Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
The side stories that have nothing to do with the protagonist and do nothing to advance the story are entirely the problem.
I've said this a couple of times now, based on the story as it's developed and the future updates. Dylan is the hero of the story, we're just watching it through Sophia's eyes. The fact that there is now a tracker for his love / relationship interests mixed in amongst Sophia's further solidified that for me.

I don't want to take away from the Dylan lovers out there; but it was Sophia's story I was most interested, not his.

• Sad
Reactions: GokutheG

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
I've said this a couple of times now, based on the story as it's developed and the future updates. Dylan is the hero of the story, we're just watching it through Sophia's eyes. The fact that there is now a tracker for his love / relationship interests mixed in amongst Sophia's further solidified that for me.

I don't want to take away from the Dylan lovers out there; but it was Sophia's story I was most interested, not his.
Making Dylan a kind of 2nd main character was probably one of the smartest decisions L&P could have made. At least for me, the choices I can make for Dylan are much more in line with his character than the choices I can make for Sophia, who choices always feel kind of the exact opposite of what she would have normally done.

The more space L&P gives dylan, the more the story will win. There are plenty of side stories that could be deleted to make up for this.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Making Dylan a kind of 2nd main character was probably one of the smartest decisions L&P could have made. At least for me, the choices I can make for Dylan are much more in line with his character than the choices I can make for Sophia, who choices always feel kind of the exact opposite of what she would have normally done.

The more space L&P gives dylan, the more the story will win. There are plenty of side stories that could be deleted to make up for this.
With the exception of the side jobs, the side stories that can easily be deleted are Dylan stories. Dylan/Emma, Dylan/Amber, the bonus storyline, Bennett's blackmail.

Ellie, Sam and Patricia don't have side stories to delete. Only Dylan does.

We'd be at the end of the day and the "hot" events if we didn't have the bonus storyline, the Dylan/Amber event, and the visit to the salon.

Dr Secz

Sep 30, 2020
Playing this game, and playing other games i started comparing them all with this one. I have to say that i am thankful because AWAM exists. It Is realistic pretty much, and gives me a lot of to think about and makes me exciting wile doing that. Only sorrow is that updates are really slow and short for my taste. Writer of story could sell this to some production later on. Think about that.

Reactions: roro and Adult12257

Dr Secz

Sep 30, 2020
Lil' did he know at that time, that his VN becomes one of the most popular ever. When random people literally throw cash at you, begging to continue, you don't reject such opportunity.

AWAM, simply put, has turned out too big to handle. Either some storylines needs to chopped off mercilessly, the focus on image quality could've been reduced, animations laid back till actual in-and-out scenes or the amount of renders for the event cut to 250 tops no matter what. He's like a dog, chasing down a driving vehicle. Can't restrain itself, has to go after it, just like that.
This guy wanna do most parts by himself. If it takes two decades, so what, folks gonna pay up in any case, they are hooked to the story. Sort of a downward/upward spiral depending on a point of view. Is it a scam, like others openly proclaim? Absolutely ... not. L&P doesn't really give a damn, especially about opinion of non-payers. Back in 2017-2018 he had to be more humble, interacting with potential customers, responding to unpleasant criticism. Once gaining his core paying audience he answers to them, which is totally fair. He who pays the piper calls the tune.

How dare you? What can be as awesome as banging your hot mom? Banging your friend's mommy! Sophia/Dylan; Dylan/Amber; Sophia/Sam; Sophia/Zack - that's a multifaceted dice with Sophia/Ellie and Sophia/Jules on the sides. It has mother and wife as an option in any case.
Side stories aren't the problem, their amount and dubious storytelling is. Shifting the focus on Dylan is logical, as he's been staying way behind in comparison to Ellie and Sam. Making him a semi-MC wasn't the brightest idea, though. Why treat him that differently, Ellie is almost as popular as Dylan in the polls, yet we've never seen events from her POV. Guess, the priority now is face-lifting first PD's. Hopefully, we'll see one day PD's turning into DP's, I'm counting that Dylan and Sammy-boy won't disappoint.
I think he cares about none payers opinions... He is an artist, that is the difference. This game is not jerk off, jerk on type.... Stimulation is fine to have it by paying, but I think that he cares a bit more about none payers opinion, they are more objective than other one. Pure liknes of game is what they have. More money they give, more sex they want in game. That's not the way artists do, just don't.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
With the exception of the side jobs, the side stories that can easily be deleted are Dylan stories. Dylan/Emma, Dylan/Amber, the bonus storyline, Bennett's blackmail.

Ellie, Sam and Patricia don't have side stories to delete. Only Dylan does.

We'd be at the end of the day and the "hot" events if we didn't have the bonus storyline, the Dylan/Amber event, and the visit to the salon.
Anything that leads to more complications in the immediate surroundings of Sophia can ultimately make the story more interesting. The stories between Dylan/Amber (especially as a mirror to the story between Sophia/Sam) but also the story between Dylan/Ellie are perfect examples of this. L&P just has to have the courage to have these stories also affect Sophia at a later point in the game. For example, what is Sophia supposed to do when she finds out what's going on between Dylan and Amber while she herself is making out with Amber's son?

Also, don't forget that by letting the player act from Dylan's perspective, L&P can give the player information that Sophia doesn't have yet. As long as L&P don't overdo it (e.g. by introducing even more main characters) this can really have a great potential f or the story telling in the game. For me, the voyuer scenes are a good example for that, because they have to be told in Dylan view (because Sophia should certainly not know about it, at least in the beginning) and give great possibilities for complications, especially when you consider that Dylan might also catch Sophia in her voyeur actions.

No, what you can eliminate are all the stories that have little to do with the rest of the characters in the main story (especially the two side jobs). That's also why I think it's a shame that L&P didn't take the opportunity to have Dylan witness the event that happend between Sohia and Sam. This would have made the whole event with another insignificant side-charker in the salon unnecessary, but still give Dylan a reason to watch out more for Sophias actions.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I think he cares about none payers opinions... He is an artist, that is the difference. This game is not jerk off, jerk on type.... Stimulation is fine to have it by paying, but I think that he cares a bit more about none payers opinion, they are more objective than other one. Pure liknes of game is what they have. More money they give, more sex they want in game. That's not the way artists do, just don't.
I wish he did but over the years the evidence has shown that he does not care about non-paying fans. After all, why should he? Even Paying Patrons are lucky to have their questions answered & views heard, if they're very different from the Dev's. What he has done in line with Patron feedback, is to make Dylan the 2nd MC, (which to me suggests parity with Sophia) & now apparently the lead character. Patrons want Dylan & that's what he is slowly delivering.....a surfeit?....not if you're a Dylan fan. AWAM should be retitled, or perhaps also rebooted as a game with Dylan's adventures receiving laser-like focus & Sophia as part of the supporting cast. Then it might take less than 30+ years to complete.

That would certainly cure my own AWAM addiction.

Reactions: Toushiro

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Anything that leads to more complications in the immediate surroundings of Sophia can ultimately make the story more interesting. The stories between Dylan/Amber (especially as a mirror to the story between Sophia/Sam) but also the story between Dylan/Ellie are perfect examples of this. L&P just has to have the courage to have these stories also affect Sophia at a later point in the game. For example, what is Sophia supposed to do when she finds out what's going on between Dylan and Amber while she herself is making out with Amber's son?

Also, don't forget that by letting the player act from Dylan's perspective, L&P can give the player information that Sophia doesn't have yet. As long as L&P don't overdo it (e.g. by introducing even more main characters) this can really have a great potential f or the story telling in the game. For me, the voyuer scenes are a good example for that, because they have to be told in Dylan view (because Sophia should certainly not know about it, at least in the beginning) and give great possibilities for complications, especially when you consider that Dylan might also catch Sophia in her voyeur actions.

No, what you can eliminate are all the stories that have little to do with the rest of the characters in the main story (especially the two side jobs). That's also why I think it's a shame that L&P didn't take the opportunity to have Dylan witness the event that happend between Sohia and Sam. This would have made the whole event with another insignificant side-charker in the salon unnecessary, but still give Dylan a reason to watch out more for Sophias actions.
Why Dylan though? There is the same potential for storytelling if there was a scene from Ellie's POV. Or Sam's, or Patricia's.

CSK92

Sep 24, 2017
Am I the only who thinks that Alyssa is hottest other character in this game and possibly in the VN Universe. She could do a 2nd side story VN by herself, but this dev is not as smart as some give him credit for.

Reactions: Rythan25
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes