dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
It's about 1/3 done. He has been working on it for about 4.5 years. At current pace it is 9 years until completion not 40.
Your reasoning is off. You don't take into account that the development has slowed down. According to the last year of dev, with 1 PD per year (being really optimistic) and 17 PD remaining, it would take 17 more years at this rate. Some PD could be shorter but it would be disappointing

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Your reasoning is off. You don't take into account that the development has slowed down. According to the last year of dev, with 1 PD per year (being really optimistic) and 17 PD remaining, it would take 17 more years at this rate. Some PD could be shorter but it would be disappointing
Any number of things can speed up or slow down production. Nobody has a crystal ball that will see what will happen.

More frequent releases would increase profits for him.

Reaching the end of the game is never losing money. If anything it is gaining money.

Some supporters only pay for a complete game. Games tend to get a little boost of $ after a completed tag.

With AWAM complete there is no reason not to launch a 2nd game.

"Development Hell" can happen for any number of reasons. It's currently in a slower phase of development, but may pick up in the future or slow down who knows we have no crystal ball.

I hope it gets finished some day.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
"Development Hell" can happen for any number of reasons. It's currently in a slower phase of development, but may pick up in the future or slow down who knows we have no crystal ball.
Sure but the trend has been to be slowing down and never went faster. Splitting PD in 10 parts seems to slow it down even more.

Though we should see an AWAM update more frequently, but if you don't play every paths you can skip a few

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
It's about 1/3 done. He has been working on it for about 4.5 years. At current pace it is 9 years until completion not 40.
Statement of the year right there. lol...

Before L&P decided to go for event-based updates, he's already been working at a pace that would easily result in 20 years till completion. That was when he released 1/3rd of a PD within ~4-6 months, which translates to ONE playable day every 12-18 months, and 18 more playable days to develop and release. 9 years, huh? You do the math.

Now that L&P decided to go for event-based releases and what looks like more than 3 months to release update 1 out of 10 for playable day 13 (yes, 10 updates for this ONE day), the current estimates for the game's completion range somewhere between 40 and 50 years. 9 years...Thanks for the laugh.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Sure but the trend has been to be slowing down and never went faster. Splitting PD in 10 parts seems to slow it down even more.

Though we should see an AWAM update more frequently, but if you don't play every paths you can skip a few
Considering I don't play Aiden's tasks, I'm only expecting about 6 renders of playable content this update. So for me, yeah, not worth downloading, just to see Sophia enter the classroom, a render or two teaching the literature lesson, then her leaving. Maybe a couple of renders of a phone call for the Morello event.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017

I hope it gets finished some day.
The thing is that in these 4,5 years AWAM NEVER speeded up, it only became slower and slower. Your 9 years estimate is way off. With the speed of last year it would still take around 18 years to complete, but that was last year. With the current speed we are looking towards an unsustainable 40-50 years. While I am not that old, I cannot be sure to still be here in 40 or fifty years.
And I truly doubt that L&P would keep on going for a couple decades.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Arguing about the length of time it takes to translate and localize AWAM misses the point. While I agree yihman1 that there's a lot more to localization than a computer can provide, it doesn't really matter when the rendering and illustrating is taking 5 months. After 5 months, who cares if translation take 10 days or 20? Even if L&P got the process down to 5 days, and it was flawless, there are bigger problems to worry about. It would be like arguing over fixing a leaky faucet in your bathroom. Yeah, sure, it's important, but meanwhile the roof is on fire. Let's prioritize the roof first.
I don't agree with this at all because it's a very wrong way of thinking.
Just because a problem is small in comparison to other problems, it does not mean it doesn't need to be solved.

Let's say he will finish this VN. He will have, at least, another ~85 more updates to do (now that he's doing 1/10 of the day).
If in each update he saves 10 days, he will save 850 days by the end of the full run.
That's 2 years and 3 months less time of development of the full VN.

Just because a problem is small in comparison with others it doesn't mean it shouldn't be tackled, specially when it's easy to solve.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
In this thread apparently we do, considering we've nailed his method and the way he thinks/delays update every time. Actually it wasn't that hard since the method hasn't changed since 2019.

Reactions: Turret and Toushiro

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018
Arguing about the length of time it takes to translate and localize AWAM misses the point. While I agree yihman1 that there's a lot more to localization than a computer can provide, it doesn't really matter when the rendering and illustrating is taking 5 months. After 5 months, who cares if translation take 10 days or 20? Even if L&P got the process down to 5 days, and it was flawless, there are bigger problems to worry about. It would be like arguing over fixing a leaky faucet in your bathroom. Yeah, sure, it's important, but meanwhile the roof is on fire. Let's prioritize the roof first.
If you expand the leak in the faucet, that can take care of the burning roof. Sure, you destroy the house, yard and possibly the neighborhood, but the leak is solved, and the roof is no longer on fire. :WeSmart:

Last edited:

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
i dont even read a complete sentence what u ppl discuss here ..
Then how did you compose your answer? Did you just take a guess at what might have been said? If you did you have a future as a psychic, or maybe a fortune teller. On the other hand, if you don't read a full sentence, do you think you might be on the wrong thread?

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
The time estimates are just that, estimates. There is a 0% chance this game will ever be completed at a 40yr pace. Odds are, most of us will be dead by then. Including LP.

9yrs isn't much better, honestly. Sure, it's a shorter timeline. But the odds a game gets developed for ~15 years and completed is also extremely low.

The only chance this game has to be completed is if it can be done in the next ~5 or so years. However, the odds that happens are also slim to none.

We keep focusing on the number of updates. 10 updates for a single day yada-yada. The number of updates do not matter, it's the progress each of those updates make that matters. If each update is just a small portion of the day, and it takes a year to make all those small updates, then nothing really changes. We're at 1day per IRL year spread across 10 updates.

That's the same as 1day per year in one big update. The whole thing with small updates making the development quicker is an illusion. It seems quicker, since the updates are more common, but in reality you get the same amount of content you'd get with the previous update cycle. 1 day per year.

To keep the food analogy's going. Imagine going to a restaurant and ordering a burger. You can either order the entire burger and wait a year for it to be made. Or you can cut the burger into 10 small pieces and eat one of those pieces every 2-4 months. What's the difference? Nothing, you're still going to die of starvation either way.

The talks about "quicker updates" vs "quality game" is a false choice. You can have both. I don't think anyone would complain at all if LP "reduces" the quality of the game back to the earlier updates quality. Back when this was updated regularly, before he fell in love with lens flares and "special" tasks.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Lust&Passion I believe finding 3D artists to hire who can match your quality it's not that impossible as you think.

Look, I went to Daz3D gallery

And there are several artists with impressive renders. Look for example this guy :

main4.jpg 1663557_1644277877012.jpg 1663550_1644277571120.jpg

I went to his youtube channel, where he makes tutorials and certainly you can tell he has a lot of knowledge, and I found his . There he says: "Hey there - my name is Rauko. I'm a 3D artist creating both Safe for Work (SFW) and Not Safe For Work (NSFW) content such as images, animations, visual novels and games. I've been working with various 3d tools and applications over the years but am currently firmly encamped in the Daz 3D field and pumping out images on a regular basis."

And how many patrons he has? 2. It seems that he is not making profit from this right now, so maybe he will be interested in be hiring by someone.

You could write him something like: "Hi I'm the dev from A Wife And Mother, a very popular adult game, and I'm searching for someone who can make "[insert number]" renders per month of this quality. Are you interested? Write me at "" and we discuss the payment."

And you can do that for every artist that can make renders you like. Yo go to the gallery, watch a great render, then you write that to the artist.

There's other great renders by others too:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Lust&Passion I believe finding 3D artists to hire who can match your quality it's not that impossible as you think.

Look, I went to Daz3D gallery

And there are several artists with impressive renders. Look for example this guy :

View attachment 1640838 View attachment 1640837 View attachment 1640835

I went to his youtube channel, where he makes tutorials and certainly you can tell he has a lot of knowledge, and I found his . There he says: "Hey there - my name is Rauko. I'm a 3D artist creating both Safe for Work (SFW) and Not Safe For Work (NSFW) content such as images, animations, visual novels and games. I've been working with various 3d tools and applications over the years but am currently firmly encamped in the Daz 3D field and pumping out images on a regular basis."

And how many patrons he has? 2. It seems that he is not making profit from this right now, so maybe he will be interested in be hiring by someone.

You could write him something like: "Hi I'm the dev from A Wife And Mother, a very popular adult game, and I'm searching for someone who can make "[insert number]" renders per month of this quality. Are you interested? Write me at "" and we discuss the payment."

And you can do that for every artist that can make renders you like. Yo go to the gallery, watch a great render, then you write that to the artist.

There's other great renders by others too:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There' plenty of great artists out there that make even better renders than L&P, specially now that he is becoming a bit cartoonish.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes