leg28

Aug 15, 2018
I don't know of any Devs whose game flat out beats Awam in very department. Anything other than that is just your personal preference. As for complexity, L&P is more of an artist. The complexity is his is not in his routes but in hsi renders.

If 1000 renders feel like teasers and too short to you then there aren't many games that can give you a long update. Save for one game that I have played every other generally gives updates of less than 1000 renders.

Just because some are fast doesn't mean he is slacking all day. Not every person can become a Mike Tyson or Usain Bolt. Some are just exceptionally good. L&P is slow in comparison to DPC ( mentioning him because everyone else keeps doing that ). He's way too fast.

L&P's pace for 1st part of Day 19 was pathetic, partly because of the hardware but still very slow.
Part 2 was also extremely slow, from a total collapse in project management.
Part 3 has been well paced, he is on par with majority developers on the forum. Even while doing the most complex event of the whole game till now and including a week off because he was out due to personal work ( the ps 15% is because of that ).

I feel this time he is a lot more serious and committed to the work.
so he is serious now?
anyway, when you can't finish game in 4 yrs, something is seriously wrong. not mentioning that he is not even in the middle of it. obviously, issue how many renders he made in how many months is not the only measure.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
so he is serious now?
anyway, when you can't finish game in 4 yrs, something is seriously wrong. not mentioning that he is not even in the middle of it. obviously, issue how many renders he made in how many months is not the only measure.
Well it's just like saying that if an athlete can't run a marathon in the same time as a 400m race then there is something wrong with him.

L&P's story is far bigger than the average stories being told. The number of events each and everyday is a lot more. So of course he needs more time to make them. His project size is of the magnitude that a team should handle, not him alone.

pcaf

Dec 3, 2019
His project size is of the magnitude that a team should handle, not him alone.
This statement alone almost sums up the bulk of the problem on why this game is constantly drawing criticisms.

Like almost everyone else here, I too like this game very much. But you cannot run away from the fact that the current pace of update is far from ideal. It's not just the long wait, but also the inefficient story telling. Sure the recent updates averages around 1000 renders. But it doesn't move the plot very far. We've seen other games that can move the plot a lot more with half that number.

What's the solution? I don't know. Is L&P milking? I don't know. But the current rate of progress is unsustainable and it is a problem that is yet to be addressed for a number of years now. I don't see how defending the dev is helping to solve that problem either.

Alex kryle

Jan 9, 2021
As you say, an unimpressive update for three days. Projected completion date +1.

Pct CompleteFactorPct of Update
Created Scenes80%55%44.00%
Rendered Scenes80%25%20.00%
Art edited with PS15%5%0.75%
Programming & Translation0%15%0.00%
Total Pct of Update Completed64.75%
Start Date7/5/2021
Festival of Bullshit (excuses)0
Bullshit Days Consumed so far0
Current # Days of Production (less BS consumed)90
Days remaining in Festival of Bullshit0
Estimated Completion Date11/20/2021

View attachment 1435168
Brother Talcum Powder.....I think that you should make one correction in the counting system ..... L&P tells that created + rendered scenes consist of 85% of total work.....and art edited and translation hold 15% of total work ......but you have assigned 80% to created(55%)+rendered(25%) only......and 20% to art edited and translation.....
Make sure to update the table by this correction.

leg28

Aug 15, 2018
Well it's just like saying that if an athlete can't run a marathon in the same time as a 400m race then there is something wrong with him.

L&P's story is far bigger than the average stories being told. The number of events each and everyday is a lot more. So of course he needs more time to make them. His project size is of the magnitude that a team should handle, not him alone.
so he needs 7-8 years for game? or maybe until retirement? i can't see purpose of such a game.
anyway size of such "magnitude" with new subpaths that only teams can handle are scaring me. this game will never see the end. maybe even 1st sex.

Reactions: Toushiro

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I always find it funny when people complain about the principle of capitalism - "Make as much profit as possible, with the least possible effort". That is the wolf law of capitalism - I learned at school. L&P has looked for a market with which he can earn his living. He has taken the business risk and has obviously succeeded in doing it. The big advantage of the business model he has chosen is that he is not legally open to attack if he actually does not deliver anything. You can stand by it as you want, but milking = fraud, it would only be in my opinion if he did not deliver anything. But that's not the case, it's just the basic law of capitalism.
Of course I could also argue that for 900 images per update you need twice or three times the number of attempts to get the desired result, but most of his critics would not accept that anyway.

PS .: I also always get a cynical grin when pirates talk about "milking".
Last I checked pirating was a 'profession'. Look at Johnny Depp. Bad example!:giggle:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I don't know of any Devs whose game flat out beats Awam in very department. Anything other than that is just your personal preference. As for complexity, L&P is more of an artist. The complexity is his is not in his routes but in hsi renders.

If 1000 renders feel like teasers and too short to you then there aren't many games that can give you a long update. Save for one game that I have played every other generally gives updates of less than 1000 renders.

Just because some are fast doesn't mean he is slacking all day. Not every person can become a Mike Tyson or Usain Bolt. Some are just exceptionally good. L&P is slow in comparison to DPC ( mentioning him because everyone else keeps doing that ). He's way too fast.

L&P's pace for 1st part of Day 19 was pathetic, partly because of the hardware but still very slow.
Part 2 was also extremely slow, from a total collapse in project management.
Part 3 has been well paced, he is on par with majority developers on the forum. Even while doing the most complex event of the whole game till now and including a week off because he was out due to personal work ( the ps 15% is because of that ).

I feel this time he is a lot more serious and committed to the work.
"There are always ... possibilities!" Spock

• Haha
Reactions: Old Dog and leg28

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Okay. Now this is exactly what I have been talking about earlier this day. Now there is a boost of 5% created scenes in "1" day. And by threads logic who said that I am making speculations and the only thing that matters is the progress moving by 5% for RS in "3" days. Everyone said that 3 days for 45 renders with his rig is pathetic.

But now I don't see anyone praising his pace and saying he did 50 CS in one day. Mind you that's faster than Decentmonkey and DPC's average render per day. Not a single soul.

Why is that ? Because we all know that ofcourse he didn't do it in one day. He must have been working on it for 3-4 days atleast. Which also means that 5% RS was not all he was doing in that time. He just didn't update the RS as and when it was done.

I just wish people are more patient and watch for a bit. If the progress is visibily slow for a week, then yes he is not working, but being so presumptuous is truly unfair.
Patient for how many years? The pace that you are focusing on is still leaving an 18 year completion pace. This is not good! Can you agree with that?

If all you are looking at is the tree in front of you, you missed the rest of the forest. The hope is he improves his pace as things go forward. Since most scenes will be in existing locales from now on. One hopes.:)

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I know it does. Now we don't know for sure if he does not use both computers or whether he puts them on queue or not. This is my assumption but the answer to that is maybe already with us.

When render farm was suggested to him he said it won't work because he still finds errors in his renders even after rendering them. Now ( once again just my assumption ) this could be why he might nit be using the queue. Or maybe he is and then sits to to correct the ones with mistake. Hence taking more than normal time. Which in essence is bad. His working style is a problem, I have been saying that too just like everyone else.
WOOHOOO! Agreement! Thank you Don KillJoys for your perseverance. Thank you all for patience.:cool:

Yes yes I know this is sarcastic as hell! It slipped out.

Reactions: Old Dog

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
so he needs 7-8 years for game? or maybe until retirement? i can't see purpose of such a game.
anyway size of such "magnitude" with new subpaths that only teams can handle are scaring me. this game will never see the end. maybe even 1st sex.
They have already defined the purpose: patrons milking. So your question can only be meant retorically.
And if you are scared of the game's development time then stop playing it. But you are still here! And you will continue to be here in this forum, play the game, enjoy every update and then complain about the developer again.
The eternal boring cycle.

roro

May 29, 2017
that is wishful thinking . end of november is things go well.
Not so long ago you were talking about February...
Okay. Now this is exactly what I have been talking about earlier this day. Now there is a boost of 5% created scenes in "1" day. And by threads logic who said that I am making speculations and the only thing that matters is the progress moving by 5% for RS in "3" days. Everyone said that 3 days for 45 renders with his rig is pathetic.

But now I don't see anyone praising his pace and saying he did 50 CS in one day. Mind you that's faster than Decentmonkey and DPC's average render per day. Not a single soul.

Why is that ? Because we all know that ofcourse he didn't do it in one day. He must have been working on it for 3-4 days atleast. Which also means that 5% RS was not all he was doing in that time. He just didn't update the RS as and when it was done.

I just wish people are more patient and watch for a bit. If the progress is visibily slow for a week, then yes he is not working, but being so presumptuous is truly unfair.
Hey, I talked about it first ;)
Laughing aside, I don't remember who talked about us assuming this (Talcum?), and while he was right, the truth is everybody except for the dev has to assume, even unknowingly. What most people here assumed (at least those who talked about it) is that he works in series instead of parallel (hope I'm using the right terms).
Now this fast jump in SC is an evidence for Parallel work, but it isn't a proof. I remember some jumps of 5% in SC and RS together and this also isn't a proof for anything. It's all assumptions until L&P gives us (or his Patreons...) a look at his workflow.

kevin19997

Aug 9, 2017
i read smth about "he hired someone" and "it's pacing up", is it true? any hero here who gives me a quick update? :BootyTime: or is it still the same 1-year release cycle ?

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes