Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
That's just it. The CS is based on the text/outline of the novel, and the story is based on 79+ characters that have interactions with Sophia. So you have to create a scene for about every interaction with the support character. Especially characters that have no influence whatsoever. A prime example is this scene.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Why do I care if her teeth were polished? She is a fictional character. How long did it take him to work on these 12 CS and render them? How does this influence her corruption points, good wife points, lesbian points, or LI points? I don't see her getting hit on by the dental assistant. So to me, this was a wasted scene or one-and-done. This could have been told through mostly narrations about her talking to her sister about bringing the kids over to her house. And there are other examples, too, throughout the novel.

I'm trying to point out here that he could have omitted most of the one-and-done and put more focus on Sophia and the primary supporting cast members.
But half of those dozen renders were setting up the kids to stay at Patricia and Carl's, which got them out of the house for Liam/Sophia/Neil to watch the American football match in the evening, and also setting up that Dylan had soccer next morning (where if I remember correctly Sophia first met Alyssa) and Ellie was having Julia and Elena round to pool, which set up the Ellie/Julia and subsequent Ellie/Julia/Sophia kissing scenes.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
But half of those dozen renders were setting up the kids to stay at Patricia and Carl's, which got them out of the house for Liam/Sophia/Neil to watch the American football match in the evening, and also setting up that Dylan had soccer next morning (where if I remember correctly Sophia first met Alyssa) and Ellie was having Julia and Elena round to pool, which set up the Ellie/Julia and subsequent Ellie/Julia/Sophia kissing scenes.
Yes, but that could have been told through narrations. I didn't need to see her sitting at the dental office having that conversation. So it wasn't a scene that influenced anything.

roro

May 29, 2017
That's just it. The CS is based on the text/outline of the novel, and the story is based on 79+ characters that have interactions with Sophia. So you have to create a scene for about every interaction with the support character. Especially characters that have no influence whatsoever. A prime example is this scene.

Why do I care if her teeth were polished? She is a fictional character. How long did it take him to work on these 12 CS and render them? How does this influence her corruption points, good wife points, lesbian points, or LI points? I don't see her getting hit on by the dental assistant. So to me, this was a wasted scene or one-and-done. This could have been told through mostly narrations about her talking to her sister about bringing the kids over to her house. And there are other examples, too, throughout the novel.

I'm trying to point out here that he could have omitted most of the one-and-done and put more focus on Sophia and the primary supporting cast members.
That's only 2 renders, not 12...

Reactions: xxxorro

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
You old romantic you.
Alyssa is the romantic Lesbian route now I like the sound of that
There is no one else in game, that could be a suitable long term relation for Sophia is her and Liam separated. Patricia and Carl would take in Sophia and kids in a heartbeat if they needed somewhere to live. And I doubt Carl would object to having sexual fun with Sophia.

If Neil and Amber also divorced then something COULD happen between Sophia and Amber, but nothing has happened between them so far outside of fan fiction. I might fantasize about Sopha/Ellie/Dylan and Amber/Julia/Sam all living together with regular visits from both Patricia and Alyssa/Zac, and you could get quite a few sexual permutations from that lot even without adding the likes of Nathalie / Vicky / Marie..... But that is just my fevered imagination working overtime!!

On the Goodwife sharing route Andy and Cathy certainly seem to be lining up as a future foursome for Sophia and Liam.

But most of the potential LI for Sophia on the Filthy routes, whether lesbian or hetero, whether incest or not, seem to be set up as a short term sexual passion / lust option. Alyssa could well be that too but to me, she is the only serious long term relationship for Sophia if she separated from Liam. Hence why I was so gutted at that choice in v0-100 update.

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
more interesting what about Natalie/Vicky and emma?
-Natalie is the only lesbian option for the good wife path so far.
-Vicky and her boyfriend is looking that will have fun with Sophie(go away vicky Boyfriend :) )
-emma now this one is interesting she ends the Sophie/Dylan so it will be continued behind Dylan.sophie having something with her Son girlfriend:unsure:

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
more interesting what about Natalie/Vicky and emma?
-Natalie is the only lesbian option for the good wife path so far.
-Vicky and her boyfriend is looking that will have fun with Sophie(go away vicky Boyfriend :) )
-emma now this one is interesting she ends the Sophie/Dylan so it will be continued behind Dylan.sophie having something with her Son girlfriend:unsure:
I guess we will have clearer idea what could happen with Nathalie after the next update. Liam has already met and clearly fancies Nathalie, so that is another obvious threesome on the Goodwife path. We have nt yet met Nathalie's boyfriend - at this late stage I hope we don't as we need to trim secondary characters, not add new ones. Not playing the Goodwife route currently, I am hoping that Sophia and Nathalie could still have sex on the Filthy routes.

Likewise I was initially looking forward to seeing Sophia and Vicky have sex on the Filthy routes, But having met her boyfriend DeShawn in the sauna, it feels like L&P only added him to tick the Interracial box and thus ensure a few more subscribers from that. (yes I remember we previously met the Janitor, and although we think the janitor has a part to play, we don't yet know what. So I guess Vicky and DeShawn are now being set up a potential threesome for Sophia on the Filthy route. We have nt seen Vicky and Liam meet so at the moment that feels unlikely to be an option on the Goodwife route.

I think that Emma/Sophia and Emma/Dylan are mutually exclusive. I am personally not bothered at seeing the former and the latter only so that Dylan learns what to do and what not to do. But there are arguably too many potential LI already so I won't be gutted if these storylines get cut.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
As far as the ranch episode is concerned, 'realistically' the best part of a day could be spent in Sophia becoming familiar with the gentle horse that she will hopefully ride. Reins & tack need to be understood, getting on & off, correct safety procedures learned etc., or could it be the case that she's already an accomplished horsewoman? That would be yet another skill to add to this formidable "Renaissance Woman's" ever-growing list of abilities. "What a woman" is a line you don't hear much these days. Sometimes the phrase, 'she's too good to be true' comes unbidden to my mind. This will be definitely the case if she alights from her steed without an aching backside.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
As far as the ranch episode is concerned, 'realistically' the best part of a day could be spent in Sophia becoming familiar with the gentle horse that she will hopefully ride. Reins & tack need to be understood, getting on & off, correct safety procedures learned etc., or could it be the case that she's already an accomplished horsewoman? That would be yet another skill to add to this formidable "Renaissance Woman's" ever-growing list of abilities. "What a woman" is a line you don't hear much these days. Sometimes the phrase, 'she's too good to be true' comes unbidden to my mind. This will be definitely the case if she alights from her steed without an aching backside.
My experience as an amateur riding horses is that you have to sit on the animal for a long time to get a sore butt. You have to be careful that the horse doesn't step on your toes or try not to strip off the rider on a tree. I hope that the developer will not delay us long with the explanations about horse breeding and husbandry.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021

So absolutely true. Even in the art class. He did dozens of scenes where the old fart barely adjusted the sitting. What value added was that? He could have easily done the narration and cut a significant number of scenes.

I call this a Direct Hit. Well done Dr. Fap!

Reactions: Dr.SigmundFap

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Yes, but that could have been told through narrations. I didn't need to see her sitting at the dental office having that conversation. So it wasn't a scene that influenced anything.
Right! Completely agree!

She could have just had the cell phone discussion while driving to whatever other thing she needed to do that morning. That way she would have been a prime example of distracted driving and needing to call Liam that she trashed the Rover against a palm tree. Or maybe dealing with the movers again. Or ... DOH!

Yes wasted time and effort.

Reactions: Dr.SigmundFap

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
No matter what adjustments he would make, no matter which side paths he would leave out or which characters / events L&P would drop only once, the speed of development would still not increase! However, there would be large logical gaps in the overall story, in Sophia Corruption Path. I think there are enough other games that work the same way and that sucks.
I know we are all impatient, some are panicking because their crystal ball is telling them that development of the game will be canceled for Christmas, but development time between updates will be at least 5 months even with the changes mentioned above. And I don't see anything, or nobody, who will change anything about it.
It’s not the five months that is the specific problem, there are a lot of games with long development cycles. It’s the very small amount of game time covered after five months that is the problem. Cutting and trimming around the edges, reducing the variants of how scenes play out based on earlier choices, would allow for more story to be told with the same amount of renders. If we got one full day every five or six months (relative to what we get currently) is a tradeoff I’m willing to make if the content I’m losing is giving old dudes a bath or watching Dylan and Emma kiss by the pool.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
It’s not the five months that is the specific problem, there are a lot of games with long development cycles. It’s the very small amount of game time covered after five months that is the problem. Cutting and trimming around the edges, reducing the variants of how scenes play out based on earlier choices, would allow for more story to be told with the same amount of renders. If we got one full day every five or six months (relative to what we get currently) is a tradeoff I’m willing to make if the content I’m losing is giving old dudes a bath or watching Dylan and Emma kiss by the pool.
The game is in no mans land. I agree with you that the 5+ month development cycles aren't the crux of the problem. Instead the problem is that it takes 5+ months and nothing/very little happens. This game lives in the details, so it's going to be really difficult to change the pacing of the game, even if he were to cut everything right to the bone. He doesn't want this game to be nothing but scenes with Dylan, Ellie, and Aiden; and I applaud him for that. It's good to mix the game up and have stories that crisscross one another. It's also good (on paper) that multiple days can go by without seeing a major character, that helps keep things fresh. I recently tried to play a game but quit because literally every scene was with the LI and no one else. After awhile it was just boring that every single conversation had to be so sexually charged. And a lot of game suffer from that. But not AWAM, but it has swung too far in the other direction. We have scenes and characters that are nice but do little but delay progress with the characters we'd rather be spending time with. And since each update covers such a small proportion of the game, and each update takes so long to come out, it's frustrating that everything moves sooooo slowly.

But now I'm just bitching and I don't want to do that. I've mulled over this topic for a long time, and I know we've discussed it to death; but I still think the only way to move the story forward quickly without sacrificing too much of what makes this game unique is to use time jumps. I know it's complicated, and that story lines could get mishandled in the process, but there just doesn't seem to be that much fat to cut. Yeah, you could cut the two side jobs, and that would save a lot of time, but if you start cutting other characters then you're treading on thin ice. I'd rather he cut the two side jobs and then focus on some well positioned time jumps to get the story moving a little. Instead of cutting "fat" he could prioritize and structure the scenes that we're only seeing the important ones. So, for example, Ellie isn't having a shower with Sophia every day- but every time we see her in the morning it is for a shower. We could also consolidate scenes so that something important happens in each one. Right now there are scenes that only add details for the future, but contribute little for titillation or entertainment. If the time jump could eliminate these scenes and consolidate them into other scenes that are simply more entertaining, I think that would be a huge win.

In the end I think no option is great. It's just the nature of how he has structured the game. There is a lot to learn from AWAM about how to structure a slow burn and how to reign in your ambition. I'd really like to make a voyeurism game, but since I don't know DAZ that seems impossible. But anytime I really think about it I find myself really using AWAM as one of the primary guides for what, and what not, to do.

Note- Maybe splitting the game up into seasons would be something that could work. Maybe changing the landmarks would help with expectations and anticipation. Right now most people are frustrated that sex is likely 7+ years away. But what if a season-ending climax could be reached in say 2 years? It wouldn't include sex, but with some restructuring maybe it could be something sexy, dramatic, and attainable. The problem that most of us have is that so much of what this game offers feels unattainable because it's too many years away. But what if a season ending climatic event could be achieved that would act as a pressure relief valve? Maybe setting more short term goals and adding more sexual content than what currently exists would be a good compromise.

Or maybe I'm writing too much.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes