Bishop Robert

Feb 14, 2018
Man this thread is really getting stupid. Being so nitpicky about each and every render.

You realise that the sample size you are using to show his errors is 10000 renders approx. To even account for 1% chance of error you need to show 100 such renders. I don't believe anyone, any fan artist or even some other good developer would like to straight up challenge this margin of error.

To me 1% sounds way too trivial. Even if it were around 5% it would be acceptable if people are going to be such a douche about it and pick on such things. The guy just does not have to do renders. He has to think of this story, the dialogues, the lighting, camera angles. Lots of renders in the game are there just to give a flow not to show his artistic prowess.

If you all really want him to not make such mistakes and wish for a 100% error free game, give him the time he desires. Let him just make 500 renders a year and most definitely there will be no error. But then what will happen in the thread. He will be a milker. A lazy dude who is just doing nothing and taking money.

If some people felt Viper's render was on on par with L&P that's their opinion. For me it didn't even take a second to know it wasn't from L&P. The lighting, the ambience, the details on Sophia, her skin colour. There was so much that gives away. The biggest bait that confused people was the patron link attached to it which led to the paid teaser which no one could see on the page. No doubt his render was good but nothing I would ever confuse with L&P.

The people need to get their priorities straight. There needs to be a balance between the time taken and the relevance of the effort put in. When an auditor audits a company he doesn't guarantee that the accounts are completely error free. If he were to go for giving 100% assurance of an error free accounts, by the time he finishes the info would lose its meaning.

You want the highest quality renders, with the most logical and well written events, everything should be 100% realistic ( because he advertised it, right ? ) and also the scenes should have sex, everyone has their favourite character so basically all the characters should have a sex scene and it should still be completely realistic and on top of that it should all be completely error free. And ofcourse there should be 2000 renders each update ( since 1000 feels too small for many ) and it should be delivered every month without fail. Over the last year on this thread this is what I have learnt about what the people who troll L&P desire. When he ticks all these criterias he is actually working like an average dev anything below this is sub par. Very reasonable demands indeed off of a solo developer.
In terms of nitpicking the renders/screenshots I agree 100%

I really don't care much for any little mistakes someone's made unless it actually screws some things up (like the point system being configured and moved around).

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
Well, those of us that are actually waiting for updates. Latest version on MLS just dropped, and it promises better content than AWAM in half the time. And a DDoS update in about a week. So I'm not at all bored at the moment.

Can't speak for others, of course.

EDIT:
Hell, for what I've seen so far I'm much more likely to see hot 18 yr olds nude sunbathing next update, let alone some point in the near future as AWAM promises
don´t forget our red string :love: :love: :love:.in like two weeks new update!!!

Last edited:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Man this thread is really getting stupid. Being so nitpicky about each and every render.

You realise that the sample size you are using to show his errors is 10000 renders approx. To even account for 1% chance of error you need to show 100 such renders. I don't believe anyone, any fan artist or even some other good developer would like to straight up challenge this margin of error.

To me 1% sounds way too trivial. Even if it were around 5% it would be acceptable if people are going to be such a douche about it and pick on such things. The guy just does not have to do renders. He has to think of this story, the dialogues, the lighting, camera angles. Lots of renders in the game are there just to give a flow not to show his artistic prowess.

If you all really want him to not make such mistakes and wish for a 100% error free game, give him the time he desires. Let him just make 500 renders a year and most definitely there will be no error. But then what will happen in the thread. He will be a milker. A lazy dude who is just doing nothing and taking money.

If some people felt Viper's render was on on par with L&P that's their opinion. For me it didn't even take a second to know it wasn't from L&P. The lighting, the ambience, the details on Sophia, her skin colour. There was so much that gives away. The biggest bait that confused people was the patron link attached to it which led to the paid teaser which no one could see on the page. No doubt his render was good but nothing I would ever confuse with L&P.

The people need to get their priorities straight. There needs to be a balance between the time taken and the relevance of the effort put in. When an auditor audits a company he doesn't guarantee that the accounts are completely error free. If he were to go for giving 100% assurance of an error free accounts, by the time he finishes the info would lose its meaning.

You want the highest quality renders, with the most logical and well written events, everything should be 100% realistic ( because he advertised it, right ? ) and also the scenes should have sex, everyone has their favourite character so basically all the characters should have a sex scene and it should still be completely realistic and on top of that it should all be completely error free. And ofcourse there should be 2000 renders each update ( since 1000 feels too small for many ) and it should be delivered every month without fail. Over the last year on this thread this is what I have learnt about what the people who troll L&P desire. When he ticks all these criterias he is actually working like an average dev anything below this is sub par. Very reasonable demands indeed off of a solo developer.
The original element of this discussion (Ahem) was that someone claimed that the Fan artists were horrible vice L&P. You and I both know that many of these artists are excellent. Not on the scale L&P does but, as part time in their lives they are good and, IMO, some as good or better, for my tastes. None of them are working 11 hours a day on a project for four years. So that led to a series of comparisons where, yes, L&P screwed up or missed something. No big deal his Art is still top tier (Again IMO) and yes there will be mistakes he is human. So just join those that enjoy the work of the artists and join me in identifying and reporting the troll. My little jolly for the day. Just a thought!:cool:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
… Administration now, it’s a rule-making, compliance and enforcement bureau in the United States Department of Labor.
Who said you could use that extension cord? There is a 90 day limit. Fine $5000. That pallet has nothing on it it is a tripping hazard. Fine $5000. Oh I see you put a small box of matches on it. Fine rescinded. I shit you not!

mulerider

Donor
Apr 9, 2020
Who said you could use that extension cord? There is a 90 day limit. Fine $5000. That pallet has nothing on it it is a tripping hazard. Fine $5000. Oh I see you put a small box of matches on it. Fine rescinded. I shit you not!
that aint no shit

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
Straya the bogans way of say Australia often used by Aussies all over the world to describe their country. If you ever get told to say the posh "Australia"
I didn't know that
My Australian girlfriend and her friends used to refer to her country as “Oz”.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
A game that holds me over is Inside Jennifer. Lots of action but it doesn't quite devolve into a cheap fuck-fest. It's a nice change of pace.
I completely forgot about this one. The art does look nice in the screenshots and the MC is really sexy, too. Thanks for mentioning it, I'll give it a shot!

Reactions: GingerSweetGirl

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
oh, cmmon... people are nitpicking and splitting hairs simply because the core "defenders of the faith" are so much praising divine perfectionism and professionalism of this guy as a main reason everything goes snail speed. as a direct result annoyed majority started to analize every detail of his work - renders, bugs, issues, writing quality... and obviously, the problem is lp himself and the way he works. or better "works".
Firstly the discussion came into existence because viper mentioned his render is getting confused with L&P. Which was primarily because of the patreon link attached to it and the post here being laid out like a patreon post. Not saying he didn't do a good render but it was very different from what L&P's renders look like.

Now others started with saying that the fan artists are better ( which majority of times is because they show Sophia having sex with some character and L&P has not yet ) and that L&P is just wasting time. And then when people said on behalf of L&P this is what started. Picking out the few renders where there are mistakes of such magnitude that are totally unnoticeable.

Nobody here just started out of nowhere to praise L&P's renders and so others had to show the mistakes. The accusation was first put on L&P to which it was a retaliation.

The original element of this discussion (Ahem) was that someone claimed that the Fan artists were horrible vice L&P. You and I both know that many of these artists are excellent. Not on the scale L&P does but, as part time in their lives they are good and, IMO, some as good or better, for my tastes. None of them are working 11 hours a day on a project for four years. So that led to a series of comparisons where, yes, L&P screwed up or missed something. No big deal his Art is still top tier (Again IMO) and yes there will be mistakes he is human. So just join those that enjoy the work of the artists and join me in identifying and reporting the troll. My little jolly for the day. Just a thought!:cool:
I also consider the fan art thread has great renders. Some people have really good quality renders. Infact none of the artists that actually do fan art even bothered to join the conversation. It is only the people who always have something negative to say for L&P.

Last edited:

bayrischman

Feb 27, 2021
Firstly the discussion came into existence because viper mentioned his render is getting confused with L&P. Which was primarily because of the patreon link attached to it and the post here being laid out like a patreon post. Not saying he didn't do a good render but it was very different from what L&P's renders look like.

Now others started with saying that the fan artists are better ( which majority of times is because they show Sophia having sex with some character and L&P has not yet ) and that L&P is just wasting time. And then when people said on behalf of L&P this is what started. Picking out the few renders where there are mistakes of such magnitude that are totally unnoticeable.

Nobody here just started out of nowhere to praise L&P's renders and so others had to show the mistakes. The accusation was first put on L&P to which it was a retaliation.

I also consider the fan art thread has great renders. Some people have really good quality renders. Infact none of the artists that actually do fan art even bothered to join the conversation. It is only the people who always have something negative to say for L&P.
sabertooth gets excited as if he were Lust & PASSION:

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021

I am one of those negative Andy's, but the render quality was never an issue, atleast not for me. Not sure why Viper's post turned this thread into render-shaming for several pages, but I'm sure that wasn't even the point of his post.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021

KillJoys was the target of this conversation by a certain ass hat troll. DOH! Yes I said it. He did contribute and pointed out some issues which are atypical of L&P but, do happen.

In all honesty, this may have gotten my Irish cousin Hackles up.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes