bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
The assumption that new people are not wanting to play the game because of the "bad first day" is really weak. Even if its weak compared to the rest it is still better than maybe 90% of the games being made or released. It is the meme that it takes 24 years to make the game is scaring people away.

Personally You should actually rest when on a break but if you really want to work on sommething you care about you should make progress and not stuck in the past. I said something similar and my post got deleted even though I also said that I adore his passion and quality of the game and that I never complained about the time between the releases

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
Where do i look for it... I looked in game folder, but i dont see any final export
You said you have applied the patch from here. What did you do if you don't have any final_export.rpy in your game folder? (When I say "game folder", I talk about the folder named "game" in your AWAM1 folder).

Or you could try a new install. I have reuploaded a compressed and fixed version for Mac (reusing JokerLeader compressed version).

Reactions: Ryan Starc

naughtynafz

Creating "Aiden's Revenge"
Game Developer
Dec 2, 2019
Some of them consider it a great idea. Others, that is good (me included) with the explanation of he is making it in his free time. Some have complained a little about the time used on it. And Randy Klein... He and LP have a sado masochist relationship in Patreon.
there is no free time if the game is not completed.... its a continuous process of making scene and rendering

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I guess the post i spent more than half an hour writing just got removed or what, it was posted but now i can't find it anywhere, neither did I get an notifications of its removal. So much work explaining overexposure use and the reasoning we see it present in some scenes and so on. All down the drain. I am not writing that again.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
I guess the post i spent more than half an hour writing just got removed or what, it was posted but now i can't find it anywhere, neither did I get an notifications of its removal. So much work explaining overexposure use and the reasoning we see it present in some scenes and so on. All down the drain. I am not writing that again.
Yeah, it was Mr.Gamer__ who reported our comments, he wrote me that he was afraid of L&P spending even more time in the development because of my arguments. I also spent a lot of time in them.

You were wrong in your arguments, by the way. XD

Whitekink

Apr 17, 2022
I can only say this regarding your issue and that this scene is not a photoshoot where the lighting is to be adjusted to make the model in question look beautiful in every frame, or so that the readers can appreciate all her curves. This scene is supposed to represent an afternoon at the Parker house.

Being afternoon time, the sun is at it's strongest, more so because this city is a very hot city as L&P established right from the beginning. So the sun rays are to compliment the idea. It is a visible fact that L&P doesn't adjust the lighting in the render to make Sophia look the most gorgeous that she can. He sets the lighting according to how it should be in his opinion and then works with his character. Now i am not saying that makes zero adjustment based on the characters in the scene but he definitely doesn't about whether Sophia is looking her best in each render ( which frankly no dev does )

This talk kinda Reminded of a scene from Exorcism of Emily Rose where lawyer is in the kitchen and there is no light. Generally what movie makers do is the artificially light up the scene just so that you can see the actress clearly. Now the purpose is understandable but logically you can only ask why is the place so much brighter whereas realistically it should be pitch black. The creators in this scene chose to go with the natural light available to them. You can barely see the main actress but it serves the purpose and also sticks to logic and being a bit realistic.

Now i don't know your job, maybe you have to make renders where the model or whatever object is supposed to be the centre of attention and so the lighting is supposed to only compliment and never over shadow the main object of focus. L&P is trying to simulate the the lighting as it would in the real world. Now in the real world the lighting isn't always perfect. Sometimes it is too strong, sometimes too faint.

I only see this as a creative choice that some agree with and some don't. Now L&P is definitely not perfect and can improve even further.
Bummer!:mad:
Not this one then?

Whitekink

Apr 17, 2022
It's like anything, if you do something continuously, even if you enjoy it, you need a break and do something else.
When you come back to it, you're fresher and have new ideas and enthusiasm.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
Don't worry about it! :giggle:

He said he did this remake on his freetime (one week every 40 days, he's got plenty of time to process this minor detail).
His patreons are all happy by his explanations, except THE 'pessimistic' Randy Klein.

Here I see people happy to have 4 to 5 updates a year (corresponding to a half PD), rather than 1 PD every 150-200 days as before. They feel an increase in pace from year to year (we are not going to break their enthusiasm ! in our post-modernity world, it's the feeling that counts, not the truth...).

The choice of the remake is relevant (there is no need to seize the opportunity of this to envisage a collaboration, stupid question from Randy, who will never have the answer on this point), and the progress of the game is very good (at this pace, est. finish : 2034 just perfect (y)).

You see, everyone is happy :D

Why worry so much? :sneaky:
You are not the first and will not be the last to confront others with the harsh reality of the game's development with the detached look of the man who knows how the world works.
Tell something new and don't repeat what I've been reading for 4000 pages. Even if I agree with you to a large extent.

Reactions: roro

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
After a few of what I thought were well developed ideas and posts, which were then deleted for 'off-topic' when they were on topic, I've taken to using Notepad for bigger posts. I save it and date it so if it does away, I can still reference it and perhaps refine it for future posting. We'll see if this gets deleted for 'off-topic'...

lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
more important if L&P is working 1 week in the first day any idea if the Sophie/Sam event will have animations :unsure: .

Whitekink

Apr 17, 2022
I'm sure this dev will never finish this game at the pace it is, I don't understand the enthusiasm of some
I've got 11 games I'm playing in a folder, all good to reasonable.

None of them are finished and in every forum for the game, there are people complaining about the small updates, the time it takes for a new update to appear and/or the Dev is being lazy or milking.

It says more about those people than the game or the Dev.

3.20 star(s) 466 Votes