armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
It's likely to be another 2 years or more. It's when consideration is given to factors of this kind & how each route progresses at the pace of a moving continent, that the over-arching ludicrousness of the situation really hits home. It's so slow, it's almost funny. [I said almost]. Well, "you've got to laugh, or else you'd cry" according to 'Tom Hark'.

"Motivation" is a topic within HR, that has books, articles, training films, lectures, letters, debates, etc., etc., devoted to it, many of which are within my working life experience. Yet I havn't got a friggin' clue when it comes to the Dev & AWAM.
I'm pretty sure if the next task is on PD 16,it will be way more than 2 years.
After all,we still have 4/5 of PD 13 to be done.That alone will take 10 months in mega,ultra,super optimistic way.15 months sounds more reasonable,but even 20 months will be not a surprise.
Then PD 14-at least another 12-24 months.
PD 15-I surely don't expect 2 or 3 months,even for this day with only 2-3 events.

Archimondik3234

May 30, 2021
I love games where WOMAN is MC !! (since too many are male based)

But...that said...

This is why I hate games with zillion characters who's jus added to no reason at all...

Lemme be clear in 6 years of nothing :

- first we had provoke that METRO rape scene - still nothing to this day
- also at the beginning mailman delivering package and black workers I forgot their names - again still nothing since
- aunt and her husband flirt at their home - to no avail to this day
- shower with big BBC black dude a janitor in school, I looked forward for this scene - disappointment also till now
- hood buddy of hubby after drunk sport night and toilet scene and slap - nothing to this day bout him
- massage and gym guys
- 3 kids infront museum who asked phone numbers from aunt and her sis Sophia
- 3 children that Sophia mentor
- 2 grandpas in hospital
- and so and sooo etc. ETC

(so why turning focus on MORELO or AIDEN when all those previous - by my opinion BETTER SCENES AND PLOTS would be waaay much better especially janitor my fav scene in the game after shower in school) !!!???
very primitive , the game is specially stretched, every day is eventful for him. Morning, afternoon, evening, night. A lot of events, dating, additional forks. Each small event takes at least a month. That's why

Ruby Tuesday

Jun 29, 2020
I love games where WOMAN is MC !! (since too many are male based)

But...that said...

This is why I hate games with zillion characters who's jus added to no reason at all...

Lemme be clear in 6 years of nothing :

- first we had provoke that METRO rape scene - still nothing to this day
- also at the beginning mailman delivering package and black workers I forgot their names - again still nothing since
- aunt and her husband flirt at their home - to no avail to this day
- shower with big BBC black dude a janitor in school, I looked forward for this scene - disappointment also till now
- hood buddy of hubby after drunk sport night and toilet scene and slap - nothing to this day bout him
- massage and gym guys
- 3 kids infront museum who asked phone numbers from aunt and her sis Sophia
- 3 children that Sophia mentor
- 2 grandpas in hospital
- and so and sooo etc. ETC

(so why turning focus on MORELO or AIDEN when all those previous - by my opinion BETTER SCENES AND PLOTS would be waaay much better especially janitor my fav scene in the game after shower in school) !!!???
....and you've listed only a few! There are so many other threads, many of which have been discarded or left at the player's discretion to continue or follow an alternative route.

See how complicated and time consuming the story content becomes!

Still, my advice is to stick with it, the all round quality is pretty well unmatched elsewhere and the renders have massively improved from primitive beginnings. It just needs a LOT of patience!

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
....and you've listed only a few! There are so many other threads, many of which have been discarded or left at the player's discretion to continue or follow an alternative route.

See how complicated and time consuming the story content becomes!

Still, my advice is to stick with it, the all round quality is pretty well unmatched elsewhere and the renders have massively improved from primitive beginnings. It just needs a LOT of patience!
Patience will help if we are talking for another 5 years.Sadly the case now is at least 15 years.
We need a time machine.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure if the next task is on PD 16,it will be way more than 2 years.
After all,we still have 4/5 of PD 13 to be done.That alone will take 10 months in mega,ultra,super optimistic way.15 months sounds more reasonable,but even 20 months will be not a surprise.
Then PD 14-at least another 12-24 months.
PD 15-I surely don't expect 2 or 3 months,even for this day with only 2-3 events.
If such turns out to be the case, my pessimistic side could reasonably assume that task 4 is the last we''ll see. There's only one (near) certainty with AWAM, which is that it will always be at a slow pace. That, in itself, is not a sure indication of abandonment. I've played games where updates took a year to appear but the projects/stories weren't abandoned. [This happened where the Devs had full-time jobs etc. & of course RL took precedence]. Admittedly these stories were not as complex as AWAM.

I'm not aware of L&P's situation so will say no more on that topic. What concerns me is the apparent lack of any attempt to tackle the issue of the inescapable fact that we're looking at decades before AWAM can logically conclude. There has AFAIK never been even a hint that this is something the Dev wishes to address, unless the methods adopted to speed things up, which resulted in slowing them down, are to be counted. [Fairness demands that these be taken as well-intentioned failures].

It's a case of "it is what it is", "take it or leave it". So we pirates but of more relevance, the paying Patrons, take it. This being so I can only hope that the Dev makes some tough decisions & soon. There are several fans on this thread with project management experience. I can only really speak for myself but I'm guessing that free advice, (which can be taken or left), would be forthcoming from those who wish AWAM success, should L&P choose to ask for it.

This is not determined by a set of arrogant assumptions because individuals have different skill sets & one person can't excel at all those required to complete a complicated VN, if they're "going it alone". Better communication would be a good start, in order for fans to more fully appreciate the problems involved & to be able to come up with appropriate suggestions for creative solutions.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
It's his game, i don't think anybody but him can decide the faith or the pace of it.

It's like going to see a soccer game and trying to decide the result or how it should be played. we are only supporters, not decision makers. If you don't like the way it is there are plenty other good games here that have even weekly updates. So you will have no time to be frustrated.

If i were him i will hit the brakes even more just to remind everyone who's in charge. haha
Well said? Just joined & you've already reached a conclusion about what's going on? Currently we're looking at 2 & 1/2 years for 1 playable day. I offer help voluntarily. You say what you said. He's been hitting the brakes for years. (He regularly conducts master classes). Now they're getting worn out. Maybe he'll replace them & stop altogether, which looks quite likely at present. It's his game. So what? It's in the public domain. We shouldn't criticise or offer advice, even after 5 years?

You're soccer analogy is good. I was a soccer, or football, (as the other 95% of playing nations call it), supporter for decades. I still follow it but on TV these days. I seem to remember that when the team was flagging, we would shout encouragement. When they played badly, we let them know, loudly & with many choice expressions. We also gave advice from the terraces, which the team could take or leave. Why? Because that's what the dedicated football (soccer) fan does.

As for other good games. I've played a lot of them. Now I don't.....just 1 or 2....my choice. AWAM is the only game to still get me to put fingers to keyboard to this extent, because I want to see it succeed. That's in the balance at present IMO. There's ways & means of assisting this if the Dev decided to avail himself of the same but if AWAM doesn't carry on, or slows down even more, I'll just do what we did at the end of a losing match & have a pint of beer....& no I won't be crying into it but it will still be a sad situation for the fans.

Last edited:

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I hope he will delay this upcoming update for months haha. So i can keep having fun reading these comments full of wisdom.

Do you feel in charge ? hahaaa
No, that's not possible in this situation but you can read the "comments full of wisdom" (your words) & you'll learn something. Don't worry about delays because they are absolutely guaranteed. You'll be happy here.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes