palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
You refer to blackmail. Again, that's arguable. A mutually agreed DEAL exists between Sophia and Aiden, established and agreed at the hangout after Dylan and Zac chose to confront Aiden and his gang, and came off worse. Remember, Dylan and Zac chose to challenge an established school hierarchy controlled by Aiden, and unsavoury as most agree bullying is, it exists in RL, maybe even having its place.
Sophia may not like the arrangement with Aiden (despite admitting to each task increasingly arousing her), but agreed and signed up to a deal to protect her son rather than assigning Dylan to another school.
A definite, prescribed agreement therefore exists between Sophia and Aiden, hardly blackmail. Sophia had, and still has a choice to end it remember, there are alternatives.
You pretty much described the definition (or one of the definitions) of Blackmail while saying it isn't Blackmail. Sophia agreed to the Blackmail to protect her son Dylan and his friend Zac from physical harm. So yeah, it obviously is a deal, a deal that is clearly Blackmail and not something Sophia does willingly out of joy or whatever. Having alternatives doesn't make it any less of a Blackmail. You always have a choice with any Blackmail, no matter the outcome, but it's still Blackmail.

"Blackmail is an act of coercion using the threat of revealing or publicizing either substantially true or false information about a person or people unless certain demands are met. It is often damaging information, and it may be revealed to family members or associates rather than to the general public. These acts can also involve using threats of physical, mental or emotional harm, or of criminal prosecution, against the victim or someone close to the victim. It is normally carried out for personal gain, most commonly of position, money, or property."

In this case it's the threat of physical harm against her son and his friend. Clearly Blackmail.

Apr 1, 2022
You pretty much described the definition (or one of the definitions) of Blackmail while saying it isn't Blackmail. Sophia agreed to the Blackmail to protect her son Dylan and his friend Zac from physical harm. So yeah, it obviously is a deal, a deal that is clearly Blackmail and not something Sophia does willingly out of joy or whatever. Having alternatives doesn't make it any less of a Blackmail. You always have a choice with any Blackmail, no matter the outcome, but it's still Blackmail.

"Blackmail is an act of coercion using the threat of revealing or publicizing either substantially true or false information about a person or people unless certain demands are met. It is often damaging information, and it may be revealed to family members or associates rather than to the general public. These acts can also involve using threats of physical, mental or emotional harm, or of criminal prosecution, against the victim or someone close to the victim. It is normally carried out for personal gain, most commonly of position, money, or property."

In this case it's the threat of physical harm against her son and his friend. Clearly Blackmail.
I think one of the reasons why he deleted the twist with Dylan.

Reactions: palmtrees89

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
Poser Voyeur, I'm thinking we are now into the 2040's, given 18 playable days left and more than 1 year (at current pace)/playable day update. To put it in perspective, AWAM's total development time will, if completed, span as much time as the period from the end of WW I to the beginning of WW II.

How many more playable days will go by before we get the...' Renpy/Daz/xyz software has changed so much that I am going to have to do a remaster, starting from day 1, but it's okay - everything will be in 8K with many animations (getting pushed on a swing, jumping on a trampoline, drinking coffee).'
I understand. I was trying to be optimistic!!

• Haha
Reactions: t3alqdansam

Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020

Interesting, I see you had to look up definitions to prove your point before responding. Presumably because you weren't sure yourself. That's ok. My posts are here to comment, argue and explore various facets of AWAM, so you and others can take it which way you want, there's no winning or losing. If I'm wrong, or you disagree I'll hold my hands up.
Only one thing.
Your definition clearly states blackmail involves threat of revealing or publicising true or false information. You just wrote it. Only I see no conflict or debate about information here in any form, true or false.
So unfortunately for you, your argument doesn't apply in our exchanges because Aiden is insuring Dylan and Zac against assault (which the two boys first instigated themselves) if Sophia agrees to their demands via a closed ended deal made with mutual agreement. Which is entirely different, especially when Sophia has a clear choice to remove Dylan to another school and opt out. Blackmail is far more sinister and frightening with little or no options for the victim.
Also worth remembering, had Zac and Dylan gone through the correct channels in challenging Aiden's bullying regime instead of going in feet/fist first, then none of this would have happened in the first place.
Perhaps you'd care to respond so we can leave this on a mutually happy note, or even agree to disagree. Cheers.

naughtynafz

Creating "Aiden's Revenge"
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
I don't think no one it's more dangerous than Aiden in the gang. There is no realism at any point in this game. Being so demanding with the detail of the clothes is absurd. I think the game is following its own rules. From 1 to 10 how realistic is this game for you?

View attachment 1786880
play the good wife path and you will get some realism

follardo

Aug 26, 2017
play the good wife path and you will get some realism
I said that long before.

follardo said:
A WIFE AND A MOTHER, HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO?
Name of the game give you a clue what the game is about. Looks like question "how far you go?" it's not for Sophia, it's for player. You always have Good Wife or Filthy choices. If you want a completely realistic game, you have the green button option. If you want a corruption game sacrificing pure realism, you have the red button. So the game is made for all kinds of players.
(7) [VN] - [Ren'Py] - A Wife and Mother [v0.160] [Lust & Passion] | F95zone

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
Interesting, I see you had to look up definitions to prove your point before responding. Presumably because you weren't sure yourself. That's ok. My posts are here to comment, argue and explore various facets of AWAM, so you and others can take it which way you want, there's no winning or losing. If I'm wrong, or you disagree I'll hold my hands up.
Only one thing.
Your definition clearly states blackmail involves threat of revealing or publicising true or false information. You just wrote it. Only I see no conflict or debate about information here in any form, true or false.
So unfortunately for you, your argument doesn't apply in our exchanges because Aiden is insuring Dylan and Zac against assault (which the two boys first instigated themselves) if Sophia agrees to their demands via a closed ended deal made with mutual agreement. Which is entirely different, especially when Sophia has a clear choice to remove Dylan to another school and opt out. Blackmail is far more sinister and frightening with little or no options for the victim.
Also worth remembering, had Zac and Dylan gone through the correct channels in challenging Aiden's bullying regime instead of going in feet/fist first, then none of this would have happened in the first place.
Perhaps you'd care to respond so we can leave this on a mutually happy note, or even agree to disagree. Cheers.
Technically speaking, what Aiden (but also Bennet) is doing is extortion. Blackmail is a form of extortion limited to asking money/services under the threat of releasing compromising information. Extortion is a more general crime that instead includes asking money or services from another person (e.g. sexual favours in basically all VNs of the genre here) under the threat of, among others, physical violence (e.g. beating Dylan and Zac).

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2022

Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020
Technically speaking, what Aiden (but also Bennet) is doing is extortion. Blackmail is a form of extortion limited to asking money/services under the threat of releasing compromising information. Extortion is a more general crime that instead includes asking money or services from another person (e.g. sexual favours in basically all VNs of the genre here) under the threat of, among others, physical violence (e.g. beating Dylan and Zac).
Thanks for adding to this. What Sophia and Aiden are up to, and the subliminal games they are playing are open to interpretation but in essence, yes, I agree with your explanation.
Incidentally, even L&P has used the term blackmail, but judging by the overwhelming number of comments posted on this platform, few agree with anything L&P puts to them.

Reactions: xxxorro

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Interesting, I see you had to look up definitions to prove your point before responding. Presumably because you weren't sure yourself.
I was simply copy pasting the definition for you as you were seemingly unaware what Blackmail was, based on your previous post. I wasn't the one stating that it is not Blackmail, because it's clear as day that it is. Probably because I already knew the definition (not word for word obviously as I'm no robot)?

So unfortunately for you, your argument doesn't apply in our exchanges because Aiden is insuring Dylan and Zac against assault (which the two boys first instigated themselves) if Sophia agrees to their demands via a closed ended deal made with mutual agreement.
Once more you explain with your own words what the Blackmail is in this case. "Aiden is insuring Dylan and Zac against assault if Sophia agrees to their demands". I leave the rest out of it because this is all we need to know that this is infact Blackmail. Sophia is being coerced into doing 12 tasks for Aiden in order to protect her son and his friend from physical harm. It doesn't matter if she has other choices. Sophia did agree to the Blackmail, or the deal as you call it.

Blackmail can involve but is not limited to information, which is also mentioned in the quote I copy pasted for you. Did you not read it?

"These acts can also involve using threats of physical harm to the victim or someone close to the victim. It is normally carried out for personal gain."

The victim in this case is Sophia. The ones close to the victim being threatened with physical harm are the victim's son(Dylan) and his friend(Zac). The person carrying it out for personal gain is the Blackmailer(Aiden). His gain is control over the victim for 12 tasks of his choice, sexual in nature, which is his demand, his Blackmail.

Talcum Powder

Feb 14, 2018
Just for the record: Aiden is using extortion, not blackmail. Extortion is specifically using the threat of violence to coerce someone into doing something they wouldn’t choose to do without the threat of violence.

Blackmail is specifically using the threat of revealing information that could jeopardize the victim’s status or otherwise embarrass them as a means of coercing them into doing something they wouldn’t otherwise want to do.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Just for the record: Aiden is using extortion, not blackmail. Extortion is specifically using the threat of violence to coerce someone into doing something they wouldn’t choose to do without the threat of violence.

Blackmail is specifically using the threat of revealing information that could jeopardize the victim’s status or otherwise embarrass them as a means of coercing them into doing something they wouldn’t otherwise want to do.
Yes and no. What you specify as Blackmail is wrong. Blackmail comes in many colors. What you're saying about extortion is also not quite right.

"Blackmail is an insidious form of coercion, a criminal act that uses threats or violence to force a victim to act against their interests. Coercion crimes differ based on the leverage used against the victim and the demands of the perpetrator."

"Though blackmail can happen in a range of very different circumstances, in most cases it can be classified into three broad types: extortion, coercion, and commercial pressure. Extortion usually involves some sort of monetary transaction in exchange for keeping certain information private."

Blackmail is the broader term for many things, but extortion normally includes a monetary gain for the offender to not reveal whatever information about the victim, not so much the threat of violence.

Last edited:
Reactions: hzjujk and dolfe67

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017

Sophia meets Aiden, dressed about the way he told her. (This passage unfortunately got lost during the script was being sent back and forth for editing. I post added it again. Aiden tells Sophia how to dress after she fulfilled the 4th task).
Of course Aiden is not alone like expected. Sophia just wants to know what the hell he wanted to tell her, to also get the hell out of this place asap.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes