Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
- Programming and translation: Is he referring here in the options a player has? If you choose path A then the sequence is 1,2,3 or if path B then 1,4,6 etc. right? Also, when is text added and how?
Programming is putting all the stuff he made for the update in the source code of the game. Meaning:
- Write the text/dialogs into the code
- Position images (and transition effects)
- Select musics/sounds
- Implement choices and paths like you said

Scenes, or part of scenes are embedded into labels. That's what L&P do during the programming. As the story advances, you jump from label to label.

Here is an example:
Python:
label day20_School_break:
    play bgs classroom_noise_1
    $ renpy.music.set_volume(0.6, delay=0, channel='bgs')
    scene day20_Literature_lesson 134 with fade
    s "Okay, guys. Next class, we'll be talking about what you wrote."
    if day20_Sophia_fulfilled_Aidens_4th_task:
        "Zac was looking at her, but Sophia just couldn't look in his eyes after the embarrassing moment from just recently."
    else:
        stop bgs fadeout 1.2
        jump day20_Sophias_talking_to_Aiden_when_refused_task

stop bgs fadeout 1.4
    scene day20_Literature_lesson 135 with fade
    "André was still pissed that Sophia slapped him."
    andr "What the hell ya think ya doin'?! You'll regret that!"
All labels are named.

The classroom_noise_1 sound is played on the bgs channel.

The volume of the previous sound is modulated.

The day20_Literature_lesson 134 image is displayed with a fade transition (the previous image fades to black then the new one gradually appears)

s "Okay, guys. Next class,....."
The first letter is the code of a character, here s = Sophia. And the second part, the dialog line to display. So, here, Sophia is speaking.

Python:
    "Zac was looking at her, but Sophia just couldn't look in his eyes after the embarrassing moment from just recently."
else:
    stop bgs fadeout 1.2
Here it depends on a previous choice. day20_Sophia_fulfilled_Aidens_4th_task is a variable which can be True or False.

If you haven't fullfiled the 4th task:
stop bgs fadeout 1.2
The bgs channel is muted (ie the previous classroom sound)

You jump to another label named day20_Sophias_talking_to_Aiden_when_refused_task.

Otherwise, "Zac was looking at her,....." will be displayed. Note there is no character at the beginning of the line, so no one is speaking. Then, you continue in the current label.

Later,
Another example of someone speaking, here andr = André.

It is a very simple example. You can of course do much more with Renpy.

Can I for example change the text without destroying the game with the simple means I have available (just a simple laptop)?
You can.

First, you have to uncompile the .rpa files of the game (there are a bunch of tools to do that on F95)
Then, you'll find what I talked about above in .rpy files in the scripts folder.

You can change anything in theses files, run the game and see the changes you made.

But... of course, there is a "but". By altering .rpy, you take the risk to make your saves incompatible with later versions of the game. There are 2 possibilities:
1/ Changes are minors but Renpy is not sure what to do, it rolls you back to the beginning of the current label. The best case.
2/ Renpy doesn't know what to do if there are too much changes. It prevents you to load your save. Worst case :(

If you change few lines of dialog here and there, you'll probably be in first case. But it's not a certainty.

Note all dialogs of AWAM2 are currently in day20.rpy. If you change anything in it. The next time an update will be released, you'll have to modify again the whole file if you want your changes to be permanent.

rAmSiMaL

Sep 1, 2022
Programming is putting all the stuff he made for the update in the source code of the game. Meaning:
- Write the text/dialogs into the code
- Position images (and transition effects)
- Select musics/sounds
- Implement choices and paths like you said

Scenes, or part of scenes are embedded into labels. That's what L&P do during the programming. As the story advances, you jump from label to label.

Here is an example:
Python:
    s "Okay, guys. Next class, we'll be talking about what you wrote."
    else:
        stop bgs fadeout 1.2

stop bgs fadeout 1.4
    scene day20_Literature_lesson 135 with fade
    "André was still pissed that Sophia slapped him."
All labels are named.

The classroom_noise_1 sound is played on the bgs channel.

The volume of the previous sound is modulated.

The day20_Literature_lesson 134 image is displayed with a fade transition (the previous image fades to black then the new one gradually appears)

s "Okay, guys. Next class,....."
The first letter is the code of a character, here s = Sophia. And the second part, the dialog line to display. So, here, Sophia is speaking.

Python:
else:
    stop bgs fadeout 1.2
Here it depends on a previous choice. day20_Sophia_fulfilled_Aidens_4th_task is a variable which can be True or False.

If you haven't fullfiled the 4th task:
stop bgs fadeout 1.2
The bgs channel is muted (ie the previous classroom sound)

You jump to another label named day20_Sophias_talking_to_Aiden_when_refused_task.

Otherwise, "Zac was looking at her,....." will be displayed. Note there is no character at the beginning of the line, so no one is speaking. Then, you continue in the current label.

Later,
Another example of someone speaking, here andr = André.

It is a very simple example. You can of course do much more with Renpy.

You can.

First, you have to uncompile the .rpa files of the game (there are a bunch of tools to do that on F95)
Then, you'll find what I talked about above in .rpy files in the scripts folder.

You can change anything in theses files, run the game and see the changes you made.

But... of course, there is a "but". By altering .rpy, you take the risk to make your saves incompatible with later versions of the game. There are 2 possibilities:
1/ Changes are minors but Renpy is not sure what to do, it rolls you back to the beginning of the current label. The best case.
2/ Renpy doesn't know what to do if there are too much changes. It prevents you to load your save. Worst case :(

If you change few lines of dialog here and there, you'll probably be in first case. But it's not a certainty.

Note all dialogs of AWAM2 are currently in day20.rpy. If you change anything in it. The next time an update will be released, you'll have to modify again the whole file if you want your changes to be permanent.
Thank you! :giggle:

sssaam.cindy.2019

Game Developer
Oct 31, 2020
I can see max 1 day work for coding / text: :devilish:

I have a python script to generate this, using Visual Script Code (from Microsoft), but copy-paste + replace (ep02>ep03) works even faster :coffee:

You just use the template and mass labeling... I name the pictures, audio the same as the label and then add text (easy copy-paste)
1692100913216.png

ST-9Pol

May 14, 2018
Whats the difference in creating scenes and rendered scenes?
Creating scenes is the gathering of the resources to be used, environments, characters, hair, clothing, props etc.. Then the scene posing, lighting, camera effects etc.. When everything is right then the image can be rendered.. In the case of the "rendered" % this doesn't require time for the dev to do anything, this is computer time only and can be done while you sleep with a batch script program... well that's how I do it any way..

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
I played this game like 6 years ago. ffs still not finished? Maybe it's time to give it the abandoned tag. Can't believe how someone who doesn't do anywork gets at least 3000 euro a month (that's if everyone has the lowest subscribtions) while doing nothing...
Your last comment on this game was on 05/19/2023. There you spoke of 3 years when you last checked the status of the game. Now 3 months later your last played it 6 years ago. You have also only been a member of f95zone since 2019, 4 years. Your timekeeping is a bit confused.
But hey, we're all frustrated.

Last edited:

Rajesh Ram

Aug 13, 2021
I literally played all the best MILF games from f95zone,

AWAM could be the Best game but it's development is damn slow,

Pls Suggest some more Slow Burn MILf Games which has similar theme like AWAM and consists atleast some intimate scenes :D.

Reactions: sssaam.cindy.2019

kewlbigdan

Feb 3, 2018
Your last comment on this game was on 05/19/2023. There you spoke of 3 years when you last checked the status of the game. Now 3 months later your last played it 6 years ago. You have also only been a member of f95zone since 2019, 4 years. Your timekeeping is a bit confused.
But hey, we're all frustrated.
3 game years and 6 playable years?
It's a wormhole time dilation effect.

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
Genuine technical questions about AWAM
While we are still waiting for the release of the latest update I thought asking a few questions about the creation of this game. There are five metrics to measure the progress:
- Scene Creation: All 3d items used are already available in the market or some he creates them himself? What are the main challenges for a creator here (i.e. what’s the most difficult part)?
- Scene Rendering: Obviously he has the text prepared and knows how the story goes (e.g. Dylan asks Sophia replies). I’ve read people saying that LP is exaggerating with the time needed to do that! Since there is a special software which can do this in a few minutes! What’s so difficult about that?
- Art edited with photoshop: obviously he changes the lighting and colours of each frame, right?
- Programming and translation: Is he referring here in the options a player has? If you choose path A then the sequence is 1,2,3 or if path B then 1,4,6 etc. right? Also, when is text added and how? Can I for example change the text without destroying the game with the simple means I have available (just a simple laptop)?

Thank you very much for your patience and time to answer my questions :giggle:
Perfection needs time ;);).

Last edited:

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes