hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
I do the same thing with my saves, but with the unknown about the gallery and how he plans on using it, I think it would have been better served if he add the gallery in Part II as he said he's going to do. To do it now will just add more time to the version update.

As I said if people want to get their kicks about images, instead of playing the novel, just download the Ren'py extract tool and call it a day.
Yes and no. No, no gallery is necessary because I can use the Ren'py Extract tool to look at all the images I want. Yes, because I don't play every route, but there are individual events on some of these routes that I would really like to READ. I just don't feel like playing the game multiple times just to follow the Amber / Dylan story, for example. I know of course my problem. But I would like to have such a type of gallery function.

Reactions: Pizzapockets

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
he is German. :ROFLMAO:
He stated he lives in Germany. To my knowledge he has never identified himself as of German descent. Please correct me if I am wrong. Germany has many people living there from all over the world. There are many things to enjoy and it is a central location to western Europe so travel is much easier. Is he a German citizen? I don't know.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Yes, troubling indeed. He’s been on track for mid-November for a couple of weeks and then, apparently* unprompted, announces a generic “November, almost definitely for probably 100% (for now, anyway) sure” does sound like bullshit.

I’m thinking +8 days. But then again I did up P&T to 15% from 10%, which in a 130-day development cycle is an increase of 6.5 days…

nah, this is bullshit. I can’t imagine there are Patreons expressing a dire need for one-click access to that scene where Sam and Sophia went to his room and he helped with some fingering.

*I’m not a Patreon of his so don’t get all self-righteous if there’s more info that I don’t have.
I agree his 'style' would get him fired if he worked for a business. It also completely violates the concept of under promise and over deliver. However, since I have always felt this was a late November (at best) or early December release it does not bother me. It is just par for the course.:)

Hmmm, wonder if the mods will delete this as well. I am sure it is off topic with the golf reference.:devilish:

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I agree his 'style' would get him fired if he worked for a business. It also completely violates the concept of under promise and over deliver. However, since I have always felt this was a late November (at best) or early December release it does not bother me. It is just par for the course.:)

Hmmm, wonder if the mods will delete this as well. I am sure it is off topic with the golf reference.:devilish:
From what I have heard his Patrons wants the two side jobs dropped as they think that it takes up too much time but we shall see

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
From what I have heard his Patrons wants the two side jobs dropped as they think that it takes up too much time but we shall see
Yeah, that has been popping up again in conversation on Patreon. I'm just waiting on the comment, Don't listen to the haters and stay true to your vision. I still have no clue what his vision is at this time.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I would bust a gut if he dropped the side jobs or even DLC'd them (I.e. dropped). His steadfast, frothing at the mouth even, defense of Side Job #2 tells me he will never do this. I think he is too vested in the idea.

Now, the gallery concept, brings anew the discussion of 'Help'. A programmer would need absolutely no knowledge of his story to program a gallery capability into the game. L&P and the programmer could have a discussion of what type of Gallery he wanted (Specific scenes, unpublished scenes, scenes that ties to story lines for you to play from, whatever). The programmer produces the product and L&P gets to surprise, OVER DELIVER, to his fans. This could have been done, within days of his decision to include, if he had a team or at least someone to contract the task. He can focus his skill on the art.

Broken Record!:cool::coffee:

Hmmmm, reference to a team or a contract or records must be off topic again. It is so doomed.:devilish:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Yeah, that has been popping up again in conversation on Patreon. I'm just waiting on the comment, Don't listen to the haters and stay true to your vision. I still have no clue what his vision is at this time.
I guarantee some of his vision is $$$$. I do not blame or deny him this. He deserves $$$$ for his work. I just wish he were not such a pain in the a$$ over it. If he were half the Dev Orb Origin is, as a person, this thread would lose 2k posts. How many Devs do you know that halt payments when they do not produce a product as planned? Just Sayin'.

Hmmmm, I am sure this has nothing to do with the thread.:devilish:

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Yes and no. No, no gallery is necessary because I can use the Ren'py Extract tool to look at all the images I want. Yes, because I don't play every route, but there are individual events on some of these routes that I would really like to READ. I just don't feel like playing the game multiple times just to follow the Amber / Dylan story, for example. I know of course my problem. But I would like to have such a type of gallery function.
As I said, I don't have a problem with the gallery. I have an issue with adding it now; when I reread L&P post, he said,

"0.150 will be the last update in the old format. After this update is finished I will start working on a Part II, where some new stuff will be available. Also a gallery mode. But I want to include some to this last version too (and some other tiny improvements), since it will be the last update of Part I."

He wants to add a gallery in Part II, but he only said "Some" for Part I but doesn't elaborate on what some is in his post with the exception of "Tiny Improvements." He needs someone who can communicate properly with him in English. I know his common language is German, but when he tries to communicate in English, it is hard to convey his thoughts properly.

Reactions: Jude6 and xxxorro

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
I guarantee some of his vision is $$$$. I do not blame or deny him this. He deserves $$$$ for his work. I just wish he were not such a pain in the a$$ over it. If he were half the Dev Orb Origin is, as a person, this thread would lose 2k posts. How many Devs do you know that halt payments when they do not produce a product as planned? Just Sayin'.

Hmmmm, I am sure this has nothing to do with the thread.:devilish:
I don't blame him for making money for his novel. My concerns are his communication skills and making statements that he falls through on for no reason given when he makes them.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I don't blame him for making money for his novel. My concerns are his communication skills and making statements that he falls through on for no reason given when he makes them.
His reasoning has never made any sense and it maybe an idea to hire someone to deal with the correspondence from people,I mean they couldn't do any worse than L&P already has

Last edited:

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
I'm still having a hard time believing this statement exists. There's been zero improvement in the time between updates despite cutting from full to half to third day updates. How (in)credible is this: "... all the last times I hit the release into that time span ..." Moving the goal posts, I'd say.

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
As I said, I don't have a problem with the gallery. I have an issue with adding it now; when I reread L&P post, he said,

"0.150 will be the last update in the old format. After this update is finished I will start working on a Part II, where some new stuff will be available. Also a gallery mode. But I want to include some to this last version too (and some other tiny improvements), since it will be the last update of Part I."

He wants to add a gallery in Part II, but he only said "Some" for Part I but doesn't elaborate on what some is in his post with the exception of "Tiny Improvements." He needs someone who can communicate properly with him in English. I know his common language is German, but when he tries to communicate in English, it is hard to convey his thoughts properly.
My **interpretation** is that since this is the final installment of part 1 he wants to have closure with it and try to have the "best" version possible (because of, you know, perfectionism...). Hence adding the gallery in (my interpretation of) his view is going to make the first part "complete": people can play it, go back to each event (assuming that's the kind of gallery) and so on. That's what I think he has in mind (and ca va sans dire I could be very wrong).
A replay gallery would be nice to have IMO, even in this version. If it is the case, I just hope it won't take too much. But it actually may require some work because he has to take into account all the variables used in a event, so double checking etc...
A simple gallery, even with just the best images from the game, or some new, or some of those who didn't make the cut is much less interesting IMO.
And, again, it can also wait in any case: he can release the update and later on a patch for the gallery.

And I think that for P&T it will less than the last time. There were a lot of dialogues in the last ones and sometimes a bit "technical", like for all the art history and the sex-ed explanations. Not to justify it, but I know for first hand experience that when you need to translate something that is not a everyday vocabulary it takes a little bit more effort. But then again we fall in the getting help thing, the usual discussions etc etc...
Anyways, for this release I think it won't take too long, it could even go 10% per day like for the 0.115 (18 Dec - 29 Dec). Or at least that's what we are left too hope ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: roro

bayrischman

Feb 27, 2021
He stated he lives in Germany. To my knowledge he has never identified himself as of German descent. Please correct me if I am wrong. Germany has many people living there from all over the world. There are many things to enjoy and it is a central location to western Europe so travel is much easier. Is he a German citizen? I don't know.
i had contact with him earlier he said something as if he was from belarius and moved to germany . but wouldn,t swear it.

• Haha
Reactions: nexer

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I'm still having a hard time believing this statement exists. There's been zero improvement in the time between updates despite cutting from full to half to third day updates. How (in)credible is this: "... all the last times I hit the release into that time span ..." Moving the goal posts, I'd say.
Actually, I would argue he is a politician. Seems totally like a Pol who has never worked a real job in his life, never met a deadline, never served a customer. He is his own boss. As long as the marketplace does not hold him to account then tada! This is what you get.

Hmmmm This one won't last a day. Not as venomous as someone else's posts that never get stricken. The mods are rollin in already. :ROFLMAO::devilish:

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes