armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
It's about 1/3 done. He has been working on it for about 4.5 years. At current pace it is 9 years until completion not 40.
Not really.
You didn't take into account that days 1-9 were done in around year and half.
But next 3 days took 2 years and half.
Not to mention last day(PD 12) took more than 430 days.
And PD 13 doesn't look like will go back to something like 200 days.Or even 300.Or 400.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
L&P and this site do have issues
That is a very nice way of saying it - "issues"(mad scientist laugh)

One thing I don't understand is why his PS and PT starts after CS and RS done? I can understand that CS and RS cant be in different PC it's tough as there are lots of assets and etc, also it's tough to create a scene while the render is ongoing... But he can easily edit or write the script in a different PC while the render is going... That can easily save 10-15 days
If the last 4 1/2 year of AWAM have taught us long timers on the thread anything, then it is that this will never happen. That would be timesaving, something L&P deos not want. It does not matter what he is blabbing about speedier updates and stuff, this never happened at all over the timespan, everything(!) changed resulted in slower updates, no matter the silver-tongued words of L&P.
There is a whole horde of angry snails behind L&P, upset about the humie hogging their side of the road. And the first snails changed into the fast lane to get away from this living traffic jam.

sept0342

Sep 22, 2017
He's doing 5% per day, so it should be done by Wednesday.
Do your days last 72 hours or what?

Edit: Lord_Xanatos's progress posts This'll show you the progress made. I'd say the average is indeed more like 3 days per 5%.
since when does hemake 5 percent a day. who did you get that from.
Progress Report Ver. 0.155. :cool:(y)

100% - 100%
0% - 0%
Hello, I'm quoting you all. We even have one day left to spare.

Thank you.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Ok, tell me if I'm wrong, if the dev reaches 100% of renders and starts editing photoshop, programming and translation and it is assumed that since there are fewer scenes, there will be fewer renders, less texts and less programming, am I wrong? So the percentages should go up faster than 5% a day, right? If not, it will be further proof that he is just looking for new ways to slow down his workflow
Seems reasonable to me!

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
t3alqdansam said:
If doing .150 then save and give it a name. If a prior version then just save. Is that what you are asking?

What I'm asking here is that do I have to play from the beginning after downloading the upcoming update or is there a way to continue from my last saved data from ver 0.150 after downloading the upcoming ver 0.155 in future??
Ah, No one actually knows. He is making a change to the download methodology. Theoretically, you should be able to play from your last save. However, we will be in new territory.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I do not understand nor do I want to get involved in issues on here especially the hatred towards devs.
Dev, singular! Go to the 'A Mother's Love' thread or the 'Where the Heart Is' thread and the devs are respected. They also give respect back.:)

This is my only experience where the Dev is even more vitriolic then most that distrust him. There are a few he cannot compete with.:LOL: Just for clarity's sake.

Jozef Minge

Aug 28, 2017
It will be an interesting month! After about 10 days Art and P&T will be at 100% both, but there will be no update, because the helper probably will not be ready with a special addon. Shit happens....

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
So wonders how long to do this other 15%? ... that's not an invite to start hurling abuse
Just facts. Hurling abuse needs to wait for facts. It sticks better that way. This is his first 1/10th production. The last 15% is an unknown at this point. It should be shorter Should be! L&P also claimed to have hired a writer. This should also add to a theoretical reduction in time. But, we will have a sample when it comes out and then Talcum can look at his algorithm to see if changes need to be made. I have no idea how long it will take. Two weeks seems reasonable but that would be just pulling from the nether regions. I also have no faith in anything about timeframes from the dev. So as of now it is anyone's guess.

Hey, maybe start a thread pool and the winner gets one week of uncommented comments.

Nah!

Reactions: Toushiro

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
It will be an interesting month! After about 10 days Art and P&T will be at 100% both, but there will be no update, because the helper probably will not be ready with a special addon. Shit happens....
I believe the helpers contribution is added in this. Since that is the whole reason why CS and RS where moving slower than usual.

Edit - I see claims on this thread of him having a writer. I don't remember a single statement by him that says he has hired a writer. Maybe I Missed a post or something which is unlikely. So once again this could be the start of another misinformation on the thread.

• Angry
Reactions: Toushiro
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes