SubtleHustle

May 11, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
TLDR;
Fin-Sub? That fetish doesn't float everyone's boat.

My favorite thing is when we talk about the plot of the game.
Which game? The one with the pictures of hem touching and leg caresses or the one played with minds and wallets?

Stockholm syndrome
I'd go with sunk cost fallacy. That relationship you put so much effort into that turned out to be shit. If you(Adolfo) have to type such a long diatribe to explain why you continue to give someone your resources for essentially nothing in return, you must be in denial. Your paltry amount given by itself is insignificant and it's withdrawal would mean nothing to the developer when compared to the rest of the sheeple combined.

Now that that's out of the way. I've been gone for a few weeks, what the fuck happened to the progress bar? It was at 90%+ last I was here, yet the last release date in the OP has not changed.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
TLDR;
Fin-Sub? That fetish doesn't float everyone's boat.

Which game? The one with the pictures of hem touching and leg caresses or the one played with minds and wallets?

I'd go with sunk cost fallacy. That relationship you put so much effort into that turned out to be shit. If you(Adolfo) have to type such a long diatribe to explain why you continue to give someone your resources for essentially nothing in return, you must be in denial. Your paltry amount given by itself is insignificant and it's withdrawal would mean nothing to the developer when compared to the rest of the sheeple combined.

Now that that's out of the way. I've been gone for a few weeks, what the fuck happened to the progress bar? It was at 90%+ last I was here, yet the last release date in the OP has not changed.
This happened

Was supposed to be end of january but then:
  • Only in february 10 he manages to allegedly hire an animator despite
    • ending the last update mid november
    • knowing he wanted to animate sex scenes since 2017
    • the story already being written since 2017
  • once february is getting to the end he says hes going to launch 0.155 in "about 3 weeks" (1 week left) because the animations are getting delayed and they're the best animations that'll make every animation from other games seem mediocre
    • says he'll work on 0.160 while the "special dev" makes the 0.155 animations
  • we're closing in on mid march and no sign of anything close to done, animations at 40/50%
    • he's now back to dropping shit teasers to hide the fact he's about to be 2 months late on what was supposed to be an end of january release.
  • he's at 4 months for not even a full third of a playable day
  • he managed to increase production time to deliver less renders, again
  • also said that if it wasn't for the animations he wouldve ended the update end of january (yeah right)
  • this 0.160 update should be ready in 4-6 weeks he said, lets see about that.

Regarding what you posted form Adolfo, I really enjoyed reading:
  1. "He's not milking"
  2. "I probably wont see the end of this game"

lmao, only someone in denial could think that an erotic game can take 20-30 years to create, L&P really has some patrons by the balls, its starting to get sad

SubtleHustle

May 11, 2017
Another is relationship points (usually only one or two tops) you accrue with characters that then disappear without a trace never to be seen again.
It only feels that way because you won't see them again in a reasonable time frame IRL to remember who they are.

The animator will leave, that's a guarantee everyone should be expecting. I'll be amazed if they stick with him long enough to finish the current animations. He sounds like a control freak and people like that are never worth working for no matter how much they pay you.
Sounds like we've had similar experiences with bad employers. How about that micro-manager that gets pissed when you don't do it exactly his/her way and things go right or blames you when you do it his/her way and shit goes sideways? What's great about a job where you meticulously log your services for billing purposes is you can add nice "fuck yous" in there to document the BS. Yeah, I doubt LP will be able to keep any assistants for more than an update or two. Could be a large part why he has resisted getting any help with development previously.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
You can open a thread where you can cry on each other's shoulder, virtually speaking.

Some cry because they will be too old, others that we will be hit by a meteorite, that we will be conquered by Klingons, ok we still don't know if they exist but who cares... and so on.
OK, 1 post, but guys pages and pages

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
You can open a thread where you can cry on each other's shoulder, virtually speaking.

Some cry because they will be too old, others that we will be hit by a meteorite, that we will be conquered by Klingons, ok we still don't know if they exist but who cares... and so on.
OK, 1 post, but guys pages and pages
Of course Klingons exist. You just can't see them because of their cloaking devices!!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Now back on topic, back to the daily whingeing.....

Mertonus

Jun 11, 2017
this game has come really far since the rpgmaker version......:rolleyes:

Is it just me or were (don't think he changed them) the first days of the game way more risqué?

Like the roleplay as an eastern-European model and not giving a fuck about opening the door in a half-open bathrobe as well as quite openly flirting with the moving crew guys ?

Reactions: pavlogrk

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
So no word when the animation will be released?
How much more time do you think that you can buy L&P?
Are you really Old Dog ?! Never thought I'd read something like that coming from you. What happened?! Did I miss an episode ?LOL

Reactions: RCC14

Akhen101

Jan 15, 2019
Yall are going to be so upset when he releases "0.160" with no animations and says that the animations "didn't work out as planned" or blames his imaginary animator.
1.60 is planned to have no animations. Been mentioned loads of time... No reason to poke the fire that is not there.

Pigeon lust

Feb 9, 2022
this game has come really far since the rpgmaker version......:rolleyes:

Is it just me or were (don't think he changed them) the first days of the game way more risqué?

Like the roleplay as an eastern-European model and not giving a fuck about opening the door in a half-open bathrobe as well as quite openly flirting with the moving crew guys ?
If you think about it, the game has grown in general and the characters have grown, it just doesn't make sense without a team, at this rate, unfortunately, in 4 years we will get what we would get in 2 years with a command and management.
At first, he did a lot of cringe scenes, then he went into more eroticism, the render became more interesting, the characters in the scenes began to look more lively due to manipulations with poses.
Just remember the beginning of the game and a walk around the city when Asian boys looked at Sofia)))

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I don't think he's "milking" in the same way I don't think Oceanlab is milking. They're both artists first, game developers 2nd. LP keeps finding new routes to make and new ways to render, like his latest thing with the god-rays and wanting to make the best animations in the history of the world. Next, he'll probably want cinematics or go crazy with the new volumetrics Daz added. Adding more routes is particularly bad, as LP himself has said he struggles with writing sometimes.

Whereas Ocean constantly remakes things because he wants the best things possible for his game. Not to mention he is making 2 games at once, and has redone them both and still remaking one of them. Another comparison is Enyo, he's remade False Hero about 10 times by now and has never made a deadline (I'm not joking). LP doesn't remake things, he just keeps adding more and more stuff that drags development down the rabbit hole.

I fully expect the animator to eventually leave, or more likely LP will get frustrated and fire them (like he supposedly already did to another helper or two). But speaking of remaking things, you have to re-render animations sometimes, and since LP is the one rendering them, I wouldn't be surprised if he is already remaking one of them, hence the animation progress not moving and the teaser delay.

So, I don't think he's milking. To me, milking = doing as little work as possible with intent to prolong the development process. Or not working at all, while still taking payments. LP does the opposite, he keeps adding more stuff to work on. But I don't think he is serious about completing the game either. He knows this current pace is completely unsustainable. Or if he doesn't, he has horrible awareness.

Either way, this all leads to the same outcome. This game never being completed.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes