bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Not once has anything been mentioned by L&P about DRM.
Yes, it has been mentioned that he is working on a method where people have to be actively logged into his game to download future updates for it. Whether or not he actually follows through on doing that is the question.

Sep 15, 2020

Is it possible to release the update once you have it finished then do a second update once the “add on is done” ?

No, because this would destroy everything! You need to play this scene in its full dimension otherwise the suspense is broken. What I planned is like the essence of this scene without which it won't work.

0.155 will not be released until the addon is done! L&P said that he will be ready with HIS part of update somwhere in a mid February, but the addon depends of a helper and just 30% of work are L&P's share. So, be patient!
So April it is

Facha

Jun 22, 2017
2 weeks from now for me

I think thes lasts updates are coming faster in time, good job to the dev.

this game is Top 3 ever for me, and we only saw a couple of nipples so far..

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Where is that statement from him. Can you please post it here on this thread, to verify your claims.
Oh good lord. Go through the damn thread and search DRM. This has been discussed actively, he was the one who brought it up on his patreon for god sake. The future updates will only be able to be downloaded through the game itself while logged in to one's patreon account. That is a live service. Patreon does not provide anything of the sort, so odds are he's going to be using a third party site to host the download for a dowload people already paid for once. They're just going to be paying for a live service login just to get the damn game update. I don't see that flying with patreon since it'll basically be violating their terms of service.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I would Simply askthis one question to every single "Fan" of Awam. If this man's work style frustrates you, why do you come here everyday to follow it. These are just masochistic tendencies.
That's an easy answer, from my own perspective, I visit to see what other "fans" are saying. I expect nothing from L&P in the way of interaction because he clearly appreciates the fact that he owes nothing to the likes of me, i.e. pirates. That's an issue that doesn't stop some other Devs from discussing the finer points of their games with such knaves but that's their choice.

Things here would be very different if the Dev even came close to doing what he says. Imagine if this forthcoming update had been released nearer to the original schedule & I'm not talking about 1 month after the last one. This discussion would have been buzzing with comments about it & with speculation for the next event. Yes, there would have been negative as well as positive critiques but that's only to be expected with any creative work.

Any change for the better in the pace of delivery would mean less time for talk of development & more discussion of developmentS in the storylines. I've never heaped abuse on the Dev but I've certainly criticised his decisions. Much negative criticism could be avoided, IMO, if communication was better. No, I don't expect L&P to communicate here on F95. Those days are gone. I'm talking about his patrons, messages to whom would probably filter onto this thread. This would involve more openness & transparency, e.g. if suffering from writer's block, just say so & that there will be a delay. I am no longer able to have faith in what he says but that hasn't stopped me liking the game because of its' quality.

At the end of the day it could be said that, "it is what it is" but what's stopping it from getting better, a few harsh criticisms, the Dev himself, both? What if criticism greatly increased, maybe decreased, ceased altogether, or stayed the same. Would anything make any difference?

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017

Is it possible to release the update once you have it finished then do a second update once the “add on is done” ?

No, because this would destroy everything! You need to play this scene in its full dimension otherwise the suspense is broken. What I planned is like the essence of this scene without which it won't work.

0.155 will not be released until the addon is done! L&P said that he will be ready with HIS part of update somwhere in a mid February, but the addon depends of a helper and just 30% of work are L&P's share. So, be patient!
This is ridiculous. How can an add-on for a scene of 1/10 of a playable day take 2 months to make?
Does he think anyone believes this?

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
And I think he is forgetting something, if he does add DRM, it would piss a lot of people off. What's to stop those people from reporting this game to patreon? He is breaking TOS, pretty badly at that. Providing a fake game on the page, incest content, blackmail content, shota content. He'd get banned.
When your own patrons want to report you out of spite for the shit you constantly pull, you don't even need to worry about the pirates. If this game update doesn't come out before the end of the month I have a very strong reason to believe that's the straw that's going to break the camel's back.

edit: any word on the amount of renders and why he's only doing 15% of them everyday?

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
That's an easy answer, from my own perspective, I visit to see what other "fans" are saying. I expect nothing from L&P in the way of interaction because he clearly appreciates the fact that he owes nothing to the likes of me, i.e. pirates. That's an issue that doesn't stop some other Devs from discussing the finer points of their games with such knaves but that's their choice.

Things here would be very different if the Dev even came close to doing what he says. Imagine if this forthcoming update had been released nearer to the original schedule & I'm not talking about 1 month after the last one. This discussion would have been buzzing with comments about it & with speculation for the next event. Yes, there would have been negative as well as positive critiques but that's only to be expected with any creative work.

Any change for the better in the pace of delivery would mean less time for talk of development & more discussion of developmentS in the storylines. I've never heaped abuse on the Dev but I've certainly criticised his decisions. Much negative criticism could be avoided, IMO, if communication was better. No, I don't expect L&P to communicate here on F95. Those days are gone. I'm talking about his patrons, messages to whom would probably filter onto this thread. This would involve more openness & transparency, e.g. if suffering from writer's block, just say so & that there will be a delay. I am no longer able to have faith in what he says but that hasn't stopped me liking the game because of its' quality.

At the end of the day it could be said that, "it is what it is" but what's stopping it from getting better, a few harsh criticisms, the Dev himself, both? What if criticism greatly increased, maybe decreased, ceased altogether, or stayed the same. Would anything make any difference?
The latest update from another dev I had supported is now a few months late and has, now that I think about it, more or less said that he was going through some things and didn't feel up to working on the game.

But he's been very communicative here (and even a little self-deprecating), so I have no problems supporting him again once a revised release date for the new update is set.

Just wish L&P was like that.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020

I don't count you in those "fans", you, GingerSweetGirl KillJoys , you are all not trusting his words and rightly so because he hasn't done anything to gain the trust. I don't trust the fact the next update will be out in 4-5 weeks after this one either. But do any of you whine on the thread everyday about this. You all State your criticisms in a respectful manner. Not resorting to abuses, name calling, taunting and I have nothing against them as there is no hostility in them.

Compare your statements to the "Fans" of this game and you'll see what I am talking about. I am against these abuses and name calling, not against criticising.

You guys are dicontent, so am I, but not to extent that we will cry here everyday. We see the scenario, we move on. My question is hence aimed at those people who get So Frustrated with this that they HAVE TO comment on it EVERYDAY and yet come back to torture themselves with same thing. And its not like they are spreading any positivity. So why torture oneself with this everyday.
And I would understand if such self torture would actually have a goal. This is aimless. What are they trying to achieve by saying it everyday.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Go check his patreon if you want to see his words so terribly bad, i actually was patroned to him for some time but i don't particularly feel like giving you the satisfaction, troll. The posts exist an d it was already posted in this thread thousands of pages back over a year ago. It's why i told you to search the thread with the single word DRM. You chose not to do that, that's on you. Maybe stop being a cunt and people will respond better to you. That seems to be your modus operandi around this thread. You keep polishing him off though. It's not going to get you anywhere other than to look like a complete fool to everyone else in this thread. That said, it doesn't really matter to me cause you're going where you belong, on my ignore list like the punk you are.
No evidence, just blabbering. Bye :)

Last edited:

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
Don't play games. I caught you with the bs and you back pedal.

The irony in you using the word "touchy".

And no, its not.
With all the drama here, as many have noted, I always found you (Except for your bizarre Dylan like :giggle:) very reasoned and non confrontational. The same was true with Mr Bill. Not sure what has happened but, he chose you, of all posters, to actually accuse of being a hater. I just am not getting it.

Reactions: Bishop Robert

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
If he adds DRM, someone will crack it pretty easily. Other developers have put in "patron" only content and codes into games, and they got cracked too. This is a Renpy game, anyone can look into the code.

And I think he is forgetting something, if he does add DRM, it would piss a lot of people off. What's to stop those people from reporting this game to patreon? He is breaking TOS, pretty badly at that. Providing a fake game on the page, incest content, blackmail content, shota content. He'd get banned.

This is a classic "don't bite the hand that feeds you" situation LP wades into if he adds DRM. He needs to get over piracy. Runey, who is a much bigger developer than LP is, is an active and very friendly user here. Other developers who also dislike piracy post here too and are friendly. Meanwhile, LP keeps shooting himself in the foot and being antagonistic towards his main source of fans. People downloading the game on this site.
So true. He has 2 TOS violations. 1. He is hosting a variation of his DOL game elsewhere that Violates the TOS for the incest or Shota. 2. He is hosting elsewhere to avoid TOS. Either gets him in an issue with Patreon. Both likely gets him canned.

This whole issue goes away if he transitions to Subscribestar. He could do it with some effort but, that requires communication and some management skills. Oooops!

Reactions: DIRTY FILTHY Animal

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
No evidence, just blabbering. Bye
This may be it. LP, in his first post about the new chapter, said he is going to make it so you can download the game update via the menu.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-150-lust-passion.5944/post-7009629

• You will be able to update the game via the menu so that you don't need to download the entire game over and over. The game automatically will download just the new content for you.
And this person originally mentioned DRM, as far as I can tell. This conversation has been going on for the past couple months.
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-150-lust-passion.5944/post-7177272

I will give you we have no definitive proof he is adding real DRM, but he obviously wouldn't want non-patreons to be able to download the updates via the menu. So there has to be some sort of verification. But regardless, it doesn't matter. If he tries to do anything, someone will crack it. So this entire thing is a moot point.

And my personal assumption is this is that "add on" he is talking about. Unless the "special thing" and "add on" are somehow the same thing. Which wouldn't make sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sabertooth__

roro

May 29, 2017
Go check his patreon if you want to see his words so terribly bad, i actually was patroned to him for some time but i don't particularly feel like giving you the satisfaction, troll. The posts exist and it was already posted in this thread thousands of pages back over a year ago. It's why i told you to search the thread with the single word DRM. You chose not to do that, that's on you. Maybe stop being a cunt and people will respond better to you. That seems to be your modus operandi around this thread. You keep polishing him off though. It's not going to get you anywhere other than to look like a complete fool to everyone else in this thread. That said, it doesn't really matter to me cause you're going where you belong, on my ignore list like the punk you are.
But Sabertooth is right (and hasn't been hostile to you as you are to him). L&P never talked about drm. This talking about drm is all made up here. The dev stated he's adding a feature so his Patreons can download the new and updated files only and in a semi-automatic way. He very well know it can't and won't stop piracy, because all that is needed to do is pack the VN's folder and upload it here.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes