Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019

But this update is already a loss for us.

I mean, I get it, this is just a game and let's try to be positive. But let's also be honest- this was the update that was going to keep us on schedule and prove that L&P could move quickly. Not only did that fail to materialize, we have actually gone in the wrong direction. We were supposed to have at minimum three updates this year, now we'll be lucky to have two. We were supposed to have a better idea of the future, now we have serious questions about this game's long-term viability. The list goes on.

I understand that you're just having some fun and not intent on being super serious with your statement about underselling and over-delivering. I just think it's super important that we not fall into a trap of celebrating a late-May release when I see everything about this update as a strategic defeat.
To put things in perspective, if L&P had kept to the 8 - 10 week timeframe for updates like he said he was aiming for, we wouldn't be wondering what Aiden's 3rd task would be, or what happens at the concert. We'd be playing v.150 now, and wondering what the 4th task would be.

Last edited:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
To put things in perspective, if L&P had kept to the 8 - 10 week timeframe for updates like he said he was aiming for, we wouldn't be wondering what Aiden's 3rd task would be, or what happens at the concert. We'd be playing v.150 now, and wondering what the 4th task would be.
I never really took the 8 - 10 week timeframe very seriously. In my wildest dreams I was hoping we'd get five updates this year since they were only 1/3 of a day, but I would have been happy with four.

Either way, I can't find much silver-lining in this update.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I never really took the 8 - 10 week timeframe very seriously. In my wildest dreams I was hoping we'd get five updates this year since they were only 1/3 of a day, but I would have been happy with four.

Either way, I can't find much silver-lining in this update.
Neither do I really. It's just the yardstick he used at the time. The thing I find the most disappointing is that the Dylan/Emma event was projected to take 10% of the update. At 450 total renders, that's 45 for the event. Last I heard the eventual number was 35. So he can work within a budget.

If he'd told us the update was going to be around 500 renders and take 3 months, and he managed to get it down to 10 - 11 weeks, then I'd be more hopeful that the game might not get abandoned/cancelled by playable day 16 when the fun really starts.

palyanchp

Oct 13, 2020
Translation could easily be done by now. Translation deosn't require CS, RS and PS to be completed. This is only a matter of time and resource management which, I think, L&P lacks.

Reactions: Adolfo

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
let's see how long the first 10% takes; from there we will understand when it comes out
Not too sure about that. L&P seemingly cares more about some events than others. So if he's translating the nursing home event at the moment, he'll probably spend less effort to get it "perfect" than say, the Sophia/Dylan or Aiden event.

Translation could easily be done by now. Translation deosn't require CS, RS and PS to be completed. This is only a matter of time and resource management which, I think, L&P lacks.
It's not that he lacks the skills. Just the self-discipline to stick to a plan, and not get distracted just because an idea occurs to him that ends up bloating the update to multiple times expected.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Much like this game, she is a potato.
Could you elaborate? I mean, Ellie is by far my favourite character, in any game, ever. The second being Patricia. The women in this game are incredibly well written, and it's obvious that effort has been made to make them engageable. It's the reason I still hang around here.

It's obvious that L&P isn't a potato. He works hard, I don't know of anyone offhand that disputes that, I (and I think some others do too, but I'll wait for them to agree/disagree), just think that some of his efforts are misdirected.

Last edited:

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
So, it's 3000 pages.

What a long journey. 3000 pages of laments, complaints, claims. But also some jokes in between. A lot of trolls too. Even some unhinged people, like te one who created several accounts to insult Old Dog and some others, giving them several facepalms in all their posts, until the point of that Old Dog changed his username. What memories.

Also, 3000 pages of people arguing with posts of 10 paragraphs each. Even sometimes about topics like aircrafts, grammar, politics, royal inbreeding, the lack of translators and 3D devs in Germany...

3000 pages of limbo, a thread where the time remains suspended, but everything else in real life advanced at normal pace. A time where some fans jumped to the dark side, now they are haters of the dev. And we see new innocent fans coming from time to time saying how great is the game, that they just discover it. And they are right, this game is great, despite everything, that's why we remain here.

But, it has been an entertaining thread too, all an experience outside the novel. Some have been able to build virtual friendships with some others. Some have become even devs. And many others are keeping the fan art thread very alive and moving.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain"

But they will be written here, in the AWAM's thread.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes