Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
bei mir hat er in 30 mal spielen nicht einmal funkioniert. it didn,t even work for me in 30 games. dylan didn,t even win.
I am talking about the start of the event and the points that you need to go jogging with Sophia as for fight it take me a few tries to win the fight.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I'm still having a hard time believing this statement exists. There's been zero improvement in the time between updates despite cutting from full to half to third day updates. How (in)credible is this: "... all the last times I hit the release into that time span ..." Moving the goal posts, I'd say.
The time between updates is going only in one direction-up.
From 1 month for 1 day we are going towards 14 months for 1 day.
Last 2 playable days so far are taking 22 months,we probably will reach 23 months with the release of 0.150.

Reactions: BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Being a developer myself, I usually don't comment on other people's games - especially on their decision making.
But on this issue, I really want to :)

I play this game, and like it very much - the design, the story telling (yeah, even when I want to break the screen because of the slow pace - it usually has a good reason for progressing slowly).
And I also totally agree with a dev who has a story to tell, and will not change it just because people who pay him say so.
First, because there are others - paying customers, too - who might like the story as the Dev envisions it.
Second, because if someone doesn't like where the game is going, they can always stop paying. Nobody's forcing them.

In my own game I will grant some choices to Patrons through a voting system, but even those paths are pre-chosen by me, at very specific junctures and with very specific consequences, to fit well in my story.
Otherwise, what's the point?

I had such a backlash on my thread here because I dared to put NTR as an optional and (mostly) avoidable tag, and so many people - nice, polite people - urged me to cancel it, but I didn't.
First, because it would completely ruin my story.
And second, because it's my fucking story! :)
This is why L&P should've stick with the Twist. It's his story and according to him:

Everything is written for 30 playable days. Getting the twist out of there might have been a big pain in the ass for an already written story with parts, that I'm sure, would have been based on the twist.

I do wonder though, with an already panned out written 30 playable days, why doesn't he just hire a translator to get that thing done during his development time.. I'm sure there's new dialogue getting added, but that should be what? 10%+ on an already written story, so a couple of days of translation in the end?

In an a already written story, translation % should be the first one to go to 90% (at least) no? Just hand whats done on that already written story to the translator, no?

strange..

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
I'm still having a hard time believing this statement exists. There's been zero improvement in the time between updates despite cutting from full to half to third day updates. How (in)credible is this: "... all the last times I hit the release into that time span ..." Moving the goal posts, I'd say.
How can he say that when in the last time he suposedly "hit the timespan" he was wrong by weeks.
No shame.

And he managed to post all of that, all of it, after saying he would release a time span in the previous post :ROFLMAO:
From all the patron devs I've seen, I've never seen anything like this. Must the perfectionist geniality.

Reactions: Talcum Powder

XTZ Adult Games

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
This is why L&P should've stick with the Twist. It's his story and according to him:

Everything is written for 30 playable days. Getting the twist out of there might have been a big pain in the ass for an already written story with parts, that I'm sure, would have been based on the twist.

I do wonder though, with an already panned out written 30 playable days, why doesn't he just hire a translator to get that thing done during his development time.. I'm sure there's new dialogue getting added, but that should be what? 10%+ on an already written story, so a couple of days of translation in the end?

In an a already written story, translation % should be the first one to go to 90% (at least) no? Just hand whats done on that already written story to the translator, no?

strange..
I really wouldn't know, and neither would you or anyone else.
I've worked as a field-translator for a big military project between a security company from my country to a foreign army (yeah, I've led an interesting life...), and I can tell you that differences between languages are much bigger than mere syntax and vocabulary.
Not only that you can't replace word for word or even sentence for sentence to deliver an idea, but you also have to understand the spirit of both languages and the nuances of their different spoken forms. And I really hope you don't have to translate slang!
If you want to know exactly what I mean, just ask uncle Google Translate ;)

Also, the fact that the game is written, doesn't necessarily mean that all the text is laid down in all it's different parts and final form. And so you have to wait until you actually develop the game itself, before sending it to professional translation.
"Story" and "Script" are usually not interchangeable when you're dealing in cinema, games or even books - though in these cases, of course, the technical terms will differ.

But let me stress this: I have no idea if this is the situation with this game and this dev.
He is the only one who actually knows what takes him time, and what doesn't.
I'm just giving my two cents here, because you raised some legitimate questions, which I think others have here, too, and I tried to answer you to the best of my abilities.

Reactions: Sabertooth__

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I sent him an email, asking if he would make cuts; he said he doesn't cut anything
But, turning to a DLC (Coach Sophia) is as good as a cut. If he follows the logic and does DLC's after he completes the game. He could shift gears and turn DLC's into some of his events. Once again this could lead to a choppy story. GingerSweetGirl would again been proven correct. Just Sayin'.:coffee:

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017

strange..
According to Sabertooth and his conversation with L&P, removing "The Twist" didn't change the story at all.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-130-lust-passion.5944/post-6817230
1635177979183.png

If we take Sabertooth__ statement as fact and L&P did tell him this, all he wants you to do is reinterpret the words that don't relate to "The Twist." So, the phrase from Dylan during the Bikini Event, which is one of the hints for "The Twist," should be seen as she wore the last Bikini for that event, but that doesn't explain the coffee shop talk about Dylan and Zac.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hlextor

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I really wouldn't know, and neither would you or anyone else.
I've worked as a field-translator for a big military project between a security company from my country to a foreign army (yeah, I've led an interesting life...), and I can tell you that differences between languages are much bigger than mere syntax and vocabulary.
Not only that you can't replace word for word or even sentence for sentence to deliver an idea, but you also have to understand the spirit of both languages and the nuances of their different spoken forms. And I really hope you don't have to translate slang!
If you want to know exactly what I mean, just ask uncle Google Translate ;)

Also, the fact that the game is written, doesn't necessarily mean that all the text is laid down in all it's different parts and final form. And so you have to wait until you actually develop the game itself, before sending it to professional translation.
"Story" and "Script" are usually not interchangeable when you're dealing in cinema, games or even books - though in these cases, of course, the technical terms will differ.

But let me stress this: I have no idea if this is the situation with this game and this dev.
He is the only one who actually knows what takes him time, and what doesn't.
I'm just giving my two cents here, because you raised some legitimate questions, which I think others have here, too, and I tried to answer you to the best of my abilities.
I think your statement here is entirely accurate. Especially, the 'we don't know' part. We can make some educated guesses by how things work, as indicated by the dev himself, and that is all. This does not mean our guestimates are incorrect. It just means we have no concrete proof. No 'Deep Throat' to reveal what is behind the screen. I am fairly confident that is a reason he works alone. IMO just that IMO.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
My only problem with AWAM is how long we have to wait to see the follow up to "something".

I want to see follow up to Aiden event, I want to see follow up to Ellie/Julie with Sophia, I want to see follow up to this and that, but it takes a long time to see a follow-up. This is because it takes monthssss to do an update and each update is like half a day, so it feels like it takes ages to see a follow-up but story-wise it does make sense.

I think L&P could have better organised some things and followed up things quicker, but I know eventually this novel is going to be epic when it is much further along in the story, the wait for that sucks but it will be worth it in the end, I just don't want to wait for yearsssss for that though.

In 2022, we need to see some "home runs" for sure.

question but has the bug regarding Dylans points and jogging event been fixed? or will that be fixed in the next update?
I have said there is always hope. I hope your hope is realized.

I am much more of the opinion I will have completed my new home, from the ground up, than I will see any real events in the story. I am pretty sure the Marlins will win the pennant before anything else happens also. I almost guarantee that the Browns will hoist the Lombardi trophy first.:cry:

bayrischman

Feb 27, 2021
I am talking about the start of the event and the points that you need to go jogging with Sophia as for fight it take me a few tries to win the fight.
i have the necessary points. but i can click any way i want it doesn,t work. dylan always loses.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020

strange..
You know it doesn't work that way! Even if he already has a complete script with the dialogs, he changes it constantly while the images are being created. Adjusts it to the images and vice versa, adjusts the images to the dialogs. Of course, as other developers do, you can hang the whole dialogue on just two or three pictures and then move on to the fuck scene. But that's not how L&P wants to tell the story. And I personally appreciate that.
But why he doesn't give the actually finished story to translate after rendering while he reworks the images with PS, I can't explain either. And at this point I would agree with your opinion that he doesn’t want to give up control under any circumstances and that he pays for it at a slower pace of development and frustrated, annoying customers.

XTZ Adult Games

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2020
I think your statement here is entirely accurate. Especially, the 'we don't know' part. We can make some educated guesses by how things work, as indicated by the dev himself, and that is all. This does not mean our guestimates are incorrect. It just means we have no concrete proof. No 'Deep Throat' to reveal what is behind the screen. I am fairly confident that is a reason he works alone. IMO just that IMO.
There are so many reasons for working alone!
:)
It can be wanting to keep your privacy; not having enough income to warrant a paid employee; secrecy of your project; a simple case of misanthropy or a 101 other reasons.

The "We don't know" line is so great... :)

I can give a small - and definitely not representative - example of myself: I have another person working with me sometimes on my story. She is a close friend, and I trust her.
Besides her, there are only three other people who know that I am developing "Saving Paula": My wife, a very close male childhood friend, and a nude-model I've worked with in the past, and I intend to work with her and her friends again for the later stages of my game (and especially on the other games I have planned in this game's universe).
Besides these four people, no one knows who is the developer of "Saving Paula."
The reasons are me wanting to keep my identity secret, so I don't get "burnt" in my day job, and also that it's quite difficult to hire someone when your income from the project is less than 99$ a month... :)

As for other developers reasons - I don't know :)

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
I don't think L&P adressed this issue yet. We'll see if it's fixed in the upcoming update. Not like it matters much anymore since we have the ingame cheat tool now, which makes it possible to add relationship points manually, basically making the whole point system irrelevant. Not a big fan of this tool, to be honest. I don't even understand how this bug made it into the live update anyways. There's like no way to miss it If there's any kind of playtesting before release. And the bug itself probably only takes a minute to get fixed as it's just a simple value.

Edit: @Notretsam You have to add the required relationship points before the event comes up. If you add them during the choice thingy, it won't unlock the event if I'm not mistaken.
The cheat never worked for you(strange) as it worked for me
maybe its like palmtrees said and I was doing it at the actual event, can't remember when I tried it.

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
OK so I put Dylan score at 150 and filthy at 150, and still don't get the scene with Sophia and Dylan running, I did have Dylan go-to self-defence class as well.

what am I missing?

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes