Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
My graphs are not bullshit at all, they are simply projecting the date he will comlpete 4x100% based on L&P's self-reported progress. They are not prejudicial one way or the other.

I don't track other games' progress or do render counts for any of them, but I'm fairly confident that 5.5 renders per day is piss-poor for a full-time dev.

The stuff happening behind the scenes would be worth considering if this was a one-off. Problem is, the last two updates were very straight forward in terms of production needs and his pace wasn't much better. The last update had about 800 renders if I recall, and he reported 2x100% after 130 days. That's averaging 6.1 renders per day. That is not exactly the mark of a pro.
I think that darji is making a request for the festival (of BS). He couldn't possibly be thinking that there is any iniquity in your method or presentation of the predictive graphic. I'm sure that your contribution is appreciated by most everyone on this thread.
Appreciatively, Jack

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Don't let that poster get to you, you're graphs are great and the effort you've put into them is appreciated.
Thank you for the note. Stuff like that doesn't get to me, just want all the noobs in here (inevitable as new release approaches I've learned) to be clear that the graphs are simply an image representing what L&P tells us about his progress, they aren't intended to be biased at all.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Sorry about the animation, presumptuous to say, but it all seems to have happened after I rendered Sophia in BL and animated her. He asked about bl in the community. It was probably because he saw it that he suddenly added the animation, which was so coincidental
There were already some remarkable animations in the fan art from time ago. Credits for globsis and cheesespread. I did the edition. (The second video has sound)

View attachment 1318437-06c50db798fa844cd847dbd6c67e1d15.mp4
View attachment 910270-35dd5dbcd8c7509f1fb7f158aaa1c4db.m4v

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
There were already some remarkable animations in the fan art from time ago. Credits for globsis and cheesespread. I did the edition. (The second video has sound)

View attachment 1672662
View attachment 1672666
I love how DAZ gets the environment proportions so mixed up. It happens all the time in my scenes, ceilings are too low, hallways too wide, chairs cartoonishly big, it never ends. Everything always feels exaggerated.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
NO... He said that he would have been done a month ago already but there was a lot of organizing. Finding people working with Animations, looks at a voice actress etc.

Also I do m not get the render count. THe most games on here take also 3 month for 350+ Renders as well. But not in this kidn of quality at all. Thats why your graphs are bullshit since there is a lot happening BEHIND the scenes as well.
Considering we had a fan artist doing similar art in a reported 20 minutes per render your point is invalid.

eastdot.

Jan 3, 2022
I love how DAZ gets the environment proportions so mixed up. It happens all the time in my scenes, ceilings are too low, hallways too wide, chairs cartoonishly big, it never ends. Everything always feels exaggerated.
There is a measure add-on you can use that will help you with the proportions.
That first animation is not a good comparison to what animations do in today's games. Daz3d can make good animations but it's not the best software to do them.

Reactions: nexer

darji

Nov 3, 2021
My graphs are not bullshit at all, they are simply projecting the date he will comlpete 4x100% based on L&P's self-reported progress. They are not prejudicial one way or the other.

I don't track other games' progress or do render counts for any of them, but I'm fairly confident that 5.5 renders per day is piss-poor for a full-time dev.

The stuff happening behind the scenes would be worth considering if this was a one-off. Problem is, the last two updates were very straight forward in terms of production needs and his pace wasn't much better. The last update had about 800 renders if I recall, and he reported 2x100% after 130 days. That's averaging 6.1 renders per day. That is not exactly the mark of a pro.
AGain you are just counting days. There are days he is not working on it. There are a lot of days this time he had to deal with other stuff beyond making a game.

1. Having a new Update Function
2. Seeking some help with Animations building a new system for it
3. Looking for a voice actress.

This is not somethig you can do in 30 minutes a day. He also said since this is now finalized and wokring it takes much less time for the next update.

And yes you can call of this festival of bullshit. But he also explained why it took so long how he had to look for new people etc. Why should I not beleive him? He never lied to me in this regard. It is just geting boring. He goes in length explaining the situation and people here whop mostly do not even are patreon crying about why they think this is all a lie and why it takes so long.

Then you and others complain about the amount of renders which even here seems pretty standard for many games as well. Alone in the last few weeks I played a lot of game updates which took like 20 minutes to finished for 3 months of waiting. In a quality far far below of hat this game does.

For The Update I am intersted how these Animations work. When you have 9-10 Animations in 24 FPS and 6? in 10 FPS I wonder when are they being used for. I am curious about the next Update and the bar he will set for this.,

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Thank you for the note. Stuff like that doesn't get to me, just want all the noobs in here (inevitable as new release approaches I've learned) to be clear that the graphs are simply an image representing what L&P tells us about his progress, they aren't intended to be biased at all.
Considering the accuracy of most of your graphs and the bs that user usually spouts to defend this I'd say your graphs are def no bullshit.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
There is a measure add-on you can use that will help you with the proportions.
That first animation is not a good comparison to what animations do in today's games. Daz3d can make good animations but it's not the best software to do them.
I'm not trying to be critical, I actually think the animation is good. It just makes me chuckle a little when I see the proportions.

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
NO... He said that he would have been done a month ago already but there was a lot of organizing. Finding people working with Animations, looks at a voice actress etc.

Also I do m not get the render count. THe most games on here take also 3 month for 350+ Renders as well. But not in this kidn of quality at all. Thats why your graphs are bullshit since there is a lot happening BEHIND the scenes as well.

Talcum Powder graph is very close to being accurate. The problem here was the Project Management, Communication Skills, and Organizational Skills on L&P. L&P injected this animation after the fact and didn't incorporate this into his progress report. So if you look at the timetable, here it is to follow.
  • 11.23.21 - Overview and set the expectation that the updates will be faster.
  • 12.9.21 - First Update/Teaser of v0.155
  • 12.17.21 - Informed Patreon of a thought something "Special." with a possible delay.
  • 01.09.22 - Intermediate Update
  • 01.29.22 - Another Update
  • 02.14.22 - Important Info Update
The problem here was poor planning. At the start of this update, L&P had already set the expectation that the update would be quick. However, he changed his mind after he started the update and went in another direction. He didn't have anything lined up to support it until one month after production began. He told us that he had the help in place in January but had a problem; from there, it took another month to get every in place finally. He was already completed with his portion of the work, and the help was starting from what I can tell when reading this new information. And if you believe in the progress status, One could say that he didn't add in the "Animations" into his progress, which now will cause even more problems for tracking.

Overall, I have no issues if he wants to improve his novel with animations and voice acting, and these animations and voice acting could be excellent. Still, the implementation and execution were horrendous since he had already set the expectation that this was supposed to be a quick update. If he wanted to add animations with this event, he should have planned these several months prior (v0.0130 6.14.21 release) to the start of this update or waited and used this in a future update like the evening event for this PD to give him his team some time to work on the animation. Also, he needs to let people know that if he is going to add special features, don't do it during production and don't set the expectation of quick releases from the start.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
AGain you are just counting days. There are days he is not working on it. There are a lot of days this time he had to deal with other stuff beyond making a game.

1. Having a new Update Function
2. Seeking some help with Animations building a new system for it
3. Looking for a voice actress.

This is not somethig you can do in 30 minutes a day. He also said since this is now finalized and wokring it takes much less time for the next update.

And yes you can call of this festival of bullshit. But he also explained why it took so long how he had to look for new people etc. Why should I not beleive him? He never lied to me in this regard. It is just geting boring. He goes in length explaining the situation and people here whop mostly do not even are patreon crying about why they think this is all a lie and why it takes so long.

Then you and others complain about the amount of renders which even here seems pretty standard for many games as well. Alone in the last few weeks I played a lot of game updates which took like 20 minutes to finished for 3 months of waiting. In a quality far far below of hat this game does.

For The Update I am intersted how these Animations work. When you have 9-10 Animations in 24 FPS and 6? in 10 FPS I wonder when are they being used for. I am curious about the next Update and the bar he will set for this.,
I mean this with all sincerity; how long have you been following this game and this thread?

Reactions: Talcum Powder

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
I'm not trying to be critical, I actually think the animation is good. It just makes me chuckle a little when I see the proportions.
Yeah that's maybe my fault, globsis had done the animation without background and I added a frame from the game as background. Maybe I should put the background in a closer shot.

eastdot.

Jan 3, 2022
On Daz3d basic animations are very easy, you just need to download the animation (sort of like a pose) and then animate/timeline does the rest for you.
However if you don't move anything else you'll get those results. Fortunately devs are turning into blender and other softwares to animate scenes.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I predict an interesting week, a first step has been taken, GingerSweetGirl has changed her avatar :love:

As for the size of the objects, it didn't happen to me. It's possible that some clever dev might have had ideas, like Morello's chair. The chair wasn't deformed by DAZ it's created that way, throne style.

• Haha
Reactions: GingerSweetGirl
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes