roro

May 29, 2017
now I get it.

I think, I interpreted it as "can" and you interpreted it as "possibility".

I think it's correct to interpret it as "can" in context, but if you interpret it as "possibility", I admit that your words have a possibility too.
If you interpret it as "can", that doesn't mean she is proud of it.
You can do a lot of things, that doesn't mean you're actually doing them. I can sing loudly while walking in a crowded street, but I'll never do it. Sophia can be proud of herself, but it doesn't mean she is proud of herself.
If L&P wanted us to think she is proud of herself - he would not use the word could.

Reactions: Jude6 and nexer

roro

May 29, 2017
And one more thing (again I'm not an English native speaker, so if I'm wrong here I'd appreciate it if someone corrects me), usually you say that someone can be proud of himself when he actually isn't.

Reactions: nexer

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
"She had never really modeled before but she had seen some fashion shows on TV and remembered some poses from there."

This isn't a woman's lie, it's what the developer explains in the game.

And like roro's writing, you can edit it at any time.
However, since the setting is broken, it must be corrected.

Most of what I wrote about was that the settings were broken and wrong.
If you go back to the beginning of the first few days of the game, if i recall, she actually mentioned how she didn't pursue a modeling career but that statement doesn't mean she never did some modeling before making that decision. But yes, i understand your meaning with what the dev has done with the story. He boxed himself in and utterly broke that part of the story. This is because he had ZERO plan with the direction of this game long term. He only lied that he did. This is what happens when one makes far too many variable pathways in a story without fleshing it out from beginning to relative end. He didn't keep his own notes straight and ready for each new thing he's started to add to make certain he wasn't contradicting previous parts. This indicates there will likely be more contradictory parts of the story the further along this goes. Two of those variable paths are the ones with the side jobs she takes on, either with the old folk's home or the homeschooling with the young boys. Things like that could have been hinted at but not actually shown. He's bloated this game up with what would otherwise be referred to as feature creep. That generally makes any game too complex for it's own good.

Last edited:

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
If you interpret it as "can", that doesn't mean she is proud of it.
You can do a lot of things, that doesn't mean you're actually doing them. I can sing loudly while walking in a crowded street, but I'll never do it. Sophia can be proud of herself, but it doesn't mean she is proud of herself.
If L&P wanted us to think she is proud of herself - he would not use the word could.
Taken literally, you are right.

But I read the whole context and interpreted it that way.

The content of the text was not written by Sophia, but the developer guessed and wrote Sophia's mind.

It's a strange word, but anyway.

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
And one more thing (again I'm not an English native speaker, so if I'm wrong here I'd appreciate it if someone corrects me), usually you say that someone can be proud of himself when he actually isn't.
I also make a lot of mistakes because English is not my mother tongue.

(My argument is written above.)

Kinkyhns

Nov 18, 2019
Sometimes i think l&p dosen't have animator assistant and he do all of this alone OR he has animator and the animation is ready now but he upload fake progress!
Lets just say he does have one then he should let him go as he or she works just as slow

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
That also another thing that i dont like about the game, i mean 13 days ago Sophia though it was to dirty/sexual naugty to ask dylan to put her a neclace, and now a few days later, she was doing a bikini show whit the most revelaing swimnsuits and kissing and fondling her daughter, and this game its suppoused to be realistic, i rather think to make it more beliebable that several months have pass, theres just no way that someone can change that drastically in real life in just one week
Welcome to our nightmare.

kewlbigdan

Feb 3, 2018
She is Americas Hottest Student. So this wasn't a one off photoshoot. She also is showing alot of underboob. For a conservative upbringing she sure has alot hidden in her past. This type of writing is evident on TV series as well. The main characters I stantly develope a sorid backstory that was never mentioned or alluded to previously. Surprise.
And please remember this has only been 14 days since they moved here and the corruption of Sophia started.

D

Deleted member 5533454

So what is the reason this POS dev is giving now for not completing even a single progress bar? Been too long, have been away from the thread, what did I miss.:)

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
In a game that has barely any animations, yeah the animator is really not pulling his/her weight
Yeah,like he is making 5 min animation,not 20 sec.
She is Americas Hottest Student. So this wasn't a one off photoshoot. She also is showing alot of underboob. For a conservative upbringing she sure has alot hidden in her past. This type of writing is evident on TV series as well. The main characters I stantly develope a sorid backstory that was never mentioned or alluded to previously. Surprise.
And please remember this has only been 14 days since they moved here and the corruption of Sophia started.
Don't forget she should be either pregnant on the time of the photos or already given birth to Ellie.So not only studen,but mother too.

Punther

Jun 15, 2018
Yeah,like he is making 5 min animation,not 20 sec.

Don't forget she should be either pregnant on the time of the photos or already given birth to Ellie.So not only studen,but mother too.
Also don't forget it is still 2017 for Sophia and everyone in her reality. After all, it's only been 13 days since they started their new lives in the city and not 5 - 6 years like it has been for us. Cementing her age at 19 in 2002 according to the teaser means that she was pregnant with Ellie at a very, very, very young age.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 478 Votes