ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Actually not :

for both things you need to record models but the game like Twist wasting billion times more cause you are set in 3D world , and movable in game camera likewise models taking more times to render objects around itself or around that3D model = more times needed to create a scene than sand crap static background with imported DAZ model none movable only frame by frame cartoon way of movement .

More and more games with 3D open world are 100+ gb do you ever question why ??

If static wallpaper background is difficult more than 3D surroundings , why UBISOFT not quit their open world games and just do SAND SHIT JPG BACKGROUND WITH NO MOVING CHARACTERS OR 3D MODELS LOL :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
I think you don't know what real time rendering means.

This is an example of real time rendering. It's from a more advanced software than Unity, called Unreal, and its new MetaHumans function, but still works for the example:

That's a 45 seconds animation. How much time took to that guy make that animation? 45 seconds. The software renders in real time, it does it automatically.

Now do the same animation in Daz, how much time it will take? Many, many hours. Because you need to work manually one frame at the time: you move an eyebrow a bit manually and then export that render, do the same thing again and again (moving the other face parts too), until you have 1350 renders (45 second x 30 renders, each second requires 30 renders).

Unreal MetaHumans is the future without a doubt. It will simplify the work time enormously, but it seems that right now has certain limitations. In the meantime, one dev here said that is working in a project with that tool https://f95zone.to/threads/future-project-with-metahumans.85789/

Jul 1, 2021
I don't understand if Sam didn't participate in the event where Sofia shows off the swimsuits that Dylan bought for the fashion package .. then how can this person remember this scene?!

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
ashitanojoe explained it so clearly but no you are just adamant on what you are saying, not ready accept that you have made a fool out of yourself.
Also as I said can that Dev make a render on par with L&P if it is so so so so easy to make a static wallpaper. Just get him to tell you if he can make it or not and if can then for someone as greatly talented as him it would be a 2 minute work. If you can do that I will keep quiet and accept your point.

roro

May 29, 2017
Please read what The Architect had to say about that topic (in which you know nothing about, and just throwing numbers as if they prove your theory)
"
I always been curious about working with a real time 3D system and this tech demo is the result of a couple o weeks messing with the third dimension Unity offers. Main main goal was to make a proof of concept of a very basic character clothing system and learning a bit about Unity's real time illumination system. I don't plan to use player controlled character movement in a 3D game yet (it's a huge pain to make it right), but to build scenes with characters than can be much more dynamic than those in a 2D game.
But... Is real time 3D really better than 2D ? Of course, there are pros and cons.

The Good
It's MUCH easier to implements concepts of character/environment customization in a realtime 3D game, and it's my main interest on trying it. On a 2D game, each combination of customization/pose/animation needs to be pre-rendered or combined in some paper doll system that most of the time and have a lot of limits in terms if animation.

Setting up characters and simple environments in a 3D game takes a more of work on the beginning, but once the foundation is done it's a lot easier to expand animation, illumination and camera angles without having to render countless images again and again (and waiting a lot for these renders). Animations can be combined in real time and produce some nice results.

The Bad
One more dimension adds a plethora of possible new problems. It demands better system specs, it can generate more different results in different hardware / drivers, it asks for a lot of work in optimization of models, textures and low level stuff I not much into, like real time shaders. Stuff like hair and "fluids" are also very hard to make right in real time 3D.

The Ugly, I mean... the Art
Which one looks better? Well... This is a mostly based on personal opinion. 3D can have great visuals (if you have a big team on a studio), but making a 2D scene "beautiful" is much easier in a one man army. It's hard to tell if I could make something not much visually below the previous games. Also, there are "license complications" when using some third party assets in a real time 3D system.
"

Last edited:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
There's an interesting case that proves my point about L&P not being that slow as the people think and not milking his patrons: Lewdlab.

Lewdlab did Dreams of Desire, a very popular game with great renders for the time, and it was a fast paced one: the sex scenes happened soon. There were no complaints about slow development, he received a lot of praise and 4700 patrons in return. After that, he released Midnight Paradise, the opposite, a game with great renders but a slow burn as AWAM. What happened? The same as here. If you go to Midnight Paradise's thread, there's a lot of hate towards him, a lot of 1 rating reviews, despite of the big effort and great renders. The same complaints and insults that L&P gets here are there: "this dev is a jerk", "blue balling fest", "Still no sex scenes? What a joke". (All of that before of the recents events of a remastered version)

We are talking about a dev that was loved when his game was fast paced and now hated when he launched a slow burn one. He still is the same dev, the same one that delivered content in a correct time. From 4700 patrons, he dropped to 3300. It's not the dev and development time what people hate the most, it's the slow burn, they can't stand it.

I repeat it again, this type of high quality slow burn games should be done by a team, specially an ambitious as this one, not by a single person.

AWAM is more popular than Dreams of Desire (at least here), a 4700 patrons game, yet it's below 2000. If this one were a fast paced one, L&P would have gotten more patrons without a doubt, above 3000 for sure. How is that milking?
I disagree on the conclusion it is the 'slow burn' that causes issues. If the game was slow burn but, updated at a regular and 'reasonable' pace the burn would go away. The results would drive the pain away and the naysayers would be a noticeable minority. It is, ultimately, the slow burn multiplied by a snails pace development that is causing the exponential growth of angst. The Perfect Storm was 3 different weather events coming together. Well, here we have two so what could be the third uhm... . I don't wanna burn brain cells on the possibilities.

Of recent concern to me is the weakening of narrative and logic of the characters. That is ultimately the heart of a story. I do not see a good path forward if this 1/3rd day update continues.

Scarlet56

Oct 13, 2019
Do you know that we can stay logged in all day on the site without actually being there, but at work or whatever? reassure me :rolleyes:
On that, your words are not worth much.
I have never defended L&P, you should re-read some of my posts.
However, that does not prevent me from finding his quality work.
I am not speaking here of comparison but of preference.
If I want to play the game all in 3D whatever you want, there is other support for that.

If I follow your reasoning correctly, you base it on the total number of posts to allow you to say if the person has no life.
Do you really think it values you?
And even more, bluntly stating that I don't work lol. Are you serious ?
Based on what you say, what is it that shows me that you only come here in your spare time?
you and me have no proof of our lives. Don't you think ?

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Was to be expected. The bubble has burst. But he will still keep regular customers between 1400 and 1600. With the next update, it will break the 2000 mark again
Ok, I had thought that his count was lower than this but maybe I am wrong.
It is still a rather a large drop but as you have said the "Bubble could of burst"

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes