Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
wait, there was an actual post here by L&P saying he wouldnt post more previews?
what was the reason?
What, you do not know it? L&P had an epic rant today, about the leaked teaser pic (which was not leaked, only a pixelated one) and the bad people on the internet harassing little old him. You were among those singled out specifically, "Viper donkey", he called you.

Last edited by a moderator:

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
What, you do not know it? L&P had an epic rant today, about the leaked teaser pic (which was not leaked, only a pixelated one) and the bad people on the internet harassing little old him. You were among those singled out specifically, "Viper donkey", he called you.
Considering that L&P got 30 Euro for a teaser that is a false flag operation and has a sizeable intake of money each month from his patrons, it was extremly "classy" behaviour from him. His post mainly outed the bruised ego of a narcisstic cockalorum!
That in the last months criticism from even longtime supporters is on the rise, is no surprise. Abyssal development pace, broken promises, complete advice resistance, obvious protraction of the updates and overpriced teasers.
L&P does not even recognise how lucky he is that he gets only so little criticism! In other threads the punk would be going on, if the same happened there!
I know we're all frustrated, and L&P didn't help matters today, but let's try to bring the temperature down a little. Posts like this are cathartic but long-term they make a thread toxic. This isn't to call you out specially, many of us should cool down.

For my part I'm going to try and lay off the criticism. Not that I won't express my thoughts, but I don't want to contribute to any creator having a reaction like L&P did. In the end this is a game that I enjoy, and taking its development too seriously is the wrong approach. I wish L&P would listen to us, but it isn't worth it to me to have him lose his cool.

BUCCO

Feb 20, 2020
I'd argue the opposite: it has the ingredients that some of us like, like pineapple, just a lot of it, in a pizza far bigger than we were told we'd be getting, and might not have been put in the oven.
it sees something strange going on in a pizza restaurant ;-)

Cold brew

Jul 20, 2020
The thing is, L&P has a point on the finished product/update, but on a fracking teaser he cannot be more wrong. Teasers are by definition advertisment, to be spread as widely as possible to generate interest. What L&P wants is akin to showing a teaser for a new Star Wars movie in just a dozen cinemas worldwide, which is I let you insert the right word.

But what I find much more disturbing is L&P´s reaction, because a) as to this moment the Teaser has NOT been leaked here and b) going by the first leaked "hot and story revealing" teaser (and the reaction of the people how have seen this second one), it is the opposite of hot, completely harmless to the point of making Spongebob look like softcore and story revealing, what kind of reveal?
Sophia and Dylan coming home arm in arm, something that happens hundreds of times each day somewhere in the world totally harmless between Moms and Sons, Dads and Daughters and maybe Ellie leaving the house. Oh the Horror, Ellie is going shopping, meeting her friends or getting an icecream, the secret ending of AWAM revealed! :rolleyes:
Considering that L&P praised the teaser as something totally hot and revealing several crucial storylines and charged 30€ for it, well, I let you decide what to think of it. Nobody but the most hidebound and needy person will find both the first and second "hot" teaser hot and they reveal nearly nothing about the coming storylines beyond the obvious.

And for a single teaser pic, which has not been leaked and does not live up to it´s promises in the slightest(!), there comes a foam around the mouth reaction from L&P.? If this is his normal reaction to a pic that will be forgotten in a couple weeks, he has far worse and different problems than being extremly late with the update.
Considering that L&P got 30 Euro for a teaser that is a false flag operation and has a sizeable intake of money each month from his patrons, it was extremly "classy" behaviour from him. His post mainly outed the bruised ego of a narcisstic cockalorum!
That in the last months criticism from even longtime supporters is on the rise, is no surprise. Abyssal development pace, broken promises, complete advice resistance, obvious protraction of the updates and overpriced teasers.
L&P does not even recognise how lucky he is that he gets only so little criticism! In other threads the punk would be going on, if the same happened there!
Sadly predictable. Making his own hell. Setting himself up badly and doesn't see it.
I worry that the opportunity to find the perspectives needed will be lost in efforts of building barricades behind the doors of his castle. I so dearly wish to be wrong about this. This would be the death of sanity. Most everyone here wants a positive outcome.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
I hear you. But we're nearly four years since the initial release, shouldn't L&P know by now what to expect here? Why come here to argue? So yeah, the fact that L&P chose to respond like that, even if he apparently took down the post, is worrisome.
I'm pretty sure I'm on his ignore list but I'll still make the recommendation:
Lust&Passion could really take a page from Naughty Road and how he interacts with the F95 community. I'm not going to @ NR on this thread, obviously, but his game is here. That game has four, five, six months between updates, and the next one is looking like possibly seven months, but no one complains and no one gripes and no one tries to tell him how to speed things up or what to cut. It's so much more positive and supportive.

And even when people do complain or gripe or whatever, he comes off as totally relaxed, he has fun with it and never really goes on the attack or defense. It reads like a shrug and, "Yeah, well, I'm doing what I can do when I can do it and that's all I can do.;):)(y)"

I am not making any qualitative or quantitative comparisons between the games, I'm only talking about how the devs communicate with this community.
Totally agree, how other devs communicate so much better onF95, even too trolls that rip them a new one. They basically say there sorry you don’t like this update but stick around and give me another chance to impress you in the next update, my favorite dev newbie Zorlun (who I do support) welcomes constructive criticism and says it’s what makes him a better developer, and he keeps putting out monthly updates!

Reactions: Talcum Powder

sfoMMA85

May 23, 2019
uh oh... if not before, now this really starts to go into the wrong direction...

man.. besides of the little shitty shit talk thats goes on in every forum, L&P even has half his community giving him the best advices he could get. But L&P just behaves like a little child and doesnt adopt at all... man I really feel sorry. Its like really friendly people tell you really cautios and friendly what you do wrong and give you all the time to change it - what a dream world - but L&P decided to just ignore all of it and to not learn from his mistakes and the great advices given here. Really - I can only shake my head and facepalm myself until my forehead is red. Just sad, as L&P surely is talented but talent alone wont make it. Well lets see what happens ...

Cold brew

Jul 20, 2020
I won't object to you that there are many messages that don't spare him.

IMO the exogenous causes are certainly the tearing between those who sing his praises, and those who constantly criticize him. Indeed I would not like to be in his place on this point.

But don't let believe that the causes are only external.

The endogenous cause is a communication problem among others. I will not go back on it...

If what you are saying is true ( and I don't doubt it ). So he just has to say calmly : 'listen guys I need some time to get it right, expect # renderings for the version, i will take x months and the expected release's date is xx/xx/xxxx.'
And everyone can position themselves on these statements : patreons, non-patreons

If it comes out before, so much the better everyone is happy, if he thinks it will be (a little) later, he sends a message and explains why... and all is fine...

I do not neglect the price of success either I know creators who communicate nothing about future content, release dates, and do not even answer some question, etc ... and who do not attract a hundredth of the criticism that can be read here... why ? 'cause these are small projects, not yet well known. There is nothing L&P can do about it, his project is well-known, he will inevitably attract all kinds of people.

You can't stop the tide with your hands.

Honestly, I would very much like him to be more active with us, not to take things too seriously, and have a little fun here. Just a little, because he has a project to advance and his patreons have priority.

Today (or yesterday for some) he arrives here, furious/mad when he knew there was a 99% chance of even a partial leak.
That's the only thing we're going to remember from him. Too bad.

I prefer to talk about the game, make crazy theories with a quirky spirit.

If he takes a vacation after the release then I wish him a good vacation in advance, that he takes the opportunity to clear his mind and come back serene.

PS
Concerning Icstor, he will release a new game in August.
Concernant Milfy City :
View attachment 1216608
You make some nice observations. I agree.
Honesty is the best policy. That path is not so hard as what some fear. It requires work and self reflection. Makes you resilient and free.
The alternative path is self inflicted torture leading to a hellish existence. The cost of the decisions made there outweigh any benefits that were wished to be gained.

Cold brew

Jul 20, 2020
I have posted in the past of my concerns of the real Dylan interfering...
I had a terrifying random thought today. I sure hope L&P's real name isn't Dylan. That would really be a fucked up coincidence...:eek:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: xxxorro
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes