Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
This guy is just a butthead. Stop giving him your money.
From time to time, various visitors to this forum urge L&P patrons to refuse financial support for the artist. Some do not call, but in general they agree with such calls.
Calm down, friend, the developer has a life and is new year.
I absolutely do not understand the position of people calling on others to refuse to support any artist.
In the case of AWAM, I would like to ask those who urge you to withdraw support, whom do you want to punish in this way, the game developer or the huge army of fans of this very game?
Tell me, please, are you really not capable of elementary actions, for example, adding 2 and 2 to get 4? Don't you understand that if everyone refuses to support L&P, he will not improve his work, but will completely abandon this project?
So what is your fate in the end? Do you want us to see the abandoned tag and not see the continuation?
I don't understand and I'm curious.
Guys, those who constantly and from time to time urge L&P patrons to withdraw their support, please tell me about your motives, explain your position? Who exactly do you want to punish? I want to know what motivates you?

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2021
This guy is just a butthead. Stop giving him your money.

Without having to think about it, I see four options for supporting the game
1. I pay every month.
2. I only pay once when the update comes.
3. I only pay if I like the update.
4. I never pay.

Even though everyone is allowed to express their opinion, I find it ridiculous to tell others what to do. Even if the developer released an update with five hours of play time every month, there would still be people who would have something to complain about.

Asuna.is

Nov 8, 2023
in other words, we will wait a long time .. until someone has enough courage to finally fuck Sofia as she is worth it .. but since the game drags on like a rubber band without any wax. I think we will wait for the guard for more than 5 years .. until someone finally increases their level of courage to fuck her .. I don’t understand why then we bother in this game if we understand that they won’t fuck her for a long time?!?

rAmSiMaL

Sep 1, 2022
He thinks that by publishing it the last minute he punishes “The pirates” who want to have it immediately and then publish it… So if you subscribe on 31st of the month at the highest rate you will pay also for the coming month since you won’t leave before the update is released.

Currently the upper tier that offers immediate release is 45 EUR or 30 GBP or 50 USD. Multiplied by 2 you are paying 90, 60 or 100 respectively. If there are 4 updates per year then your support is higher than the middle tier of 18, 15 or 21 respectively per month… (hence the rush to publish 31/1).

This is more or less the rationale behind the last minute update. It doesn’t apply though if the update is released after the 1st of the month or the 31st.

Financially is a fair point... However I don’t think all 400 additional subscribers are pirates to be punished… There are also people who just want to have the update immediately hence they pay the highest price.

Last edited:

LUCIANO2020

Dec 10, 2021
How long were you his supporter?
Were you an early supporter or did you get involved later?
First of all, you made the right decision for yourself. The developer asked you to support his project but you don't get what you expected, then it's right to stop supporting!
The game has been in development for 6 years. After the first two years it was clear what the speed of development was and, above all, how it would remain. That's what my second question was about. Everyone, really everyone, who decides to take part in a project like this should find out about the general conditions beforehand.
Furthermore, I believe that there is only a narrow period of time, if any, to "force" a developer to work faster by withdrawing financial support. And in my opinion, that opportunity at L&P is long gone. If he loses too many supporters now he will simply quit.
That doesn't mean that you did the wrong thing by discontinuing support, because it's your money, just the idea that you're setting an example for L&P to work faster is just naive.
And as a member before me asked: Did you inform him (L&) about this decision and your reasons on his website?
Because I don't think it will do much good on his website, but a post like that in this forum is like yelling at a wall.
i always wrote him and gave him advice about what supporters are expecting. As i wrote he is a good artist and if he need time i respect that and as i wrote i am not willing to wait another 6 years to see the end of the game . I can support other artist like Pixil for example. it doesnt matter what i expect the real problem is that L& Passion wrote officially that in the future the update were gonna be faster and is not happening . I dont want to push anybody to do nothing i realize that this is just a game and it would be great a monthly update if not possible then i respect that but i will not support that with my money.

XaGnard

Aug 11, 2018
He thinks that by publishing it the last minute he punishes “The pirates” who want to have it immediately and then publish it… So if you subscribe on 31st of the month at the highest rate you will pay also for the coming month since you won’t leave before the update is released.

Currently the upper tier that offers immediate release is 45 EUR or 30 GBP or 50 USD. Multiplied by 2 you are paying 90, 60 or 100 respectively. If there are 4 updates per year then your support is higher than the middle tier of 18, 15 or 21 respectively per month… (hence the rush to publish 31/1).

This is more or less the rationale behind the last minute update. It doesn’t apply though if the update is released after the 1st of the month or the 31st.

Financially is a fair point... However I don’t think all 400 additional subscribers are pirates to be punished… There are also people who just want to have the update immediately hence they pay the highest price.
This practice of releasing a game later to "normal" paying players in order to make some higher priced packages more interesting is one of the biggest misdevelopments in the gaming industry in general (not just Patreon games). It builds on the fear of missing out and is a really sleazy approach. It really annoys me about Patreon games in particular, because it completely distorts the idea that everyone who supports a game to the best of their ability should be taken equally seriously. I think punishing people with less money who are still willing to give is pathetic. L&P is really going to extremes with their "Legend Vet", considering that until recently it would have been the equivalent of a AAA game every month. The whole thing is just sick.

Well, I've made it a rule to only support the smaller games here. Anything that has a good approach and where you can see that the developer isn't just taking people for a ride. The problem is that even the smaller developers often change their attitude as they get bigger. That's why I just gave up my last support game on patreon, because I just can't take the concept seriously anymore. There is a lack of control (e.g. actual milestones). Why should I put trust in a developer when much of the projects are going to get screwed up anyway?

Wbwbd85

Dec 27, 2020
Wonder what that means. That supposed to be his anti-piracy feature? He's said a couple weeks ago that he's planning to implement a way to make it piracy-proof (or something along those lines). Pretty sure he wanted to have it ready for this release.

Things getting interesting over here. :D
Lp spends so much time worrying about the rats, but without the rat trap (F95) the rats don't know about his cheese (game).

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
i am not willing to wait another 6 years to see the end of the game .
Goes to show that his financial supporters (or ex now I guess?) are seemingly unaware of the fact that this game's completion is close to 40 years away. I'm always amazed to see how many people think this game could actually be finished in "only" 6 years when a single PD takes more than 2 years alone, with 17 more PD's to go.

Are you sure you've actually been a patron of L&P? How is it even possible not to notice that 6 years are barely 3 ingame days at this point? When I wasted my money on L&P back in 2020, it didn't take me long to bail out seeing how slow the development was, and that was at a time when this game would progress twice as fast. lol

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes