XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
So the new/special/surprise/whatever thing can be seen in a teaser? That's kinda cancelling out the possibility of animations, no? Also, funny how he's calling high tier patrons "more loyal" just because they're throwing more money into this sinkhole.

Practically done with scene creation, but still requires an entire month to finish the update? So this "new thing" apparently slows down writing and photoshop work aswell? Kinda weird, no? Especially since this update will most likely consist of way less renders than previous ones, and even those barely took him a month to finish the writing/photoshopping. Slowing down progress on literally every front possible.

I don't get why he's hyping this release up as such a super awesome special one, when this new feature will make an even larger impact in future updates. As he said himself in previous statements, we'll only get a first look at this new thing in the upcoming release, implying that it'll likely have an even larger impact in future releases. (And even slower updates aswell?)

Then again, honestly, reading this mess is just as confusing as always. Is he even talking about this "new thing" regarding the teaser, or is it only about the bonus event?

"All I can promise that it will be a pretty special update! When I give you an approximate release time span, you will see at the latest what I was talking about all the time! But for some of my more loayal patrons who just can't wait anymore, I could show at least a little teaser. Only if you won't share it anywhere else, of course!"

Since he was talking about this "new thing" all the time like it's the holy grale of VN's, I'd assume that's what he wants to showcase in the bonus teaser? So what now? Is the bonus event the "new thing", or is there actually a new feature? This entire post is so poorly written, it could've been posted by a 12 year old for all I know. Guess we'll know more once he gives us the approximate release date. Or maybe not...

I still stand by my previous statement that he's likely not even have any helpers and just started working with Blender himself and that's it. Easy (and weak) way to come up with excuses for more delays without taking the blame himself.

Anyway, end of February release means roughly 3 months and 10 days for 1/10th of a PD, and almost 3 years to finsish this playable day 13 if this is the new norm per update. Just wow. Amazing.

As I predicted, any further subdivision of a game day will be used by L&P to become even slower. The idea with Blender would have been useful at the beginning. Now in the middle of the game development, it just doesn't make sense and only leads to everything being delayed even more.

It seems to me that L&P is not so much interested in the game itself, but really just wants to learn another render application. Considering how unrealistic his previous schedule already was, this is just extremely nonsensical. I really hope more of his supporters realize this and look for more useful projects to support.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I'm in that 18%, I don't want to see the spoiler.

The sad truth is that I'm not a patron and I can't get it. XD
NO Spoilers! Totally agree. Did Tolstoy do Spoilers? What About Melville? We know the Bard did not. Hell even Clancy never did spoilers!:giggle::LOL::cool:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Release date aside, the thing I am concerned about is how the new artist (I don't like the term "helper") is being projected here and in the previous communications. It seems to me the that the entire blame of late delivery is being put on the new teammate. It is not motivating for a person to get pinned even during closed discussions, let alone being implicated in the public.
Is it really a new artist? We only have his word for it. I am in the "Don't believe a damn word he says camp!" Just in case you wondered.:LOL:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Is it really a new artist? We only have his word for it. I am in the "Don't believe a damn word he says camp!" Just in case you wondered.:LOL:
It is curious that we don't know who the "helper" is. When the dev for Free Pass got someone to help with editing and translation, they were a fellow patron, who made themselves known.

Last edited:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I think the verbal pressure exerted by his supporters is already very great. And not only his supporters, but also here in the forum he constantly gets to hear criticism about his work speed and work organization. That he feels this pressure can be seen from some of his angry and inappropriate reactions here in this forum. I don't believe that his supporters could force him to work faster by not giving L&P money anymore. Let's assume I'm a lazy developer, or I've run out of ideas. But I have gotten used to the money. But now more and more supporters are leaving, the flow of money is decreasing. This will not change the attitude of the developer to his work. What will happen is that the developer tries with minimal effort to milk his FREE supporters with, for example, monthly teasers. In no case he will work faster again. Real power would get the supporters only if the contract terms would be changed. For example, that a backer could reclaim his money or a part of it if the developer does not deliver. But that would contradict the basic idea of this platform, which is to promote ideas that no one would support in the first place. On if it has now only degenerated into a business model.
If I am understanding you correctly. There are two outcomes. One support the dev hell or high water and hope for the best or do not support and watch him quit.

IF his supporters only do pressure via communicating with him AND do not alter their support there is no reason for him to change (Is this just a continuation of the last 4 years?).

If his supporters instead changed their support he has two choices. Start picking up the pace or abandon. For example let's say all the supporters dropped to the lowest tier of support. If he starts to produce on an acceptable schedule they move their support back to their desired tiers. They would have spoken with their wallets and he has the option on how to respond. Does he pick up the pace and accelerate his production to meet the desired rates? This would be a reaction from a business that was starting to lose customers. Give the customer what they want. If he is petulant, as many are sure he is, this will still not matter. He will just give everyone the fickle finger award and move on. He will become synonymous with Serial Number Comics and ICSTOR. Granted ICSTOR is still raking it in but, I would never support a project he was involved in.

Speaking only for myself I am losing interest in the story all based on 1) the complete failure to have a reasonable expectation of finishing the week, let alone the next 18 days. 2) The Dev himself. I cannot afford the pressurized dive suit to get through all his shit!

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
A lot of talk, a lot of discussion and in the end no one listens from the developers
Developer (singular) and no he does not come here cuz he hates the site. You have read how many of the 4270 pages? You have the desire to be here 42.5 years from now for the finish? Just curious.

Reactions: Alley_Cat

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
So the new/special/surprise/whatever thing can be seen in a teaser? That's kinda cancelling out the possibility of animations, no? Also, funny how he's calling high tier patrons "more loyal" just because they're throwing more money into this sinkhole.

Practically done with scene creation, but still requires an entire month to finish the update? So this "new thing" apparently slows down writing and photoshop work aswell? Kinda weird, no? Especially since this update will most likely consist of way less renders than previous ones, and even those barely took him a month to finish the writing/photoshopping. Slowing down progress on literally every front possible.

I don't get why he's hyping this release up as such a super awesome special one, when this new feature will make an even larger impact in future updates. As he said himself in previous statements, we'll only get a first look at this new thing in the upcoming release, implying that it'll likely have an even larger impact in future releases. (And even slower updates aswell?)

Then again, honestly, reading this mess is just as confusing as always. Is he even talking about this "new thing" regarding the teaser, or is it only about the bonus event?

"All I can promise that it will be a pretty special update! When I give you an approximate release time span, you will see at the latest what I was talking about all the time! But for some of my more loayal patrons who just can't wait anymore, I could show at least a little teaser. Only if you won't share it anywhere else, of course!"

Since he was talking about this "new thing" all the time like it's the holy grale of VN's, I'd assume that's what he wants to showcase in the bonus teaser? So what now? Is the bonus event the "new thing", or is there actually a new feature? This entire post is so poorly written, it could've been posted by a 12 year old for all I know. Guess we'll know more once he gives us the approximate release date. Or maybe not...

I still stand by my previous statement that he's likely not even have any helpers and just started working with Blender himself and that's it. Easy (and weak) way to come up with excuses for more delays without taking the blame himself.

Anyway, end of February release means roughly 3 months and 10 days for 1/10th of a PD, and almost 3 years to finsish this playable day 13 if this is the new norm per update. Just wow. Amazing.
I am not sure why but, as I read your post and the quote from L&P I started to get the mental impression that he was a medieval lord, sitting on his bearskin covered chair in the castle, doling out favors to a select few, all whilst rolling a few ball bearings in one hand and concerned about the strawberry ice cream. :ROFLMAO:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I'm not sure we could say that communication is his weakness. It's been fairly obvious for well over a year now that the problem is what he has to communicate - the substance of what he's saying is the problem. The language barrier may be making it sound worse to native English speakers, but no matter how fluent you are or how elegant your phrasing, bullshit will invariably emit a recognizable stench.
Nail meet hammer!

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
L&P's latest post has created discontent. Unclear, skirting direct statements, half-truths. A mess.
What was he supposed to tell us? Well, what a stupid question ;)
How many renders will the next update have?
What happens during the 4th task?
Who shows up in the bonus event?
Sex in the bonus event? Between who? Dick in pussy? Or dick in mouth? Deep?
Animation? How long? Who's involved? :WeSmart:

sophpa

Sep 18, 2021
L&P's latest post has created discontent. Unclear, skirting direct statements, half-truths. A mess.
Sex? Too early mate. We`ve just waited almost 5 fucking years!

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Sex? Too early mate. We`ve just waited almost 5 fucking years!
It's just over 4 years. "Almost 5" is a considerable round-up.

But yeah, in terms of sex with Sophia, it's far too early. Last information I've seen is that it's scheduled for PD 19, which might be as much as a decade away. Even longer if these delays become the norm.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
It's just over 4 years. "Almost 5" is a considerable round-up.

But yeah, in terms of sex with Sophia, it's far too early. Last information I've seen is that it's scheduled for PD 19, which might be as much as a decade away. Even longer if these delays become the norm.
Actually it is really 5 years.At least according to the dev.
Remember that he claimed the work on the game started after the release of Big Brother.And that was January 2017.
Let's not forget he promised 2 major sex scenes with important characters on day 16.Major must mean full sex.No way to describe a handjob/footjob.titjob etc as a major,not to mention only 2 HJ,FJ,TJ,BJ for a full week and nothng else.
After the underwhelming update of Midnight Paradise(that have 3 full sex scenes and some smaller) I can't see how L&P can even hope to satisfy us with something much smaller.And no I don't mean the number of renders.

Reactions: legolasbaler

Ozdell33

May 8, 2019
Why would I want spoilers, I only check the changelog after playing through to see if I missed something.

Reactions: MoyaPsy
Dec 10, 2021

The update should actually already be out but "the new thing" just drags along, and it's not just because of me! All I can promise that it will be a pretty special update! When I give you an approximate release time span, you will see at the latest what I was talking about all the time!
But for some of my more loayal patrons who just can't wait anymore, I could show at least a little teaser. Only if you won't share it anywhere else, of course!
Or you don't want the surprise to be spoiled and like to wait a bit longer. I'm practically done with the scene creation and heading to finish the update until the end of February.

I'm very impatient and agree to get the surprise spoiled, so just finally show me that damn teaser!
74%
I don't want to get the surprise spoiled and like to wait a little bit more
26%
3 days left
So, ... it seems to me that dev is basically asking more money for his micromanagement and delayed update. :rolleyes: Nice try but this VN is not that interesting anymore. Hopefully, his patreons figure it out soon. :ROFLMAO:

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes