HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
ok for your comment, but :

I always wonder why some people think that paying (or not paying) valid (or invalid) arguments/opinions/reviews/complains ?

View attachment 2020935

PS According to this rule, I'm always wrong :cool:
It depends on the criticism you are making and how much you have skin in the game so to speak. Being a pirate and the complaining about the lack of progress dev makes or decisions they take is less effective than being paying customer. Now if your criticism is about quality of content/writing etc..., then the aspect of you being pirate is not as important for effectiveness of criticism.

I'm not saying you can't make criticism even if you pirate this game about the lack of progress and decisions of the dev, just that from devs point of view those criticisms are essentially not important. They mostly have to care about how their paying customers feel about it.

And to make it clear, i'm not happy with the speed of L&P making progress, i just don't see too much point in having multiple page long complain train going on about the subject.

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017

I used my freetime after the last update to remake the very first scenes of the game. Because the graphics are just terrible compared to my current standards, as you can see very well in a side-by-side comparison. Everything just didn't add up, from the poses to the expressions, the cloth and hair, to the catastrophic lighting. Which of course is understandable as these were my very first attempts at art creation.

I wanted to do this for a long time to close this extreme artistic gap between where the game started and where it is now.
So, I will spend about 1 week of my freetime after every update, to remake the very beginning of the game. Let's see how far I get because it really is many times more demanding to create renders with my today's quality compared to those from the first half of the game. I felt this very well during my work of the flight and airport scene. I'll be already happy if I manage to remake at least the first day.

Now I will start with the next update 0.175 (Sophia/Sam). I'm planning to release the first teaser of it next week.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
1 week in a remake of the first day? sure why not. :rolleyes:

Hotcoupleeasy

Nov 20, 2021
The developer is brilliant. He is perfectionist also. We will be having total of 4 or maybe 5 updates this year. The storyline is so erotic. I will continue supporting him. Can't wait to the next updates ( and his new games ). When I play other games sometimes I laugh. AWAM is the only game the rest are jokes and rubbish.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
WTF? does he really think we are going to go back and play the boring 1st day again cause he upgraded the renders? What a fuckin joke & a waste of time!
That’s something You do when the game is finished, but now it never will be, unbelievable.
Don't give him more ideas.
Suddenly he can decide to remake the whole week.

• Haha
Reactions: legolasbaler

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
The developer is brilliant. He is perfectionist also. We will be having total of 4 or maybe 5 updates this year. The storyline is so erotic. I will continue supporting him. Can't wait to the next updates ( and his new games ). When I play other games sometimes I laugh. AWAM is the only game the rest are jokes and rubbish.
And Einstein is proven right once again! Only two things are endless...

Kirill86

Nov 22, 2019
I don't understand why you're unhappy with the remaster. He said that instead of resting after the update, he would remaster the early scenes. This does not mean that he scored on the creation of the main update.

Reactions: Bane71

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
So right now, L&P is redoing part of day 1, part 1 in his free time. How long until we start losing prime time to the remaster? This should be the perfect time for one of his new team members to be upgrading early part 1 renders so that L&P can focus on part 2. Now it's time for L&P to show that he can delegate this less important task to someone else.

Last edited:

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Again, it's not about his "freetime". Nobody cares what he does in his freetime. We already knew he takes a week off from development after each update.

It's the fact that when developers start reworking stuff, it doesn't work out. So many games end up in an endless cycle of being reworked that people have every reason to be concerned.

Right now, it seems to be a 1-1 render swap. But what if he starts making new renders? What if he starts reworking the dialog? What if his "freetime" rework extends into and delays the start of the new content?

And he didn't do this for new people who just found the game. If he did, he would've said so. He did this because he doesn't like the early game art, like he said. Nothing more, nothing less.
Let's hope he won't split PD14 on 15 parts in order to get more free time to remake more days.
Why this surprises anyone now remains a mystery to me. L&P strives for perfection. Perfection as L&P understands it. He has not reworked these images for anyone, only for himself.
From the little I know about L&P, it was always clear to me that it was only a matter of time before his old works would be so disturbing that he had no choice but to rework them.
Nevertheless, it looks to me as if the revised images do not reach the current standard. They look more like assembly line production, which is good. But I can be wrong.
The problem with remaking the renders is,that after 5 years there will be more renders in need of a remake.And after another 5 years even more.What right now is looking as a top render,after 15 years probably will look like very poor render.

Last edited:

allgoodhere93

May 17, 2022
I don't understand why you're unhappy with the remaster. He said that instead of resting after the update, he would remaster the early scenes. This does not mean that he scored on the creation of the main update.
Because he could have taken that extra time to work on the new update. He needs that time to "rest". Now he isnt resting yet working but not on the new update. On old stuff. Makes sense.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
2DD5AC3A-BC60-40AA-BF43-0BF69B732B03.jpeg

Bill_Buttlicker

Jul 13, 2018

I used my freetime after the last update to remake the very first scenes of the game. Because the graphics are just terrible compared to my current standards, as you can see very well in a side-by-side comparison. Everything just didn't add up, from the poses to the expressions, the cloth and hair, to the catastrophic lighting. Which of course is understandable as these were my very first attempts at art creation.

I wanted to do this for a long time to close this extreme artistic gap between where the game started and where it is now.
So, I will spend about 1 week of my freetime after every update, to remake the very beginning of the game. Let's see how far I get because it really is many times more demanding to create renders with my today's quality compared to those from the first half of the game. I felt this very well during my work of the flight and airport scene. I'll be already happy if I manage to remake at least the first day.

Now I will start with the next update 0.175 (Sophia/Sam). I'm planning to release the first teaser of it next week.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Great job.....any scenes where Sophia has sex yet? :unsure:

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
The problem with remaking the renders is,that after 5 years there will be more renders in need of a remake.And after another 5 years even more.What right now is looking as a top render,after 15 years probably will look like very poor render.
That's exactly what I meant. That's why I won't be surprised in 5 years.
When I look at source code I wrote 10 years ago, I'm itching to tear it apart and make it better. But I would only do that for myself. Nobody would pay for it and it would only serve my perfectionist nature. So I leave it!
What I want to say is on this level I can understand L&P. But also he should just leave it.

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
I respect your opinion, but I'm the complete opposite of you. :p

I think it doesn't matter whether you pay or not, regardless of the topic (quality/content/progress/...).

I recognize that some people can be in excess, either because he pays and praises* the game, or because he doesn't pay, and so it makes them happy to spit on the game. :cautious::rolleyes:
(* It's a well-known cognitive bias, you value more something you've invested in or given money to. The opposite is true to a lesser extent)

And there are those who will never pay because even a dollar a month is too much.:cry:

For me, any criticism must be accompanied by valuable arguments (not a status) and one constructive/feasible solution (at least). :cool:

Since you talk to me about quality and pace of development, many people here before me have already mentioned a number of facts.

I am thinking especially of quency77 who just recalled some elements that no one can ignore.
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-170-lust-passion.5944/post-4284722

It's just
View attachment 2021001

Some advance to counterbalance that the quality of renderings has significantly improved and others say that L&P's experience, time* spent on developments, hardware (multi RTX 3090), must have also increased significantly.
(* free time during his studies to full time job)

All solutions to reduce the time between updates, were proposed here. And none were retained, because L&P prefers to work alone (and that's his Right).

So, some people start to get fed up, and complain and no matter whether they pay or not.

But if you really want to have an answer to your question, go to his patreon's page, see if they are a lot of complainants and compare with here, you'll get your ratio. :geek:

Personally I don't care, I expect that we find a correct pace of a P.D. every 200d at most. There are 9.5 P.D left, even at this pace, there would still be 5 years of development, no time to scatter on secondary events, new characters, ...

BTW originally, Patreon's logic is to provide additional content or 'premiere' for those who pay, and allow everyone to access the content some time after (maybe few weeks)

When it comes to 'me being a pirate', have you seen where you are ? :sneaky:

With all due respect
View attachment 2020992
Never did say that i wasn't pirate. :D Considering i'm here and have stated that i'm not a paying customer, have already commented about the content of this update and so forth, it should be obvious that i'm pirate in here. :p

And yes, people have the right to complain of course, even if they aren't paying customers and get fed up with the progress of the dev. I only questioned the point of it really, would think it is much more fruitful for personal life to go and look other games to like and return for this after some time and x number of updates have come along, like i tend to do with many games that progress slowly.

Also the original question was mostly just amused musings, not something that i could bother to look up to in that length, since majority of L&P's posts are locked for patrons iirc. And i'm not one and have not been one.

Also yes getting someone else to do some of the work that has been proposed is option for getting updates faster and with more content, but it's quite common with people that are creating something that they don't want to release any creative control, even perceived loss of it is something they are against.

But i think that's all i'm going to bother with this for now, it's been amusing to have this chat and see people reacting. Have a good rest of the morning/day/evening/night you folks. :)

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes