yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
How did this thread turn into a Being a Dik thread? That game has absolutely nothing to do with this game at all.

DIK:

Sandbox
Many Minigames
Male Protagonist
Tons and tons of sex
No Incest
Dik / Chick moral alignment
Coomer Approved

AWAM:

Visual Novel
No Minigames
Female Protagonist
Tons and tons of teasing
Incest
Good Wife / Filthy moral alignment
Blue Balls

The two games are not very similar at all. Here is what they share in common:

Toxic Fans
Huge Download size
Endless whining in the forums
People want more updates more often

VanDarkBalls

Sep 17, 2021
How did this thread turn into a Being a Dik thread? That game has absolutely nothing to do with this game at all.

DIK:

Sandbox
Many Minigames
Male Protagonist
Tons and tons of sex
No Incest
Coomer Approved

AWAM:

Visual Novel
No Minigames
Female Protagonist
Tons and tons of teasing
Incest
Blue Balls

Toxic Fans
Huge Download size
No Minigames ;)
Here you are absolutely wrong, AWAM has a combat system called Dylan the Destroyer

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
My opinion is a bit different. They started criticizing minor things, praising the work of others which should be proven.
I think there should have been a response, to restore order to things.

One is faster but sacrificing quality. We could compare this to a food product, cheaper but with many E's.

I think a comparison with DPC needs more arguments not just the number of renders. It is very possible that the lighting system used by L&P is 5-10 times more time consuming than the one used by DPC (when it exists ;) ).

My PC won't let me play too much with renders/lights but we have a few in the forum that might give hints about the time needed.
Lighting can be time consuming and since L&P uses his own lighting for his scenes it can be tricky,I have used 3-4 different lighting assets on my renders and then filtering/progressive rendering all play a part as well.
The poses/clothing can also be very tricky
Take a look at the renders below.
The Delia Negligee is a nightmare to use especially if you have the character sitting down,very time consuming.

1634040040280.jpeg
Also after messing a round with the poses used in these renders, it is not as easy as it looks.
Yes you could move Sophia upwards but then you would have to move the arms/shoulders/torso so that the hands would be touching the desk,to make this pose look natural is not that easy.
1634040270745.jpeg
This is another pose that looks simple but it is not that easy to do
1634040529194.jpeg
So I have to take back some of the stuff that I have said about the poses.
I have tried all the poses above in the F.A section and to make them look good and natural is not an not easy task.
Yes you could use preloaded poses but they always cause errors,body positioning,and then you would have to fit the clothes to the character(dforce).

Last edited:

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Lighting can be time consuming and since L&P uses his own lighting for his scenes it can be tricky,I have used 3-4 different lighting assets on my renders and then filtering/progressive rendering all play a part as well.
The poses/clothing can be very tricky as well.
Take a look at the render below.
The Delia Negligee is a nightmare to use especially if you have the character sitting down,very time consuming.

View attachment 1449113
Also after messing a round with the pose use in this render it is not as easy as it looks.
Yes you could move Sophia upwards but then you would have to move the arms/shoulders/torso so that the hands would be touching the desk,to make this pose look natural is not that easy.
View attachment 1449116
View attachment 1449117
I have tried all the poses above in the F.A section and to make them look good and natural is not an not easy task.
Good post KillJoys (y)

Reactions: globsis and Old Dog

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Wow, now this is something that's scaring me from using Daz. It was already complex when I listened to the artists talk about stuff in the fan art thread but now even poses that look so simple are difficult..... I genuinely never thought that the pose in the third pic would even take a minute to setup, it looked so simple.

You are an experienced person with Daz so i can take your word for this.
it is mainly trying to get the pose to look natural.
You can have Sophia's butt clipping the desk and nobody would see this because of the angle of the camera.
Then move/twist the shoulders/arms/hands back so that you can get the hands to touch the desk , the legs can be difficult as well, but since we cannot see all the legs they could be floating 3 inches off the floor for all we know.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019

DIK:

Sandbox
Many Minigames
Male Protagonist
Tons and tons of sex
No Incest
Coomer Approved

AWAM:

Visual Novel
No Minigames
Female Protagonist
Tons and tons of teasing
Incest
Blue Balls

Toxic Fans
Huge Download size
You're a Game-Dev and you know the difference.
Day19_11_AA28_Sophia_stretches_at_the_end_of_scene-lines-scale-1_00x.jpg

I can't see a Low Poly here
1634041490972.png
1634041502717.png

And DIK
1634041540432.png

If you work with low-poly: the scene weighs much less, you move faster, it loads faster, you shorten the render time.
I didn't start the discussion, it was others praising DPC's speed. I think the explanation for this speed can be seen.

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
View attachment 1449130

View attachment 1449133
View attachment 1449135

And DIK
View attachment 1449139

If you work with low-poly: the scene weighs much less, you move faster, it loads faster, you shorten the render time.
I didn't start the discussion, it was others praising DPC's speed. I think the explanation for this speed can be seen.
To be fair to L&P the 3rd picture errors are caused by the Delia Negligee limitations.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Just wondering how this thread was once a happy place to discuss future updates and exchange ideas. Now, it has turned into a clusterfuck. I'm not complaining, as I kinda enjoy it. But why so much trolling and hating? After all, we're all here to fap.
A happy place ?? I have been around for a year regularly and there was always an argument or fight going on. I have been part of a few. This thread is a warzone. And we all love to argue, the good part about it is that at the end of it, we hold nothing against the person we argued with. It is mostly just a clash of opinions. For this thread

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I think a comparison with DPC needs more arguments not just the number of renders.
You've been given plenty in the past couple of pages, yet you still continue to ignore all of them.

Very well then. But let's stop comparing images qualitatively.
Several posts later, still comparing doors and furniture. I get it, after several years of blueballing, even a doorknob can have a certain appeal to an unsatisfied individual, but you might aswell post your findings in the BaDIK thread at this point. I tend to go off-topic alot, but you're taking it to the next level.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
A happy place ?? I have been around for a year regularly and there was always an argument or fight going on. I have been part of a few. This thread is a warzone. And we all love to argue, the good part about it is that at the end of it, we hold nothing against the person we argued with. It is mostly just a clash of opinions. For this thread

Yeah, let's fight :ROFLMAO:

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
You've been given plenty in the past couple of pages, yet you still continue to ignore all of them.

Several posts later, still comparing doors and furniture. I get it, after several years of blueballing, even a doorknob can have a certain appeal to an unsatisfied individual, but you might aswell post your findings in the BaDIK thread at this point. I tend to go off-topic alot, but you're taking it to the next level.
I defend this game and I'm not going to troll anyone. If Badik fans are happy with the product, good for them
Peace bro :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Sabertooth__

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
I defend this game and I'm not going to troll anyone. If Badik fans are happy with the product, good for them
Peace bro :ROFLMAO:
And yet another post ignoring basically everything that was said. You even manage to ignore your own statements. The doors apparently have a severe impact on you, buddy.

Reactions: BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
The poses/clothing can also be very tricky
Take a look at the render below.

View attachment 1449113
Also after messing a round with the pose use in this render it is not as easy as it looks.
View attachment 1449116
View attachment 1449117
Yes you could use preloaded poses but they always cause errors,body positioning,and then you would have to fit the clothes to the character(dforce).
Wow, now this is something that's scaring me from using Daz. It was already complex when I listened to the artists talk about stuff in the fan art thread but now even poses that look so simple are difficult..... I genuinely never thought that the pose in the third pic would even take a minute to setup, it looked so simple.
And the second pic is a mistake most likely not because it was ignored but it was a time consuming thing to correct and make look natural.

You are an experienced person with Daz so i can take your word for this.
Anyway, whether that's nice or not. Can you maybe move your render discussion to the fan art thread?

And we talk a little bit more about the story again? That's interesting, isn't it?
L&P answer my mail!!!
1-WTF Natalie is not the only lesbian option for Good Wife Sophie :D.i wonder who are the others:unsure::unsure::unsure:
2-Emma is still available:)
3-vicky comes with her boyfriend:cry:
4-Marie (and maybe her mom) is only for Dylan:cry: (oh well She is hot:love:).
5-didn´t answer if Chistine is another option for Dylan
6-no gay content for Dylan:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.(ok i didnt ask that)

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
And yet another post ignoring basically everything that was said. You even manage to ignore your own statements. The doors apparently have a severe impact on you, buddy.
Man, I saw those images. Could be a HDRI used for that but not mean that DPC has his own lightning system. Or IF :unsure: he has one he hasn't used it. And DPC sacrifices quality for speed. Look at this tree, never see one like this :ROFLMAO:
1634043480788.png

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
View attachment 1449130

View attachment 1449133
View attachment 1449135

And DIK
View attachment 1449139

You are right sometimes you will have that sort of thing on being a Dik, but as a player, that sort of thing doesn't really bother me all that much, and I think both games have beautiful renders.

It's easier to make it look smoother for L&P because you gotta remember Dik is in 1080 and AWAM is in 720.

Every single one of those images that has points like that on DiK could be easily fixed with a couple of minutes on photoshop as well. A little bit of anti-aliasing could fix it. Maybe they should hire a guy to touch it up for them.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes