Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Awam ain't the only game that's slow on updates Jessica o Neil hard news and foot of the mountain are the same way
And the relevance for AWAM? It does not get better that we have other equal jokes of developers around! Besides, the known scope of the games you mentioned is less "grand". There is still some hope that these will get finished. Would not bet on it, but there is more hope than with AWAM. Because with AWAM we know the number of parts to be done and we can extrapolate from the abyssally slow development, that unless a massive change in speed and will pops up, this game is doomed.

To put it bluntly, there is much more hope that the rework of "Where it all began" will get finished some day than AWAM. Cause the developer of WIAB is an ultra-perfectionist. If you read some of his dev update posts you´ll know what I mean. L&P on the other hand lies when he opens his mouth.
But the point is, that WIAB for all it´s pauses and stuff is more likely to be finished than AWAM, that is clear by just reading some posts of Oceanlab and compare it to those made by L&P.

karleston

May 20, 2022
Some people here are talking like they know everything. How he thinks, what is he gonna do next. How it will end up.

Take a look at this

Do you really think he will come out in public and basically admit that everyone was right? No way. He will just create another patron page and leave that one for abandonment while getting the patreon money from the lazy who won't notice and cancel their sub.
Full of certainties... Like he is reading his mind. Maybe it's time to question the way you behave in a public place like that.

If he wants to abandon the game he will do it. And he HAS THE RIGHT to do so. It's his game.
Supporting someone on patreon doesn't give you the right to dictate what he should do with his life for the next 10 years.

Or maybe he can't do it because it will piss off a bunch of delusional pirates on F95?

Getting emotional over a game and constantly attacking the author will never resolve the current issues. Unless you are not trying to improve the situation but you just wanna tranish it's reputation which would explain this toxic behaviour.

A lot of people are pissed with this game (including me). because it has the potential to be one of the best.

But they don't make it a personal affair like you guys do. They just say what they wanna say and they move on. And everybody respect that.

They don't sh*t post the thread every hour with blatant lies and approximations.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Some people here are talking like they know everything. How he thinks, what is he gonna do next. How it will end up.

Take a look at this

Full of certainties... Like he is reading his mind. Maybe it's time to question the way you behave in a public place like that.

If he wants to abandon the game he will do it. And he HAS THE RIGHT to do so. It's his game.
Supporting someone on patreon doesn't give you the right to dictate what he should do with his life for the next 10 years.

Or maybe he can't do it because it will piss off a bunch of delusional pirates on F95?

Getting emotional over a game and constantly attacking the author will never resolve the current issues. Unless you are not trying to improve the situation but you just wanna tranish it's reputation which would explain this toxic behaviour.

A lot of people are pissed with this game (including me). because it has the potential to be one of the best.

But they don't make it a personal affair like you guys do. They just say what they wanna say and they move on. And everybody respect that.

They don't sh*t post the thread every hour with blatant lies and approximations.
Come back after 5 years of AWAM & post this, or similar, after a screed of unfulfilled promises & "might have beens," have done their rounds. Myself & others have made so many suggestions & constructive criticisms over the years, I've lost track of them all. They were well-intentioned, even though they were unlikely to be accepted. Every single one was ignored, as is the Dev's choice & right but don't come back at the few who speak the truth & castigate them for some of the aforementioned "unfounded criticism." We are negative for some sound reasons. This state of affairs has grown over the years & has deteriorated along with the game. That isn't emotion talking, just cold facts.

Personally, I'm tired of having to justify my pirate opinions, especially to relative newcomers who label me "delusional," after so many years playing AWAM, (from PD2). They are pirate opinions, nothing more but as far as I'm concerned, they don't count for less. I leave it to others to think that & it's true, I don't really care what they think but I won't tolerate false information. So the Dev owes me nothing, I get that but so what? Could this be some hideous ingratitude? No, because he doesn't actually supply us pirates with anything. He owes us nothing & he gives us nothing, so that's fair. It's somebody else who does that. He did give us pirates the endearing term of "rats," so that was something, I suppose, because he acknowledged their existence. Most fans, whether Patron or pirate, began playing AWAM with nothing but a large portion of good will towards it & the Dev, along with a self-interested hope for his ongoing success. I really can't stress this point enough.

Nobody expects to like everything about the games/VNs they follow, whether they pay or not, because it's virtually impossible. That gives Devs a lot of necessary leeway. What often happens, however, is that after a length of time, updates reduce in size, writing decreases in quality, enthusiasm wanes as excuses multiply, development progress slows down etc., etc. These are the signs of probable abandonment, which have been witnessed throughout this forum. (They've applied to AWAM for several years now, which may mean it won't be abandoned but carry on until 2050 & beyond.....?!?!?). These factors impact all fans, whatever their preferences, whether they are ecstatically happy with the situation, or in the process of deciding to stop playing.

No-one is claiming to know the Dev's mind or specific thoughts on this. Talk of abandonment is just a reflection of the state of AWAM & the direction it seems to be heading. If the Dev wants to abandon it, fine but I wish he would get on with it & leave it on some sort of a high, rather than whatever it is he's doing. I've even suggested dropping AWAM & returning, (after a decent interval), with a game focussed on the further adventures of Dylan. That's absolutely not what I wish but is the logical next step for a VN in freefall AFAIC, if he sticks with the current title.

Only two concrete facts apply, which is, that nothing the Dev does will be acknowledged as due to pirates. Why post comments at all then, you might ask. Simple, because he occasionally reads this forum & might at some point be influenced, given that it's still not too late to get this VN back to the level of creativity & quality it used to possess. That other fact is that the Dev doesn't need "righteously" outraged defenders because although he, like the rest of us, doesn't care for criticism that he doesn't see as constructive, he's quite capable of ignoring every last paragraph of it, without assistance.

karleston

May 20, 2022
Come back after 5 years of AWAM & post this, or similar, after a screed of unfulfilled promises & "might have beens," have done their rounds. Myself & others have made so many suggestions & constructive criticisms over the years, I've lost track of them all. They were well-intentioned, even though they were unlikely to be accepted. Every single one was ignored, as is the Dev's choice & right but don't come back at the few who speak the truth & castigate them for some of the aforementioned "unfounded criticism." We are negative for some sound reasons. This state of affairs has grown over the years & has deteriorated along with the game. That isn't emotion talking, just cold facts.

Personally, I'm tired of having to justify my pirate opinions, especially to relative newcomers who label me "delusional," after so many years playing AWAM, (from PD2). They are pirate opinions, nothing more but as far as I'm concerned, they don't count for less. I leave it to others to think that & it's true, I don't really care what they think but I won't tolerate false information. So the Dev owes me nothing, I get that but so what? Could this be some hideous ingratitude? No, because he doesn't actually supply us pirates with anything. He owes us nothing & he gives us nothing, so that's fair. It's somebody else who does that. He did give us pirates the endearing term of "rats," so that was something, I suppose, because he acknowledged their existence. Most fans, whether Patron or pirate, began playing AWAM with nothing but a large portion of good will towards it & the Dev, along with a self-interested hope for his ongoing success. I really can't stress this point enough.

Nobody expects to like everything about the games/VNs they follow, whether they pay or not, because it's virtually impossible. That gives Devs a lot of necessary leeway. What often happens, however, is that after a length of time, updates reduce in size, writing decreases in quality, enthusiasm wanes as excuses multiply, development progress slows down etc., etc. These are the signs of probable abandonment, which have been witnessed throughout this forum. (They've applied to AWAM for several years now, which may mean it won't be abandoned but carry on until 2050 & beyond.....?!?!?). These factors impact all fans, whatever their preferences, whether they are ecstatically happy with the situation, or in the process of deciding to stop playing.

No-one is claiming to know the Dev's mind or specific thoughts on this. Talk of abandonment is just a reflection of the state of AWAM & the direction it seems to be heading. If the Dev wants to abandon it, fine but I wish he would get on with it & leave it on some sort of a high, rather than whatever it is he's doing. I've even suggested dropping AWAM & returning, (after a decent interval), with a game focussed on the further adventures of Dylan. That's absolutely not what I wish but is the logical next step for a VN in freefall AFAIC, if he sticks with the current title.

Only two concrete facts apply, which is, that nothing the Dev does will be acknowledged as due to pirates. Why post comments at all then, you might ask. Simple, because he occasionally reads this forum & might at some point be influenced, given that it's still not too late to get this VN back to the level of creativity & quality it used to possess. That other fact is that the Dev doesn't need "righteously" outraged defenders because although he, like the rest of us, doesn't care for criticism that he doesn't see as constructive, he's quite capable of ignoring every last paragraph of it, without assistance.
OK. Of course he is gonna listen. He didn't listen for the last 5 years but now he is gonna listen or be "influenced" like you said. Doing the same things over and over and expecting a different outcome. I'll let you find the word that describes this behaviour.

The only thing you are doing is making this thread toxic. And i don't care if the dev is a liar toxic full of bad habits person. I just don't care but you guys seems to do like you wanna be friends or something. Yea i forgot about the rule of attraction like attracts like.

Being here for the last 5 years doesnt give you the right to look down on people. I even think it's the contrary. You are unhappy with the current situation fine move on. the door is open. And you can't figure this out on your own for the last 5 years ? hehe

You are tired of justifying your opinion. What about of we are tired of reading toxic people?

As for " the Dev doesn't need "righteously" outraged defenders " I DEFEND WHOEVER I WANT TO AND HOWEVER I WANT TO.

And shaming people because they have different opinions on the subject shows how "openminded" you guys are.

Last answer so don't bother

Totortito

Aug 25, 2019
As others have posted, there was no progression in my save for the second update in a row. She goes to school, teaches, goes home, lies on the couch, to be continued. Splat.

To the person who wrote they were 63 y/o. I am older, believe it or not and while I've refrained from adding to all the animosity leveled against this dev, internally I'm dragging him over the coals.
the same problem here played the game for a second time and its the same... i download the saved game and the same thing no progression.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
OK. Of course he is gonna listen. He didn't listen for the last 5 years but now he is gonna listen or be "influenced" like you said. Doing the same things over and over and expecting a different outcome. I'll let you find the word that describes this behaviour.

The only thing you are doing is making this thread toxic. And i don't care if the dev is a liar toxic full of bad habits person. I just don't care but you guys seems to do like you wanna be friends or something. Yea i forgot about the rule of attraction like attracts like.

Being here for the last 5 years doesnt give you the right to look down on people. I even think it's the contrary. You are unhappy with the current situation fine move on. the door is open. And you can't figure this out on your own for the last 5 years ? hehe

You are tired of justifying your opinion. What about of we are tired of reading toxic people?

As for " the Dev doesn't need "righteously" outraged defenders " I DEFEND WHOEVER I WANT TO AND HOWEVER I WANT TO.

And shaming people because they have different opinions on the subject shows how "openminded" you guys are.

Last answer so don't bother
I never attempt to shame people, nor do I look down on anyone. That's just not true. You may have confused robust answers with these unwelcome attributes. We all have different opinions here & make them heard whether or not you care to consider them "toxic." It's the Dev's creation I used to like. Pirates don't expect or want him as a friend. If you choose to take something a certain way, that's entirely up to you. When it comes to the Dev listening or being influenced, I'm not insane, as you so tactfully suggest, (who's toxic again?), because anything can change radically at any time, didn't you know that? You'll find that out one day. You carry on defending AND SHOUTING ABOUT IT. Sing his praises, if you want & see if it gets you anywhere faster than the likes of me. Your logic would suggest no-one should post comments critical of the Dev, or that they should be limited, by number?, by scope?, by level of toxicity as determined by you?

So what is the forum for? Speculation, ideas, thoughts, discussion, forecasts, they all happen. What you'll rarely see is any participation by L&P but that's fair enough. It does make things slightly pointless, yet we do it anyway. Close to insanity, no, "it's only a game."

I won't be using the exit door, unless at a time of my choosing, (or the mods, I suppose) but thanks for pointing it out, as I might not have realised it was there. As they say "after you".

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
the same problem here played the game for a second time and its the same... i download the saved game and the same thing no progression.
That's likely going to be the outcome for some of us for v.170 and v.175, and much of the rest of this playable day.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
It is frankly exhausting. You guys should either follow the thread regularly and be upto date with the info or just figure things yourself. It has been mentioned 100 times on the thread as to why you are seeing what you are.

You are not on the route for which the events are being made. If you are not on the Aiden route and Amber route then there is zero content for you in Part 2 till now .

Next update is 2nd Side job. Which is Tutoring the 3 boys of Mrs. Myers.

If you have chosen 1st side job or refused both jobs in your playthrough you will once again get nothing for the next update. Read the walkthrough, i even posted it here, just so that the confusion can lessen.

CSK92

Sep 24, 2017
This thread is in need of a FAQ.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Any more questions I should add?
Love it. That is what you call a nutshell. Now we can just delete all other 102,132 Posts.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
So you are saying that its the outcome beacause we select a determinated path in the story )sory my poor english
Yes. Those that choose not to play the Dylan route miss out on getting content for a good chunk of this playable day. Same as those that don't play the Patricia route will miss out on most of PD15, and probably the Ellie route on PD16.

But we'll need to see the event list for PD15 & 16 to be sure.
Love it. That is what you call a nutshell. Now we can just delete all other 102,132 Posts.
Can we leave the posts with boobs?

Barretto24

Feb 15, 2021
View attachment 1922907

A Wife and Mother - Combined Edition v0.165

This is a crunched version of A Wife and Mother version 0.165, which includes the complete Part 1. That means you can play the game from the beginning or just import your old save files without any issue. If you don't like the crunched low quality images, you can just put and replace the HQ images from v0.150, 0.160, 0.161, 0.165.

DOWNLOAD
CE v0.165
Win:
MEGA - GOOGLE DRIVE
Linux: MEGA - GOOGLE DRIVE
Android: MEGA - GOOGLE DRIVE
Brilliant. Thank you. Works like a charm on Android thanks :)

Dom Toretto

Apr 17, 2020
Well toy point is that all 3 games updates are taking forever it seems the 3games being AWAM,JOHN and foot of the mountain the main thing in common with all is that there about wife or girlfriend wanting to be naughty and have things to lose if they get caught

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes