Kristof29

Aug 6, 2016
Since this is moving so fast, is it possible that we will see a progress bar for animations? I mean if the updates come out fast it would besmirch L&P 's good name.

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Since this is moving so fast, is it possible that we will see a progress bar for animations? I mean if the updates come out fast it would besmirch L&P 's good name.
Well if for once he is showing a decent speed, you should rather be supportive of him, so that hopefully he feels like doing even better seeing the positive response. If that is not your thing, then that's fine too. I don't compliment this speed either. But what is the point of passing these taunts.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
I think it's really important not to talk about fast when we don't know the amount of content in this update yet. The probability is high that L&P is just as slow as usual, but this time only working on a very small update (instead of the usual only small updates ;) ).

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
I think it's really important not to talk about fast when we don't know the amount of content in this update yet. The probability is high that L&P is just as slow as usual, but this time only working on a very small update (instead of the usual only small updates ;) ).
If the update contains 250 - 300 images again, will you write here that you were wrong? Or does it have to be at least 600 images.
Let the facepalms come to me.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
If the update contains 250 - 300 images again, will you write here that you were wrong? Or does it have to be at least 600 images.
Let the facepalms come to me.
You realise that the update can be even 1000 renders,but in reality only 100 unique.
We already have a game with a single update of more than 13 000 renders.Most of the renders were just a small change from the previous one.Or same pose,different girl.

Reactions: Toushiro

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
You realise that the update can be even 1000 renders,but in reality only 100 unique.
We already have a game with a single update of more than 13 000 renders.Most of the renders were just a small change from the previous one.Or same pose,different girl.
Oh man, this is exactly the same in other games and not worth mentioning. Other developers don't make any differences or compromises either. After how many changes to an image should it be considered newly created?

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Oh man, this is exactly the same in other games and not worth mentioning. Other developers don't make any differences or compromises either. After how many changes to an image should it be considered newly created?
So you are telling me,that 100 unique renders will take exactly the same amount of time as 1 render with 100 slight variations?
Don't make me laught.

• Angry
Reactions: roro and Toushiro

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
Since I have the data, just for a mere curiosity and statistical purposes, without an ounce of vis polemica, here is a comparison of the last releases since v0.130.

This is the progress in % for the each release on the same graph. As starting point for each release I took the date of Lord_Xanatos post with 4x0%. It's arbitrary because we don't know exactly what is going on in between but at least it is a consistent choice.
Also all the caveats that the % are only indicative, unique renders, bla bla apply.

1660226200487.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is not really helpful to compare the pace because it is based on the %, so bigger releases obviously take more time.
We can only note that the pace for this one, so far, is in between v0.161 and v0.165.

The only way to compare would require to know the final number of renders, which we don't know yet for the current release.
So as I did it a while ago, we can plot a few hypothesis for the number of renders of the current version and see how they compare.
In the following, for each release, knowing the number of renders, I simply took the combined % of CS and RS, multiplied by said number and plotted the result. The (slope of the) dashed lines give the average renders per day to ease the comparison. (apologies for the messy appearance of the graph, I couldn't do better)

Remember that the previous event with the apostles was 226 renders (and quite a lot of dialogues)

For an hypothesis of 150 final renders (on the Y axis) it gives
1660228920735.png
which would be slightly above the v0.155 and v0.160 average. Both of those were affected by the animation thing so, it would be quite strange for the pace (in renders) to be so slow.

For 200 renders:
1660229040894.png
for that it would be more in par with his "usual" pace of v0.150, v0.130 and the last one, v0.165

For 250 renders
1660229130594.png
it would be well above his usual pace.

Again, this is just an academic exercise based on some data, so to be taken for what it is. It **seems** to suggest a release somewhere in between 200 and 250 renders *based on previous data*.

Considering that if the current pace is maintained (big IF!), the CS and RS should be done by the 15th, a release a week after that (~21st-23rd) seems possible. But I'd wait for the "official" Talcum Powder 's graph ;)

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes