Mamonetti

Apr 4, 2020
Out of curiosity, I noticed there are around 150 patrons in the credits of the game who belong to Legend (36.50€) and Legend Vet (60.50€) levels (otherwise they wouldn't be there).

So if we take a look at the current amount of patrons (about 1800), the worst case scenario in terms of incomes would be:
150 * 36.50 + 1650 * 1.50 = 5475 + 2475 = 7950€

Even if we still assumed there are no Legend Vet patrons and only half of the remaining 1650 are Advanced (6.50€), we'd still be talking about:
150 * 36.50 + 825 * 6.50 + 825 * 1.50 = 5475 + 5362.50 + 1237.50 = 12076€

To summarize, with this sort of reasonable configuration, the last update would've cost around 30000€. Not bad at all, right? It doesn't matter if people come here to unwind/troll after every update, there is a very important support/interest in the game and, as long as this continues (I'm sure it will), nothing will change in terms of development pace. At least I hope the current playable day is finished this year, but we'll see about that.

All in all, well done L&P, you have a very good product (numbers don't lie).

Regards
Thanks.
This is now making more sense to me now. Switzerland is a very expensive country. Around 10k usd is not that much for it.
I'm sure a lot of people will not like what I'm about to write next and facepalms are incoming but: I don't think anymore the people complaining he makes so much money and he should be doing this and that are right. If he works 40 hours per week for this, it's kind of a good salary but nothing out of proportion for the zone he lives in. In my eyes, especially considering the quality of his latest update (render wise), it's not that easy to find an artist to create similar quality stuff and pay him enough that he is satisfied and still have enough for himself.
Of course, one could think big picture here, hiring someone else, and improving the workflow could bring him a lot more patrons, which would increase his income. That is true in my mind, but no one says that L&P is the smartest bulb out there.

Do I wish he would do something and start getting updates out every 2-3 months? Yes, I would love it.
Do I think it's realistic to expect this will ever happen? With this new information in mind, no. Unless somehow in half a year, one year his steam release is a huge success, I don't see anything changing.

Let the facepalms come.
Earlier this year I did run some quick numbers regarding this, and by that time, when L&P only had 1800 patrons (right now there are around 2000 + 100 in SubscribeStar), the support was at least 8000€ (based on the amount of people who appear in the credits and the patron level required for that), but probably around 12000€. So I think 10k to 15k is a reasonable value and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a little bit higher.

But the key point here IMHO is not how expensive life is in the dev's country. What's more relevant is what you promise (in terms of quantity, quality and time estimated to finish the game) and what you actually deliver. The game was planned to be finished somewhere between 5 and 10 years time (don't remember exactly) and, based on where it is now (6 years later, finishing PD13 and with tons of animations yet to be prepared), the very best scenario would be 25 and that's being veeery optimistic. And what happened with this promise of hiring someone once the support reached certain level? Well, just another dead promise..

We could discuss this again and again but the truth is, even if it may sound illogical, the only way to speed things up is by stop supporting the game. Since I'm not paying, it's not up to me, and I know there's always a risk that L&P eventually gives up and the game gets abandoned, but I don't see any other way. People tend to wake up when they see danger coming, and not being able to pay the bills is something that definitely motivates people.

Regards

Last edited:

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
Nope. Bonus storyline event - Christine's slumber party.
oof, too many storyline events which we all already knew. little interesting that L&P is doing this bonus event but hasn't done the bonus coaching storyline.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
Android plss
Please refer to page 6420 of this thread.

the66 states that there is an unofficial APK android version available for download, I have quoted his post for your uttermost convenience, so that you don't have to click back a few pages. There is no actual official APK android port at the moment.

here are my unofficial android ports of A Wife And Mother.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

you have to play Part 1 to the very end and let the game export your progress.
provide a meaningful name to keep different playthroughs apart.
you start Part 2 by importing one of your exported game states. save files made by anything other than Part 2 are marked incompatible cuz there is simply no content of Part 1 to get Part 1 save files working.
keep in mind, only exported game states of my android port of Part 1 are usable!

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Reactions: panzers35

Captain Bipto

Mar 19, 2019
2030 seems too early. Especially at the slowing rate. It's taken 6 years and we barely advanced the story. 7 more years will maybe reach the half of the game. That's unless the improbable happens and L&P gets a team.

What part of the scenes do you think needs improving. I'm just curious, because for me what needs to improve is the release rate. Render quality wise I don't think I've seen a better scene in a VN.

If he is in high last year of highschool, he still is a lot shorter than he should be. Almost all the boys Sofia teaches are too short. At 17/18 most guys are taller than most women. What was your height at 18?

You think a mother
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
is not progress? In game time things are progressing quite fast. The problem is that in real world time, updates are coming so slow, you feel like the story doesn't advance but in game time, it seems pretty fast to me.

If you got the previous event with the bath, this one should also be available if you don't choose to go to the party.
I think, ORIGINALLY, he was supposed to be in grade school. because he looks and acts like a child discovering himself and girls for the first time. I think games just have to say that chars are older, to get past censors. DON'T PUSH IT, just accept that he's as old as you think he is ;)

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: mexican22

durbeaa

Jan 20, 2023
sophia, I'm progressing in 3 different story modes, however. scenes are left unfinished and switch to another scene, what is this caused by?

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Earlier this year I did run some quick numbers regarding this, and by that time, when L&P only had 1800 patrons (right now there are around 2000 + 100 in SubscribeStar), the support was at least 8000€ (based on the amount of people who appear in the credits and the patron level required for that), but probably around 12000€. So I think 10k to 15k is a reasonable value and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a little bit higher.

But the key point here IMHO is not how expensive life is in the dev's country. What's more relevant is what you promise (in terms of quantity, quality and time estimated to finish the game) and what you actually deliver. The game was planned to be finished somewhere between 5 and 10 years time (don't remember exactly) and, based on where it is now (6 years later, finishing PD13 and with tons of animations yet to be prepared), the very best scenario would be 25 and that's being veeery optimistic. And what happened with this promise of hiring someone once the support reached certain level? Well, just another dead promise..

We could discuss this again and again but the truth is, even if it may sound illogical, the only way to speed things up is by stop supporting the game. Since I'm not paying, it's not up to me, and I know there's always a risk that L&P eventually gives up and the game gets abandoned, but I don't see any other way. People tend to wake up when they see danger coming, and not being able to pay the bill is something that definitely motivates people.

Regards
Actually the original idea was the game to be completed in 3 years.
Of course I didn't believe it,but even my worst prediction of 8 years,right now sounds like a delusions.

Reactions: Mamonetti

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Does this new update have a sex scene?
Depends entirely on what you consider a sex scene. Only a handjob, so not really. Certainly not penetrative sex, which seems a common definition.

Or put another way, I doubt this update counts as one of the 2 sex scenes that we're meant to get between now and PD16.

dkatryl

May 26, 2018
Well, L&P didnt use my suggestion for using a rabid raccoon interrupting them in the hot tub this time, but he did use the suggestion to let a brief fantasy play out, this time Dylan's fantasy of bending her over and taking her.

Hopefully more of that can be done while he drags out the scenes.

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes