Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
So you are telling me,that 100 unique renders will take exactly the same amount of time as 1 render with 100 slight variations?
Don't make me laught.
He is asking how many changes in a render makes it a unique render. Does Sophia's arm need to move by 2cm+ or 5cm+ from the previous position for it to be counted a new render or does she have to move from where she was standing, take a new pose and give a different expression for it to be called a unique.

I find it really odd seeing that people are not understanding something so simple. He is not making 100 exclusive pieces of art where each has to look completely different from the previous, with costume and pose changes. He is a making a visual novel. He is showing a flow of events. Each following render is mostly going to be a small change from the previous render complimenting the dialogue accompanying it.

Every good visual novel does it.

Hlextor

May 6, 2017
Since I have the data, just for a mere curiosity and statistical purposes, without an ounce of vis polemica, here is a comparison of the last releases since v0.130.

This is the progress in % for the each release on the same graph. As starting point for each release I took the date of Lord_Xanatos post with 4x0%. It's arbitrary because we don't know exactly what is going on in between but at least it is a consistent choice.
Also all the caveats that the % are only indicative, unique renders, bla bla apply.

View attachment 1978108

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is not really helpful to compare the pace because it is based on the %, so bigger releases obviously take more time.
We can only note that the pace for this one, so far, is in between v0.161 and v0.165.

The only way to compare would require to know the final number of renders, which we don't know yet for the current release.
So as I did it a while ago, we can plot a few hypothesis for the number of renders of the current version and see how they compare.
In the following, for each release, knowing the number of renders, I simply took the combined % of CS and RS, multiplied by said number and plotted the result. The (slope of the) dashed lines give the average renders per day to ease the comparison. (apologies for the messy appearance of the graph, I couldn't do better)

Remember that the previous event with the apostles was 224 renders (and quite a lot of dialogues)

For an hypothesis of 150 final renders (on the Y axis) it gives
View attachment 1978229
which would be slightly above the v0.155 and v0.160 average. Both of those were affected by the animation thing so, it would be quite strange for the pace (in renders) to be so slow.

For 200 renders:
View attachment 1978233
for that it would be more in par with his "usual" pace of v0.150, v0.130 and the last one, v0.165

For 250 renders
View attachment 1978237
it would be well above his usual pace.

Again, this is just an academic exercise based on some data, so to be taken for what it is. It **seems** to suggest a release somewhere in between 200 and 250 renders *based on previous data*.

Considering that if the current pace is maintained (big IF!), the CS and RS should be done by the 15th, a release a week after that (~21st-23rd) seems possible. But I'd wait for the "official" Talcum Powder 's graph ;)
You're really crazy, man! Don't tell me that graphs/statistics is just a hobby of yours. You work for the government and have to create these things every day! :ROFLMAO:

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
An idea for the event:
First, Sophia discusses the female body. Whether she stands in front of the guys only with her free upper body or only in her panties doesn't matter. She will remain in the role of the teacher all the time.
Then, at the end, the topic of contraception comes up again. Sophia shows the boys how to put on a condom. She will demonstrate with her fingers and give the boys condoms to practice. Of course, the boys will have a stiff penis.
However, she will have to show them how to get the things down again after use. And for this Sophia will touch the penises of the boys. And it happens, one has an orgasm and second is also so overexcited that happens to him the same. Sophia has the sperm of the two guys on the breasts. Even now she remains as professional as possible.
Then Sophia goes into the bathroom to clean herself. Then, as she stands in front of the mirror, her breasts full of two guys' cum, she thinks about the conversation with Dylan, the meaning of the word MILF, and what she thought when Dylan explained it. And that breaks through her professionalism.

Hfsofia

Sep 8, 2021
An idea for the event:
First, Sophia discusses the female body. Whether she stands in front of the guys only with her free upper body or only in her panties doesn't matter. She will remain in the role of the teacher all the time.
Then, at the end, the topic of contraception comes up again. Sophia shows the boys how to put on a condom. She will demonstrate with her fingers and give the boys condoms to practice. Of course, the boys will have a stiff penis.
However, she will have to show them how to get the things down again after use. And for this Sophia will touch the penises of the boys. And it happens, one has an orgasm and second is also so overexcited that happens to him the same. Sophia has the sperm of the two guys on the breasts. Even now she remains as professional as possible.
Then Sophia goes into the bathroom to clean herself. Then, as she stands in front of the mirror, her breasts full of two guys' cum, she thinks about the conversation with Dylan, the meaning of the word MILF, and what she thought when Dylan explained it. And that breaks through her professionalism.
You have some imagination bro loved it

Reactions: hydraki46

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
An idea for the event:
:ROFLMAO:Today we're going to teach you how to put on condoms. The boys are glad they want to take off their shorts. Sophia stops them and says I'll give you bananas and we'll try bananas. If L&P had a problem with patronage, he had to change the scene

Reactions: mexican22

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
If the update contains 250 - 300 images again, will you write here that you were wrong? Or does it have to be at least 600 images.
Let the facepalms come to me.
I have intentionally avoided using the number of images as the measure of content in an update. Firstly, because the images often take different time to render depending on the content (e.g. when a lot of characters or costly effects are used), and secondly, because the work done apart from the rendering (e.g. creating the scene that can then be reused over several images) can have a big impact.

The fact is and remains that development performance should be measured not only in terms of time, but also in terms of the work put into it. As I said, the probability is high that this update is not faster than usual, but simply has less content.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
He is asking how many changes in a render makes it a unique render. Does Sophia's arm need to move by 2cm+ or 5cm+ from the previous position for it to be counted a new render or does she have to move from where she was standing, take a new pose and give a different expression for it to be called a unique.

I find it really odd seeing that people are not understanding something so simple. He is not making 100 exclusive pieces of art where each has to look completely different from the previous, with costume and pose changes. He is a making a visual novel. He is showing a flow of events. Each following render is mostly going to be a small change from the previous render complimenting the dialogue accompanying it.

Every good visual novel does it.
It's just that the number of images is not really a good way to fairly evaluate the effort of an update. Especially for an event with many charateres already occurred in other updates, at in an already used scene, etc.

I find it strange when some here now write that L&P has become faster with this update, although the update has not even been released yet. We should not forget that L&P has now divided one gameday into 10 updates. There have also been events with little content in the past only that these were then in combination with other events in a combined update.

With L&P you should always wait until an update is actually available. Usually there is always a reason to complain then. :ROFLMAO:

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
It's just that the number of images is not really a good way to fairly evaluate the effort of an update. Especially for an event with many charateres already occurred in other updates, at in an already used scene, etc.

I find it strange when some here now write that L&P has become faster with this update, although the update has not even been released yet. We should not forget that L&P has now divided one gameday into 10 updates. There have also been events with little content in the past only that these were then in combination with other events in a combined update.

With L&P you should always wait until an update is actually available. Usually there is always a reason to complain then. :ROFLMAO:
I am not calling him fast as of yet. I don't like jumping to conclusions without knowing everything. For me until I see how big the update is, i won't say if he is fast or slow. Percentages don't show the real picture.

However i do use the render count as an indicator because it is consistent. Some scenes might have new characters some have old, some same locations, some new. Even in same locations new lighting, redesigning the entire asset like he did with Amber's kitchen, but when you are calculating an average, it takes all of this into consideration to give the final answer. Ofcourse there is no perfect measure to calculate the effort in each scene. Unless someone replicates what he does, there is no way of knowing the entire effort.

Besides, L&P himself says some scenes are easier to make than others.

xxxorro

Jan 18, 2021
You're really crazy, man! Don't tell me that graphs/statistics is just a hobby of yours. You work for the government and have to create these things every day! :ROFLMAO:
If he was really working for the government,then he should stop wasting his talent and make it his mission to bring back 2 playable days per year.
Damn, with this one I really blew up my cover :p
Now, please look for a second at this device... ;)
But yes, probably I'm having too much free time lately ;)

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes