not see Sofia analyzing the situation, although what is happening is not standard for her.

View attachment 1181074

But, he gave Sophia his helmet, and when driving fast, Aiden himself is in danger. If during the ride Sofia pays attention to this, it will be correct and will give Aiden some positive features, which until this moment were very few.
This fact alone gives Sofia some reason to trust Aiden. Not to mention the fact that after the first two juicy tasks for her, it is only natural for Sofia to be curious and think about what task she has to complete? Will it be erotic enough or overly vulgar? Will she be ready to fulfill it?
Not to mention the fact that we are interested in the thoughts and feelings of Sophia at the moment of completing Aiden's tasks.

So, as they say to each his own! For some it is a lot, but for some it is not enough what L&P gives us. Therefore, I can only say to him, thank you!
your point of view is correct, but we are playing an erotic VN, we are not doing sophia's psychoanalysis; knowing some of her thoughts is ok, but too many lines of text, dialogue, thoughts etc. become boring if not supported by other renderings (sophia's thoughts should be together with some images of her face in the helmet for example) and here we have a further lengthening of times

Jun 12, 2018

View attachment 1181074

I'm looking forward to see her thoughts on 3rd task.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
your point of view is correct, but we are playing an erotic VN, we are not doing sophia's psychoanalysis; knowing some of her thoughts is ok, but too many lines of text, dialogue, thoughts etc. become boring if not supported by other renderings (sophia's thoughts should be together with some images of her face in the helmet for example) and here we have a further lengthening of times
and I understand you. It is in achieving a reasonable balance that the skill of the creator of AWAM manifests itself.
It's probably an artist rather than a businessman who takes on more of the L&P work, and I love that. :)

Reactions: Catherine1972

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020

View attachment 1181074

I too don't have a problem with the number of renders it takes him to tell an event. If he thinks 1000 renders is necessary to tell an event then I am okay with it. The problem is him saying it's 500 and then taking it to 1000. Also If he says the updates will be bi-monthly then he should aim for that. For eg. If He aimed for 2 months of development and completion of the noon events. As long as he ticks both these boxes. I wouldn't care if he takes 500 renders to tell his story or 1500.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
I too don't have a problem with the number of renders it takes him to tell an event. If he thinks 1000 renders is necessary to tell an event then I am okay with it. The problem is him saying it's 500 and then taking it to 1000. Also If he says the updates will be bi-monthly then he should aim for that. For eg. If He aimed for 2 months of development and completion of the noon events. As long as he ticks both these boxes. I wouldn't care if he takes 500 renders to tell his story or 1500.
But that's the problem. He said it himself; he doesn't know how many renders he needs until he starts to create the scene. So if he is telling you it will be 500, you may want to take that statement with a grain of salt as that result could multiple. Basically, he contradicting himself if he's telling you that it will be 500 renders vs. I can't tell you how many renders until I start the scene.

And for the time frame of two-month development at this point, he would probably have to release not time of day events but event within that time of day itself.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
But that's the problem. He said it himself; he doesn't know how many renders he needs until he starts to create the scene. So if he is telling you it will be 500, you may want to take that statement with a grain of salt as that result could multiple. Basically, he contradicting himself if he's telling you that it will be 500 renders vs. I can't tell you how many renders until I start the scene.

And for the time frame of two-month development at this point, he would probably have to release not time of day events but event within that time of day itself.
It can be understood and there is no contradiction in this. He makes an initial guess based on the information that he has at the time of the start of rendering, the amount of text and an approximate idea of how many drawings will be needed. And then, while working, he, as an artist, realizes that more drawings are required.

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
It can be understood and there is no contradiction in this. He makes an initial guess based on the information that he has at the time of the start of rendering, the amount of text and an approximate idea of how many drawings will be needed. And then, while working, he, as an artist, realizes that more drawings are required.
If the dev planned out the events with say a storyboard,then he would have a better idea of how many renders he would need.
He had an estimate of 70 -80 renders for the prison but went over that amount by 20-30 renders and this is just poor planning on his part and those 20-30 extra renders add up to a lot of extra work.
Update 0.130 can easily be expected to come in at around 800 renders and the Aiden event will have over 250 renders of these

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes