hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
If you notice, after four years and over 300 reviews AWAM is pulling a modest 3.5 star rating despite having a good story and usually good writing, exceptionally alluring women, an MC to die for, a daughter worth two trips to hell and back in prime position to get some serious nookie, and among the best art available in the genre.

I think it’s fair to say that the ratings and reviews and chat in this forum are pretty well balanced and on the whole make a strong case for crowd sourcing.
Is the chat in this forum balanced? I agree with you, at the moment (!) The conversation is balanced. But there are times when this forum overflows with hatred, malice, inappropriate demands, know-it-all and calls for boycotts. And that for pages and days. And then one wonders why the developer is boycotting the forum for his part. "None of that has anything to do with our behavior here." We only make "justified" demands and have good arguments for it. Even good arguments don't get any better if they are always produced. And those times will come again!
Now it is interesting to see that the latest teaser from L&P has not yet arrived in this forum. Even one of his most relentless reviewers ViperDonkey seems to have seen the picture and didn't make it immediately available to everyone here. It seems that L&P has the longer lever and has won the power struggle. It is possible that the biggest haters here have managed to get L&P to sit even more firmly in the saddle and, if he notices this, will take even more time. (Personally, I don't think L&P will behave like that.)

Last edited:

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I'm all in favor of the blackmail by Aiden and Bennett, but I think it's horseshit if the MC enjoys it, no woman is going to enjoy it though blackmail
You would be surprised...

Anyway I don't want her to enjoy the blackmail per se, but to enjoy the tasks like she enjoyed the last one, being a semi-nude model.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
If you notice, after four years and over 300 reviews AWAM is pulling a modest 3.5 star rating despite having a good story and usually good writing, exceptionally alluring women, an MC to die for, a daughter worth two trips to hell and back in prime position to get some serious nookie, and among the best art available in the genre.

I think it’s fair to say that the ratings and reviews and chat in this forum are pretty well balanced and on the whole make a strong case for crowd sourcing.
The content we already have indeed is some of the best this entire genre has to offer. I'm not a big fan of VN's where the MC is getting into orgies within the first 10 minutes of playing the game either, so I do enjoy the slow build-up (much less the slow updates though). That being said, the weak point here is obviously the way L&P is developing his project and treating his "customers".

I think a 3-star rating is fair in that regard, even though I could see it dropping down to ~2.5 stars if it wasn't for the fact that alot of low rated reviews are getting removed, mine included. Which is kinda weird, considering that everything I had to say about the game had already been said by other reviewers and they are still there. Guess my rating wasn't high enough for some individuals taste. :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: Toushiro

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I may be wrong but even though I can't stand the wait for updates, (as with 95%, or more, of the folks here), I grudgingly admire the way he conducts his business. There's such a buzz created that we're still talking about his story in the otherwise empty limbo.
I think grudgingly admire is just about right. That isn't to say there isn't plenty of room for critique of the work and criticism of his process, but yeah, overall, agree.

Reactions: ancienregimele

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
She's got a great husky woman's voice and does a lot of covers for hard rock and metal - Welcome to the Jungle is one of my favorites. She also collaborates with Halocene - another great female lead for cover bands.
Dude, check out Lzzy Hale from Halestorm, one of the best female voices in rock/metal. I’ve actually met her backstage at a small gig in Allentown PA before they got big, really cool band

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
(I know these piece-by-piece responses are a bit tedious but you make some good points/raise some good questions that I want to respond to individually)
Is the chat in this forum balanced? I agree with you, at the moment (!) The conversation is balanced. But there are times when this forum overflows with hatred, malice, inappropriate demands, know-it-all and calls for boycotts. And that for pages and days.
As someone who's played the know-it-all on occasion I do read the thread daily and have for nearly two years now. My opinion is that overall it's on point - not on an individual post basis, but if you put everything in the hopper and ground it up with milk and eggs you'd have a palatable but not necessarily delicious batter. Of course there are extremes and one can wonder why on the one hand folks are so nasty and negative towards the developer, his "Patreons" (as if that was a completely homogeneous group) and towards individuals here, and on the other hand folks express a cult-like rapture for the developer.
And then one wonders why the developer is boycotting the forum for his part.
Some may wonder about this but for me this is not at all surprising. An honest and dispassionate assessment of what he posts here and on Patreon (I'm not a supporter so I only see a very small sample) and what we actually see in the releases and the enormous number of days between them would allow one to draw at least a rough sketch of his personality. I'll just leave it there.
"None of that has anything to do with our behavior here." We only make "justified" demands and have good arguments for it. Even good arguments don't get any better if they are always produced. And those times will come again!
If your personality sketch of L&P is at all similar to mine you'd understand the following: "Grow up and grow a pair you hubristic prick."
Now it is interesting to see that the latest teaser from L&P has not yet arrived in this forum. Even one of his most relentless reviewers ViperDonkey onkey [only?] seems to have seen the picture and didn't make it immediately available to everyone here. It seems that L&P has the longer lever and has won the power struggle. It is possible that the biggest haters here have managed to get L&P to sit even more firmly in the saddle and, if he notices this, will take even more time. (Personally, I don't think L&P will behave like that.)
This has always been L&P's horse so I'm not sure it was ever our role or responsibility or desire to loosen his grip on the reigns. I am sure, however, that there are a lot of people pointing out the problems with his posture and thinking if he wants that horse to perform better he might do well to get out the crop once in a while.

Last edited:

seami18

Apr 27, 2021
Can You send me the update link of the game. I am trying but I cannot Find It.
Please anyone send the update link........
Please

• Angry
Reactions: Melkai

Deleted member 40068

May 22, 2017
Hey guys not sure where to ask this, but I was wondering if it is possible to transfer Windows saves to mac? Rather not play this whole thing again haha

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
Hey guys not sure where to ask this, but I was wondering if it is possible to transfer Windows saves to mac? Rather not play this whole thing again haha
Yes, just copy the whole save directory into the renpy save directory of your mac.
On mac it is in /Users/your_login/Library/RenPy

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
(I know these piece-by-piece responses are a bit tedious but you make some good points/raise some good questions that I want to respond to individually)

As someone who's played the know-it-all on occasion I do read the thread daily and have for nearly two years now. My opinion is that overall it's on point - not on an individual post basis, but if you put everything in the hopper and ground it up with milk and eggs you'd have a palatable but not necessarily delicious batter. Of course there are extremes and one can wonder why on the one hand folks are so nasty and negative towards the developer, his "Patreons" (as if that was a completely homogeneous group) and towards individuals here, and on the other hand folks express a cult-like rapture for the developer.

Some may wonder about this but for me this is not at all surprising. An honest and dispassionate assessment of what he posts here and on Patreon (I'm not a supporter so I only see a very small sample) and what we actually see in the releases and the enormous number of days between them would allow one to draw at least a rough sketch of his personality. I'll just leave it there.

If your personality sketch of L&P is at all similar to mine you'd understand the following: "Grow up and grow a pair you hubristic prick."

This has always been L&P's horse so I'm not sure it was ever our role or responsibility or desire to loosen his grip on the reigns. I am sure, however, that there are a lot of people pointing out the problems with his posture and thinking if he wants that horse to perform better he might do well to get out the crop once in a while.
Thanks for the answer, even if I didn't understand every phrase. This is due to my bad English and the translation aids that I have to use.
To make it clear again, I don't give a shit about the character of L&P. He delivers, not as quickly as it would like, but he delivers. What I don't care about is how some people get wrong in tone when they put forward their arguments. That will always provoke my contradiction.
For me, however, the decisive factor is something else: the war that some have started here and that are now sitting very still like mice in their holes has only brought one thing at the moment - the losers are all pirates here.

Last edited:
Reactions: roro

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Thanks for the answer, even if I didn't understand every phrase. This is due to my bad English and the translation aids that I have to use.
To make it clear again, I don't give a shit about the character of L&P. It delivers, not as quickly as it would like, but it delivers. What I don't care about is how some people get wrong in tone when they put forward their arguments. That will always provoke my contradiction.
For me, however, the decisive factor is something else: the war that some have started here and that are now sitting very still like mice in their holes has only brought one thing at the moment - the losers are all pirates here.
Fair enough, sorry if my phrasing doesn't work too well with the translators.
As for "war"? I don't think it's really possible to start a war with a developer here as this isn't the battlefield, Patreon and Subscribestar are the battlefield where developers must compete for money. Sites like this are probably more like a recruiting area if the developer takes the right attitude.

Reactions: Alley_Cat
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes