GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Ok, I've played the update and had time to reflect.

In my opinion, this update is fantastic, but also fatally flawed.

The Fantastic

• The artwork is incredible. We've all known that L&P is an artist, but he's taken it up a notch. This update is brimming with beautiful images (and even an animation!) that show his love of his craft. I can't believe that I've seen people here criticizing the art, shame on you. Take your frustration out elsewhere, his art is above reproach.
  • Clearly this is a passion project. Besides just the art work, the research that went into scenes like the art modeling scene was incredible. I actually looked up a few of the phrases and topics that were discussed and it all seemed to jive. I just didn't believe that someone would put that kind of effort into the dialog; but he did and it really, REALLY, impressed me.
  • STORY PROGRESS at the Micro Level! For all of you Dylan lovers, this update should make you fucking thrilled! For all of my bitching about the 1st side job, SOMETHING FINALLY HAPPENED. Aiden's story definitely got cranked up a notch as well. We even got a little development with Liam and Cathy, something I didn't expect.
  • New gameplay. I almost jumped out of my seat during Dylan's fight because I was caught so unprepared. This game desperately needed some sort of gameplay mechanic, and I was so happy to see it implemented.
  • A meaty updated. This update, for me, felt pretty long. After five months, this was important.
The Fatally Flawed

• The events of the 2nd side job cannot be ignored. It's disgusting. If that's the direction that L&P wants to take the game, I'm out. Fiction or not, this is not the kind of material that a creator should be dabbling in.
  • Forget the Law of Diminishing Returns, we're crossing over into the world of Negative Returns. Yes, while I loved and respect the effort that was put into the dialog for the art modeling scene, it wasn't worth the time. The whole time I felt conflicted because on one hand I felt the scene was a masterstroke of effort, but it was also a drag and not what I would classify as fun. More than once, I found myself saying "holy shit, we're still going." That's when I started researching the dialog. But that isn't the kind of reaction you want players to have. Whether it was the nursing home job, the modeling job, the wedding dress scene, or even the run with Dylan...everything...felt...so...slow...and...ponderous. Click...click...click...click...click...click...So while this update felt long, it felt long because it felt like I needed to click a dozen times for anything to happen. He's pouring so much effort into this game, you can feel it, but the game slowed to a crawl more than once and that feels like a dagger to me.
  • Little story progression at the MACRO Level. While we saw great advancement at the micro level with some of the stories, the overall progress of the game continues to barely move. Five months of development and we got 1/3 of a day. There's no other way to say it, this isn't sustainable.
  • Very stiff translation and localization. Normally I would let this slide, but after taking so long to translate 42 pages I felt like I noticed numerous typos and awkward localization/translations. The biggest problem is that too often characters speak very stiffly. When a game is this dialog heavy, requiring so many clicks to advance the scene, the dialog has to be engaging, and this didn't feel engaging.
  • Dear lord, he needs help organizing and planning. After I finished playing I thought to myself, "This update was never going to be small, it couldn't be small. What was he talking about?" Knowing what we know now, when L&P began structuring this update it should have been apparent IMMEDIATELY that he had a lot of work in front of him. While I have no doubt that we here could cut this update down to 500 renders easily, that isn't how L&P works. He grouped together some tasks that needed to be fleshed out, and that really spiraled out of control. We FINALLY got some development on Side Job 1, at the same time we got development on Side Job 2, at the same time we got a HUGE development with Aiden, etc. This was a lot to pack in to one update. I don't think L&P has a good handle on the structure of his own story because, holy shit, how did he ever think he'd need only 500 renders?

I'm actually going to tag you Lust&Passion because you probably think everyone here is only capable of saying "Saves plz!" and "Milker" and "DOES MOM HAVE SEX YET?". I honestly think this was an incredible update but it's also in no way sustainable. You're a great artist, you should be very proud of what you've created, and I feel like the progress on the micro level is gaining momentum. But at the macro level the story's progress is hard to see when updates take 5 months. This is a terrible trade you're making because it's eventually going to undermine all of your hard work.

Bishop Robert

Feb 14, 2018
Aren't the home schooling kids a bit younger than Dylan? High school age was thrown around, so they are 15 to 18, I'd guess 15 or 16 given they are around the same height as Dylan (I know you can be older but shorter but adult game dev being adult game dev that doesn't matter), how old is Dylan? I'd imagine they are a year younger.

loli13

Sep 22, 2019
Somehow I can't make enough Dylan-points for the run :unsure:

Kind of stuck around 40somehting.

Could someone help me out with a Dylran-run save? :geek:

PietruccioTheHilander

Forum Fanatic
Jul 17, 2019
on the slow progress of history I really disagree
if we have to consider the advancement by single event it could also be, but we must also consider that we have gone from the doubt of Sophia to showing her tits in the sauna to taking two cocks in hand in no time.
Corruption advances, events in general little

Reactions: xxxorro

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Somehow I can't make enough Dylan-points for the run :unsure:

Kind of stuck around 40somehting.

Could someone help me out with a Dylran-run save? :geek:
Because you need to cheat. 42 is around the maximum possible, but 54 is the requirement. Access the phone, and you can add points there.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
Where are all those moral busybodies coming from?
1. This is an event you can easily avoid.
2. You might not have noticed but nothing here is real. It's fiction where no one gets hurt.
3. There's literally a game on here where the female MC gets brutally raped and then murdered by over sized slugs and other monsters and people bitch about some shota content?
Now seriously, if you can't see why this kind of content is completely off base, I can't help you.

Anyway, Even if we ignore the moral issues for a moment, I can still ask why the 2nd side job is in the game at all. After all this talk about a realistic story from L&P, why the hell he is now turning the corner with this nonsense? There is no connection to the rest of the story. All of this comes absolutely out of nowhere and wastes valuable development time. Especially when you compare it with Dylan's progress in his story line, it becomes ridiculous. How the hell is it possible that there are not enough points for Dylan and Sophia to go jogging together while in this story line she is practically begging to be put in jail.

gkdanuka

Jul 31, 2019
I always thought Stopper art renders are superior to L&P. But after this update I think L&P passed stopper art's render quality. As of now AWAM got the best renders you can find in an adult VN. Each and every render is a mesmerizing work of art, truly speechless :love:

Lerox

Jun 13, 2018
Does this blackmail story with Aiden is heading towards love between Aiden and Sophia in the end? Dialog beetwen two of them in the last update and the scenario of this last third blackmail task would suggest such a possibility. It'll turn out in the end, that Sophia will eagerly waiting for the next meeting with Aiden and for the next task from him, ready and impatient for sex with Aiden. If so I would be very disappointed.

I think, that this whole Aiden blackmail story branch should have some kind of violence in, with Sophia being with fear, humiliation, maybe even some forms of aggresive behavior toward her, like spanking, force exposing, bending over the table, aso.
I don't want another love story in this game. We have planty of them so far, between Sophia and Sam, Sophia and Dylan, Sophia and Don Morello brother, enough. Don't be given me another one, give me something different, something really hard, with humiliation, spanking, forced lewd behavior.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: xxxorro

fernandopoo

May 22, 2017
Ok, update played. And I have enjoyed it. Tough still there is no sex, there is now the real promise. And the scenes with the girls (even if I am not totally into this thing) and even the mental step forward with Dylan (what I look forward to) are hot and nice. So good work, L&P. If you give me faster updates you will become my favorite, : ) (I have not said my little hero, hahaha)

Reactions: ann87ra

Echbert

Jun 21, 2018
  • The events of the 2nd side job cannot be ignored. It's disgusting. If that's the direction that L&P wants to take the game, I'm out. Fiction or not, this is not the kind of material that a creator should be dabbling in.
just came to check the status, now i gotta know, what was the second job?

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
I have finished playing v0.130 and went through things carefully, critically, and analytically. Here comes a long post... Then I'm probably gonna roll out until around next update because the party is over for now.

Here is my analysis of the update of the game as a whole where it stands, and how it could be improved to get better feedback in the future.

Bugs:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
New Features:

New Characters:

Existing Characters:

My take on the scenes in this update:

My Advice for L&P moving forward in the best way possible from here:

Ghost420

Apr 25, 2021
I just hate this dev.....icstor is far better than this dev... though he abonded his game but at least we can see those icest sex scenes... icstor followers are satisfied...
This fu*king dev can't even complete a game in 4 years...
And you guys are also dumbass for playing his game

Lerox

Jun 13, 2018
Yes, while I loved and respect the effort that was put into the dialog for the art modeling scene, it wasn't worth the time. The whole time I felt conflicted because on one hand I felt the scene was a masterstroke of effort, but it was also a drag and not what I would classify as fun. More than once, I found myself saying "holy shit, we're still going." That's when I started researching the dialog. But that isn't the kind of reaction you want players to have.

I fully agree with that opinion. Art modelling scene is materpiece from graphic perspective, but I feel that this whole scene is somehow odd, too sophisticated, with diminishing fun at the end of scene. I would expect something simpler with maybe less dialog would be more exciting.

Reactions: GingerSweetGirl
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes