nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
He does have a separate page for his download of AwAm
So only if Patreon creates a fake account, becomes a patron and downloads the game from the download page.
But here's the problem. SubscribeStar is an official thing, AWAM's download page is anonymous.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I think all the minigames created by Pixil, Tomystyle, ... are welcome for L&P, because it creates the impression that fans have played a lot with the character Sophia. Fans who have lost sight of morals and ethics :ROFLMAO:

• Angry
Reactions: Toushiro

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
I'm glad to see some patrons speaking up. I don't think this update will slip to March, but I could see February.

I don't understand his strategy with this announcement. Now he's getting some pushback which should have been entirely predictable. If he wasn't prepared to announce anything he should have just kept quiet until he was ready. This isn't something that you tease, because vague statements don't build hype, they build frustration. I can't help but feel that this whole episode was an unforced error with no real upside but lots of downside. He could have the greatest idea ever in mind, but he should have simply waited until it was ready.

From a marketing perspective it's very dangerous to tell your clients to "trust". If you tell them to trust you and something goes wrong, you have directly put your reputation on the line. It may sound like semantics, but you're better off qualifying the statement. Instead of saying "trust me", say "I believe it'll be worth the wait" or "This new hardware is going to help me create the best version of the game possible." There's a million things you could say, but once you tell your consumer to trust you the pressure is on.
I don't think it would have mattered which way L&P went people would have complained either way. If he says nothing and just works on the next update, people will gripe and say he's not keeping us updated on what to expect and when. Then they'll constantly flood the forum with the usual complaints of when the next update is coming out. If he comes out and gives some general info on what to expect and when, people will gripe and say he's being too vague and he's covering up for something.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I don't think it would have mattered which way L&P went people would have complained either way. If he says nothing and just works on the next update, people will gripe and say he's not keeping us updated on what to expect and when. Then they'll constantly flood the forum with the usual complaints of when the next update is coming out. If he comes out and gives some general info on what to expect and when, people will gripe and say he's being too vague and he's covering up for something.
At least from what I've seen, that's just an issue with L&P. There are devs I support that when we complain, it's because the dev works too hard, and we're worried they're going to burn out (but then, they were pushing to release updates every 2- 3 weeks).

They're are others that admit they've had things like writers block and updates have been small. But then they also release updates to the $1 tier on release day, not staggered.

Last edited:
Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Goga011

Sep 15, 2018
I hope L&P surprises us with something like this: Sophia rejects Aiden's 4th task, talks to Morello and ... comes back to have a "little chat" with Aiden ;)
It would be so naive to think that Morello will do anything for free. In that case, Sofia will surely become his sex slave. I would like to play both of these paths and see Sofia under Aiden's and under Morello's feet ;)

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
It would be so naive to think that Morello will do anything for free. In that case, Sofia will surely become his sex slave. I would like to play both of these paths and see Sofia under Aiden's and under Morello's feet ;)
I think my ideal is someone throwing Neil under the proverbial bus to get Larry out. Not only does that free Little Precious, but for those playing the Dylan/Amber route, frees up opportunities for that too.

Although I do rather like the idea of Neil being such an arsehat that Jules is moves in to the mansion to Ellie's room. Or kicking Dylan out, him moving next door for some Dylan/Amber action, and Jules using Dylan's old room.

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Sofia will surely become his sex slave.
No. This is not going to happen

Last edited:

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I've been saying for the last year that asking the Mafia for help wouldn't be wise but I can't see Sophia becoming Don Morello's sex slave somehow. That's just too predictable & like so many other stories for this Dev. Making a request of the Don, however, would certainly be believable in the direction the story is going. I think that maybe some fans envision the Morello task solution option as though Sophia could call in the services of the ultimate pest disposal experts. That's not how it works & I would have been curious to see L&P's interpretation of the whole scenario.

I say "would have been" because we are into a c2 month wait for the next update & we don't really know if, or when, the Morello option will be carried out. Added to this now is the great "special" mystery. I've never claimed to have the patience of a Saint but I do consider myself a patient man. It's obligatory with AWAM anyway but nevertheless I've decided to just try & put the game into abeyance, until something actually happens, or we receive some definite information.

Stephanie98

Nov 2, 2021
From the sounds of it, odds are likely he's talking with some other developer that understands animations. That's just a guess mind you but logically it's the more obvious answer.
maybe this game lack of sex scene because the dev hardly can make single animation so he leave us hanging with blue ball syndrome

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
maybe this game lack of sex scene because the dev hardly can make single animation so he leave us hanging with blue ball syndrome
If i'm accurate in my guess about his "surprise" being animations, i would imagine many people will refrain from their constant bitching as they'll interpret that as an improvement in quality. Doesn't mean the spicy scenes will come any quicker though. I do hope it's animations though cause that'd at least give people something to look forward to.

Reactions: Stephanie98

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
If i'm accurate in my guess about his "surprise" being animations, i would imagine many people will refrain from their constant bitching as they'll interpret that as an improvement in quality. Doesn't mean the spicy scenes will come any quicker though. I do hope it's animations though cause that'd at least give people something to look forward to.
"Spicy" scenes shouldn't be expected until at least playable day 16.

And with the latest (as I've been saying), problems with Patreon, the game might be abandoned, depending on how many make the shift from Patreon to Subscribestar

Last edited:
Reactions: Adolfo

Jude6

Sep 17, 2017
To play Devil's advocate for a moment -

(Wildly Optimistic Speculation Ahead)
Maybe the second high-spec PC and the teased new feature are in service of DLC, which itself could be a lead-in to a proper backup render-person.

Safe to assume that L&P wouldn't let any newly hired artist just start contributing renders for the base game, but setting some side project, like one-off mini-event DLC, could be used as a staging process to bring someone in full time.

Also, we know that L&P is ass-numbingly exacting when it comes to his rendering process - I could see him coming to the conclusion that the only way another person could possibly recreate his rendering style would be with a machine built and setup by L&P with all the required assets, applications and presets already in place and mailed to them.

Probs not though.
Let's be honest it's probably gonna be some janky, hi-res animations that pop up in the middle of scenes that really don't need animation.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
To play Devil's advocate for a moment -

(Wildly Optimistic Speculation Ahead)
Maybe the second high-spec PC and the teased new feature are in service of DLC, which itself could be a lead-in to a proper backup render-person.

Safe to assume that L&P wouldn't let any newly hired artist just start contributing renders for the base game, but setting some side project, like one-off mini-event DLC, could be used as a staging process to bring someone in full time.

Also, we know that L&P is ass-numbingly exacting when it comes to his rendering process - I could see him coming to the conclusion that the only way another person could possibly recreate his rendering style would be with a machine built and setup by L&P with all the required assets, applications and presets already in place and mailed to them.

Probs not though.
Let's be honest it's probably gonna be some janky, hi-res animations that pop up in the middle of scenes that really don't need animation.
TBH, my thinking is that it's some simple mini-game, that those on Android aren't going to be able to play anyway. So the "need" for a second PC is just for testing

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jude6
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes