XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
If AWAM takes decades to build, it will fail. I guess L&P has 6-7 years, unfortunately, I guess that a longer period of time will kill his project.
Digital technologies are evolving very quickly L&P may not be able to keep up with them.
Technical progress is one point, but perhaps even more important is self-motivation. Especially creative people want to try new things and improve themselves. I guess, there will come a time when AWAM is no longer compelling enough for L&P.

That's why I'm so surprised at how little outcry there is for realistic project planning. The most likely scenario is that this project will continue for another 2-5 years and then simply be suspended indefinitely. Until then, this game will consist of little more than a laboriously assembled backstory. The result will be a game about Sophia having sex with her husband, with a lot of potential for more, that will never be realized.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Technical progress is one point, but perhaps even more important is self-motivation. Especially creative people want to try new things and improve themselves. I guess, there will come a time when AWAM is no longer compelling enough for L&P.

That's why I'm so surprised at how little outcry there is for realistic project planning. The most likely scenario is that this project will continue for another 2-5 years and then simply be suspended indefinitely. Until then, this game will consist of little more than a laboriously assembled backstory. The result will be a game about Sophia having sex with her husband, with a lot of potential for more, that will never be realized.
You may have hit the nail on the head. Sadly, I've thought this for some time but as Doris Day said, "What will be, will be."

Reactions: XaGnard

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I'll have a closer look at Project Myriam. See what it is like. Thanks.

I thought the female MC in "The Office" was a bitt too overdeveloped for my tastes. Felt a bit too much of a slutty bimbo to keep the young kids interested rather than an attempt at more realistic portrayal of a female MC. If you enjoy it, then fair enough, but to my personal tastes.
When I saw "The Office" it suddenly reaffirmed my view on the 'voluptuous.' Project Myriam, I was playing & really enjoying until a few days ago but I've now deleted it, without comment, owing to my particular views on certain kinks. Pity, because someone once described it as being like AWAM but with action & the Dev acknowledged A Wife & Mother as one of its' inspirations.

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
Still, what is this: Rendered camera path?
View attachment 1219108
And for Portrait they use 3 diff angles:
View attachment 1219115
It depends on what you want to do and how specific is your task.
For 3D face reconstruction, e.g., you can do it from single image if you train your network on faces

and the same holds for whatever specific kind of objects you want to reconstruct (human shape rather than a car etc..)
Nerfs instead can take those 3 pictures of the guy and generate any novel view from a different viewpoint (obviously, with some limitations, it's not that you can show the back of head of the guy ;) )

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
It depends on what you want to do and how specific is your task.
For 3D face reconstruction, e.g., you can do it from single image if you train your network on faces

and the same holds for whatever specific kind of objects you want to reconstruct (human shape rather than a car etc..)
Nerfs instead can take those 3 pictures of the guy and generate any novel view from a different viewpoint (obviously, with some limitations, it's not that you can show the back of head of the guy ;) )
I used this one:

I started from this one:
So.png
First result is a 3D obj, imported in Blender and render. Need UV for final render
NeuralSophia.png
Better this: :unsure:
SophiaA.png

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
If AWAM takes decades to build, it will fail. I guess L&P has 6-7 years, unfortunately, I guess that a longer period of time will kill his project.
Digital technologies are evolving very quickly L&P may not be able to keep up with them.
New tech stuff and artstyles are one thing, but not all will gain momentum and more important, if you are good at what you do, "oldstyle" will still have impact. For instance, "Girls und Panzer" character artstyle is dated in the eyes of many, but it was and is a hit series. And no matter that the style is "dated" it looks good!

As for your prediction how long L&P has to complete AWAM, I agree with you and it is the reason I have become so critical of him. One example, I am a newbie at DAZ. I have a couple of bought things and freebies, use mainly light presets to kitbash RPG character portraits together and while I want to get better with the program, at the moment it is ok for me. I just have internal graphics, but a good CPU and even then a HD pic, where I do not go overboard with Background clutter or too many persons in it, takes just about 11-12 minutes!
L&P has an average render output of under 6 pics/day and falling! He has years of DAZ experience on me, a frakload of DAZ stuff and presets and a PC far better suited for rendering than mine. Even accounting for the often more complicated, so a bit slower, rendering of the scenes this is an extremly low number in comparison with the starting point. The less complex renders of e.g. one person somewhere, he should be able to batch at least 3 per hour, not 4-5 in a day!
I heard more than once from supporters who know L&P that works his ass off for AWAM, so something is not right here. Either he is lying about what he does or he has one of the worst workflow organisation skill I ever came across.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
New tech stuff and artstyles are one thing, but not all will gain momentum and more important, if you are good at what you do, "oldstyle" will still have impact. For instance, "Girls und Panzer" character artstyle is dated in the eyes of many, but it was and is a hit series. And no matter that the style is "dated" it looks good!

As for your prediction how long L&P has to complete AWAM, I agree with you and it is the reason I have become so critical of him. One example, I am a newbie at DAZ. I have a couple of bought things and freebies, use mainly light presets to kitbash RPG character portraits together and while I want to get better with the program, at the moment it is ok for me. I just have internal graphics, but a good CPU and even then a HD pic, where I do not go overboard with Background clutter or too many persons in it, takes just about 11-12 minutes!
L&P has an average render output of under 6 pics/day and falling! He has years of DAZ experience on me, a frakload of DAZ stuff and presets and a PC far better suited for rendering than mine. Even accounting for the often more complicated, so a bit slower, rendering of the scenes this is an extremly low number in comparison with the starting point. The less complex renders of e.g. one person somewhere, he should be able to batch at least 3 per hour, not 4-5 in a day!
I heard more than once from supporters who know L&P that works his ass off for AWAM, so something is not right here. Either he is lying about what he does or he has one of the worst workflow organisation skill I ever came across.
There are many questions to which we have no answers. But I still trust the L&P, I don't think he is lying to us.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Way, way back, I queried the point of being in the Mafia's good books but continuing to have blackmailers in your life. As soon as the Morello brothers were introduced, the writing was on the wall, or at least the blackboard. Bennett is already fucked, in the sense of having his storyline curtailed, even before the time of the Don. Yet IMO the 'date' in the posh restaurant was one of the most memorable & erotic events of the story so far. There were two adults interacting & it was obvious that the story was being written by a grown-up, for other grown-ups, which to me, at least, is what erotica is supposed to be about.

I put forward the idea, (amongst others), that Bennett might go sightseeing at the famous San Alejo gorge, for old times sake, & then manage to find a job in a place several hundred miles away. Meanwhile it transpired that Aiden was now 'student of the year' such was his dedication to academic life. These suggestions were put forward because I thought they were somewhat realistic in the light of story developments. My true feeling is that the blackmail could have been amazing & I wish that Bennett had had a better hold over Sophia & ditto for Aiden.

If Bennett had been given greater parameters in which to act, it's possible that there would have been no need to introduce two furher blackmail-style storylines. [Whatever anyone says, Don Morello is exercising a form of blackmail]. As things stand, I simply lowered my expectations, (again) & decided to carry on. That way lies happiness????
Agreed.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Many games are based on blackmail. I'm currently watching the TV series 'Colombo' and noticed that the blackmailer NEVER gets what he wants. And always DIES !
:KEK::HideThePain:
That is because Columbo is the king of the set up. Just takes a little time (approximately 40 minutes) to get the info and kablam, he is toasted.

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
boys/girls only 1 more month to go and we get our first and only update this year, im so fkn hyped! this will be the best 10 minutes gameplay i´ve this year!
kevin19997, I guess you're wrong twice! Firstly, the update will be released in 15 days, and secondly, this year there will definitely be 2 updates, and possibly 3. L&P always makes a gift for the New Year.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
kevin19997, I guess you're wrong twice! Firstly, the update will be released in 15 days, and secondly, this year there will definitely be 2 updates, and possibly 3. L&P always makes a gift for the New Year.
Would be great if that happens, Bane, I really mean this! But there is a German saying which would translate roughly as "Don´t praise the day before the evening", meaning in this case only when the update(s) finally are released we can be sure it will happen. L&P belittled bayrischman quite badly when he predicted months ago that L&P would delay even the delay, so to speak. And now, it happened exactly like bayrischman said, several delays of the update and no release before June.
(Achtung, Sarcasm) We should hope that L&P has no house pets, else they might eat the script or the USB-Stick the translated script is on.

3.20 star(s) 462 Votes