kewlbigdan

Feb 3, 2018
So. Trying to take his vague posts and make some sense of it.

- The "Special" things also involves this update.
- We'll get more info after the update.

So...how is that possible? If he added animations, we don't need "new info" . We can figure out that in the update itself. What else could involve this update, yet still need new info afterwards?

So, my new guess. If he isn't doing animations. Is he is going to start a side-story that'll be separate from the main game. Maybe those DLC's that are supposed to happen eventually.

Honestly, not much else is worth hyping and being so vague as to build some suspense. Animations? Ehh. Help with the renders? Ehhh. Voice acting? I suppose, but again way to expensive. He doesn't need a 2nd PC for this either. Side-story DLC? Sure.

Regardless, I can't see this not being a let down. Personally, anything that doesn't involve quicker updates/progression isn't worth it. If anything, this "special" thing will cause it to slow down more. This is the reason why people are frustrated. They like the game, but nobody in their right mind thinks we can go at 1 day per year and finish the game.

To continue the restaurant analogies. Imagine ordering a meal, and you only get one spoonful at a time and have to wait an hour between bites. Is it tasty? Sure...but it's pretty damn frustrating too. You either want more bites, or shorter waiting times. Or both.
For some reason, as you mention it won't be evident until after update, I think this has to do with the patreon mechanics. If you remember a few months ago he said to get the updates you would need to sign on your patreon account in the game. Doesn't Twist already make users do this? I'm not sure why a second pc would be required though.

Reactions: GingerSweetGirl

kewlbigdan

Feb 3, 2018
Sums it up nicely

All the unimportant details aside, can anyone make any sense out of this hot mess? In his first statement, L&P said that we'll be seeing results IN the next update and he'll keep us informed, providing answers once he reaches a certain point in the update's development (whatever that's supposed to mean). This also apparently involves multiple other developers as it appears to be a task made for "them", yet this statement makes it sound like he himself is working on "something special". In his second statement, everything previously mentioned is pretty much over board and we're basically left with a simple "more information AFTER the next update", which already is contradicting with his first statement, and it looks like we're not even getting a taste for this "special" something in the upcoming release, unlike what he had previously said. In his third statement, things become even more confusing. It apparently impacts the upcoming release, but we'll only be getting information about it AFTER the update??? So from my point of view, all we currently have is L&P's word that it's gonna be well worth it, and a bunch of contradictions that make absolutely no sense if you ask me.

Stop panic! I have to do it now because it also already concerns this update! After the update you'll get more informations. And actually I'm heading for the end of January with the release. I'm currently working on it as before and will also work on Christmas btw. Plus I told you that it will be more than worth! So just have a little bit of trust.
This makes sense for a patreon login for updates in the game. He reaches out to other developers not to work on his game but to find out how they embed the patreon login connections. It has to be in this update as it is the foundation for all part 2 updates going forward but it will not be fully evident because it will be implemented on the following update which gives him time to explain it. The 2nd rig is for testing the update process. My thoughts anyways.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
For some reason, as you mention it won't be evident until after update, I think this has to do with the patreon mechanics. If you remember a few months ago he said to get the updates you would need to sign on your patreon account in the game. Doesn't Twist already make users do this? I'm not sure why a second pc would be required though.
This makes sense for a patreon login for updates in the game. He reaches out to other developers not to work on his game but to find out how they embed the patreon login connections. It has to be in this update as it is the foundation for all part 2 updates going forward but it will not be fully evident because it will be implemented on the following update which gives him time to explain it. The 2nd rig is for testing the update process. My thoughts anyways.
Interesting points. The only flaw is that the second rig doesn't need to be a powerhouse in order to test a Patreon login system. But it does seem reasonable to think that the next update will require a Patreon login.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
If you remember a few months ago he said to get the updates you would need to sign on your patreon account in the game.
I already dropped my support because of that when he announced it. I refuse to pay for something like this on patreon when he's suddenly wanting to add in drm software. What i don't get is how he can even accomplish it since patreon doesn't directly host any products on their website. He wouldn't be able to actually integrate the game that way with their site. He'd have to host it on a third party site that provides that sort of a live service that requires a login.

Last edited:

kewlbigdan

Feb 3, 2018
I already dropped my support because of that when he announced it. I refuse to pay for something like this on patreon when he's suddenly wanting to add in drm software. What i don't get is how he can even accomplish it since patreon doesn't directly host any products on their website. He wouldn't be able to actually integrate the game that way with their site. He'd have to host it on a third party site that provides that sort of a service.
Is that the reason for the 2nd rig?

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I've been saying for the last year that asking the Mafia for help wouldn't be wise but I can't see Sophia becoming Don Morello's sex slave somehow. That's just too predictable & like so many other stories for this Dev. Making a request of the Don, however, would certainly be believable in the direction the story is going. I think that maybe some fans envision the Morello task solution option as though Sophia could call in the services of the ultimate pest disposal experts. That's not how it works & I would have been curious to see L&P's interpretation of the whole scenario.

I say "would have been" because we are into a c2 month wait for the next update & we don't really know if, or when, the Morello option will be carried out. Added to this now is the great "special" mystery. I've never claimed to have the patience of a Saint but I do consider myself a patient man. It's obligatory with AWAM anyway but nevertheless I've decided to just try & put the game into abeyance, until something actually happens, or we receive some definite information.
I believe the discussion with Morello is going to be today itself. In the optional morello event. After which he will get to taking care of Aiden and by night or the next playable day Sophia will get the phone call that Aiden has been taken care of. So from Monday onwards Aiden won't bother her or will not be present in her Classes.

I believe it will be such that Aiden will stay quiet in class since otherwise L&P would have to do a few renders twice like he used to do for Emma and Cool Emma, which would be a waste.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
What if the second rig is a server quality rig (would not need the graphics ability). This is where he hosts his downloadable material. You would need access which only his patrons would get. A possible way to control his product. Nah!

Jamboree1996

Sep 13, 2020
Where does one find the event where Sophia and her sister go see Sam's performace? My version .150 does not give me an option to go to that event.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
I believe the discussion with Morello is going to be today itself. In the optional morello event. After which he will get to taking care of Aiden and by night or the next playable day Sophia will get the phone call that Aiden has been taken care of. So from Monday onwards Aiden won't bother her or will not be present in her Classes.

I believe it will be such that Aiden will stay quiet in class since otherwise L&P would have to do a few renders twice like he used to do for Emma and Cool Emma, which would be a waste.
If Morello has "taken care" of Aiden, it only takes one more lesson to show that Aiden has been taken out. Further lessons are then no longer necessary to have them in the game. Or do you mean because of Emma or Janitor Clark?

roro

May 29, 2017
What if the second rig is a server quality rig (would not need the graphics ability). This is where he hosts his downloadable material. You would need access which only his patrons would get. A possible way to control his product. Nah!
He already has a dedicated site where he hosts the downloadable material, so that's probably not it.
I'm guessing it's some kind of a dlc, maybe from Sophia's (and Patricia's) younger days, because every other hot event concerning Sophia will have a consistency problem with the actual VN. On a second thought, it may also be a dlc for side characters, like Alysa (fingers crossed for you - Kiljoys).

Lezgin

Dec 31, 2020
Don Marello is not interested, the tasks will task with him, type go to a jail on a date, or work in my game club. But Eidena Yes, there will be an excitement that the outsider cleaner or the teacher can caress us, for example, the same blackmail

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Don Marello is not interested, the tasks will task with him, type go to a jail on a date, or work in my game club. But Eidena Yes, there will be an excitement that the outsider cleaner or the teacher can caress us, for example, the same blackmail
There will be no more blackmail in the game as Aiden has that honor

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
This can't be the "special" task though. He doesn't need a 2nd rig with two 3090's for hosting purposes or some simple coding and update testing. And it doesn't explain why he's hyping this whole thing up like it's the coolest addition to the game his Patrons have ever seen. In his statements, L&P is literally saying how thankful people will be, how awesome it's going to be, and that it is sooo worth the wait and update delay if it works out the way he planned it. No Patron cares about a login mechanism in-game. If anything, that just makes it more tedious. And, all that aside, it wouldn't make any sense considering his statements about this new addition.

I'm also having trouble believing that it's somehow about DLC content made by several other developers. L&P couldn't even find a single developer he deemed worthy to work on the game, and now all of a sudden he contacted multiple developers to work on DLC's with him? Unlikely.

It can't be about writing, coding or testing either. The only things one would need a 2nd powerful rig for while also contacting multiple other developers, are either animations, or scene creation. But there's something that, atleast to me, doesn't add up. If you delegate this task to multiple other developers, why would you need a 2nd powerhouse of a computer yourself? L&P didn't talk about an actual lasting collaboration with other developers, he's only mentioned a special task. And judging by his statements so far, I don't see this being another developer working next to him on the new rig either. It has to be something we'll be seeing in the game, so I'm thinking it might be animations in the end, and the developers he contacted might be working on a script for his animations or whatever else there is he would need them for.

1572831_Capture.png

This part right here is basically cancelling out all the theories about DLC, coding or a partner working next to him. To me, this screams animations. :D

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes