lockerxx

Conversation Conqueror
May 10, 2017
Then you're shit out of luck. After this update, there are 3 more with Dylan, then an small Ellie event, small Sam event, a proper Ellie event, side jobs, then 3 more Dylan.

So about half of the next dozen updates will have Dylan.
It is the D-day dylan day....

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
who cares i am waiting for the E-day ellie day or bwtter L-day lesbian day!!!
There's not going to be an L-day. PD15 will have the GW event in the evening, and L&P wont commit to saying if the Ranch event will be lesbian or not.

Even Ellie day has the Aiden task, 2 hetero sex scenes and the wild event. I just hope Jules makes an appearance, since that's possibly the last time we'll see her.

Reactions: Shalamar94

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
What is going to intrigue me is how Dylan fans are going to cope with potentially not getting a Dylan event for about 4 years, since he's not scheduled to make an appearance for two whole playable days.
If they are only here for Dylan, it will be a tough stretch. I'm looking forward to the Zoe ranch trip and, maybe - just maybe - seeing Sophia take the lead for something she wants. I'm fine if she takes the initiative with a lesbian encounter. At least she will do something more than wait for Anything to happen to her. Right now, she is still in the lead for Mrs. Passive San Alejo.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
Composition of the scenes is different in all of these teasers. It means that L&P is not just rerendered old scenes with hew hardware/software, he actually recreates first part of the game with subsequent spending of his work/time at the expense of further development of the game
In my opinion it is obvious that L&P's business strategy aims at new comers until they become disappointed by lack of game's progress. However there are plenty newcomers around, so it's no big deal to lose one old patron and get 2 new ones.
To correspond such business strategy AWAM must be:
1. Visually appealing from the beginning.
2. Full of hints on dirty sex. (Movers, metro thugs, park's thugs, etc ... )
3. To stretch teasing/bluballing as much as impossible new characters are constantly added to the game. So the game gradually becomes a bunch of forgotten dead end/branches (like soap opera) instead of straight/curvy forward story tree. New characters also give all sort of excuses for slow development.
4. Any cheating sex scene will devalue precious Sophia from teasing point of view. So this EVENT must always be like a horizon.

In summary, paradoxically but constant stream of money from newcomers won't encourage L&P for further development AWAM. The game will stagnate until its financial profit is stable/increasing till the point of one event-release per year or even slower.
That summarises it nicely & it's been moving this way for the last 3 years. It's far easier to introduce new characters & branch storylines, than it is to focus on the MC & core stories. Now there are 2 "MCs" & Dylan is playing catch-up with Sophia, while in a 'sex-race' with Sam, something which seems to have come directly from a schoolboy's imagination.

I would add the corollary that it's clear the Dev wants a majority of the new fans you mention to be under 18. Hence the huge cast of teenagers & lack of actual 'adult' content in an adult game. That way the scripts don't have to be too complex & the newcomers have a good chance of still being alive in this world, when the game is due to finish in the late 2050s. I've said elsewhere, by that time they will also have to have become fans of period drama, to avidly follow AWAM, set in 2017.

As a business model for 3D games it's working. Once 2.5 to 3 months becomes the accepted norm for single event-based updates, (which were supposed to take a month), expect another slow-down in the guise of speeding up.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
If they are only here for Dylan, it will be a tough stretch. I'm looking forward to the Zoe ranch trip and, maybe - just maybe - seeing Sophia take the lead for something she wants. I'm fine if she takes the initiative with a lesbian encounter. At least she will do something more than wait for Anything to happen to her. Right now, she is still in the lead for Mrs. Passive San Alejo.
Part of my complaint about this playable day is just how one-sided the day is. Besides the Sam event, if you're not playing the Dylan route, there's really no reason to support the game (kinda why I'm so shocked Ellie is doing as well as she is in the poll)

At least on Ellie day there are some Dylan route events, even if he isn't present. Like Aiden's task, or whatever the repercussions are from accepting Morello's help.

And the ranch event isn't likely to be long. I don't believe it will take two years like this PD is turning out to.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Is there a way to turn this sh** off?? He is f***ing ruining this game! The laundromat game, I mean -- how do you turn it off?? Why did he add this, who asked for this??? :mad:
There are some patches members have created to skip the minigames. Might be worth seeing if there's someone that can compile them so all the minigames can be skipped.

I think what is amusing me at the moment is that as someone that doesn't play the Dylan route, there's yet another reason not to.

Reactions: Noneseriously10

rAmSiMaL

Sep 1, 2022
There's not going to be an L-day. PD15 will have the GW event in the evening, and L&P wont commit to saying if the Ranch event will be lesbian or not.

Even Ellie day has the Aiden task, 2 hetero sex scenes and the wild event. I just hope Jules makes an appearance, since that's possibly the last time we'll see her.
1 hetero scene is going to happen in current PD. It doesn't add up to me to have both hetero scenes in one day! I believe that the 2 hetero & 2 lesbian scenes are spread like:
- PD13 (event of Dylan/Ellie/Christine) 1st hetero
- PD15 (event covering 75% of the day) 1st lesbian
- PD16 (wild event) should be 2nd lesbian scene
- PD16 (Ellie / Logan) should be 2nd hetero scene

Also, if the 2 hetero scenes involve Ellie then they should be mutually exclusive when played. Finally, I have the mere suspicion that the 1st hetero scene will be between Dylan & Sophia in PD14! It only makes sense to me if you have such a culmination in the five events between the 2... LP will grow the hotness to that level to send them away from each other for 2 consecutive days... Since LP is saying that Sophia will not have a cheating scene before PD19 then he can put the hetero scene in PD14 in Sophia's dream (something similar to Larry Morello).

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
1 hetero scene is going to happen in current PD. It doesn't add up to me to have both hetero scenes in one day! I believe that the 2 hetero & 2 lesbian scenes are spread like:
- PD13 (event of Dylan/Ellie/Christine) 1st hetero
- PD15 (event covering 75% of the day) 1st lesbian
- PD16 (wild event) should be 2nd lesbian scene
- PD16 (Ellie / Logan) should be 2nd hetero scene

Also, if the 2 hetero scenes involve Ellie then they should be mutually exclusive when played. Finally, I have the mere suspicion that the 1st hetero scene will be between Dylan & Sophia in PD14! It only makes sense to me if you have such a culmination in the five events between the 2... LP will grow the hotness to that level to send them away from each other for 2 consecutive days... Since LP is saying that Sophia will not have a cheating scene before PD19 then he can put the hetero scene in PD14 in Sophia's dream (something similar to Larry Morello).
The wild event isn't a lesbian event, that's already been confirmed. There could easily be two mutually exclusive Ellie events on PD16 - her route branches into three that day. Ellie/Logan, Ellie/Sam and Ellie/Julia could easily be the three sex scenes that day.

Reactions: Hazestack1972

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't know what vote this is.

Now that I see it, this vote is not a new one every time, it is a way of constantly piling up on the results of previous votes.

In this way, those who vote from behind will be affected by the results of the previous vote.

And I know that one person can vote multiple times.

Also, despite the ever-increasing number of votes, Carl's votes have dwindled.

Assuming three votes per person or five votes per person, it is questionable whether everyone who has to vote uses all, and if the number of votes is paid differently depending on the sponsorship rating, there are also problems in interpreting the results.

If my assumption is correct, this is not a vote, it is just looking at the result of a dart game played between sponsors.

One person can throw multiple times, and if Someone have money, can throw more...

Last edited:

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
I don't know what vote this is.

Now that I see it, this vote is not a new one every time, it is a way of constantly piling up on the results of previous votes.

In this way, those who vote from behind will be affected by the results of the previous vote.

And I know that one person can vote multiple times.

Also, despite the ever-increasing number of votes, Carl's votes have dwindled.

Assuming three votes per person or five votes per person, it is questionable whether everyone who has to vote uses all, and if the number of votes is paid differently depending on the sponsorship rating, there are also problems in interpreting the results.

If my assumption is correct, this is not a vote, it is just looking at the result of a dart game played between sponsors.

One person can throw multiple times, and if Someone have money, can throw more...
Voting is influenced by how recently a character appeared & how far they got/what they did. It's a popularity contest, where the Dev can be fairly sure that Dylan will win. I'm guessing that's because of the age profile & gender of the Patrons. Where fans get a second, third vote etc., it might have been more informative, (but more complicated), to make these a definite 2nd & third choice, designated as such, i.e. proportional representation, rather than first past the-post.

Reactions: tofhdns

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Voting is influenced by how recently a character appeared & how far they got/what they did. It's a popularity contest, where the Dev can be fairly sure that Dylan will win. I'm guessing that's because of the age profile & gender of the Patrons. Where fans get a second, third vote etc., it might have been more informative (but more complicated), to make these a definite 2nd & third choice, designated as such i.e. proportional representation, rather than first past the-post.
And yet, Ellie hasn't really appeared recently, the last event on her route being at the start of PD12. Christine and Marie don't have much in the way of votes, despite having recent events

What I'd be more curious about is who voters would match for Dylan and Ellie. Jules appears to be twice as popular as Logan as an LI for Ellie.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ancienregimele

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
Voting is influenced by how recently a character appeared & how far they got/what they did. It's a popularity contest, where the Dev can be fairly sure that Dylan will win. I'm guessing that's because of the age profile & gender of the Patrons. Where fans get a second, third vote etc., it might have been more informative, (but more complicated), to make these a definite 2nd & third choice, designated as such, i.e. proportional representation, rather than first past the-post.
There are many problems with accepting the result of the vote as it is.

I think we need various interpretation tools for interpretation.

Or change the way we vote, as you say, or change the way we show the results.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes