3.60 star(s) 141 Votes

Usex809

Mar 25, 2023
Took a peek at the updates files and there was hardly anything for the female MC despite the changelog mentioning this being a big update for that path , sad it's just a bunch of filler text . Sad that bloody ink said that the female mc path is unlikely to be continued is just a dissappointing outcome.
For anyone wondering why this person and others are saying that FMC branch update is disappointing:

I also looked through the content, there are some heel training videos and some casual clothed photos of FMC, besides that there is almost nothing. So no sexual content per se even with all this addition, maybe dev is reusing old content, but as far as new content is concerned there is almost nothing new.

This is a sad situation. Very sad, because changelogs mentioned a lot of content only to contain so minimal new addition that its laughable. And since new content addition is so small, most of the new FMC content will be just filler. And also, based on Comisar its very likely that after becoming a full time female MC magically came back to starting phase and having doubts over her actions. It's like undoing a whole corruption arc because Devs wanted to add new content to this branch and are forced to restart the branch instead of progressing it and conclude its story.

As someone who reads a lot of stories and also writes one I can say that this is very disruptive tactic, stories should have a natural flow but when an author tries to force a story already near its end to stay alive, it creates a very chaotic story which most will not like.

niko82

Mar 29, 2020
For anyone wondering why this person and others are saying that FMC branch update is disappointing:

I also looked through the content, there are some heel training videos and some casual clothed photos of FMC, besides that there is almost nothing. So no sexual content per se even with all this addition, maybe dev is reusing old content, but as far as new content is concerned there is almost nothing new.

This is a sad situation. Very sad, because changelogs mentioned a lot of content only to contain so minimal new addition that its laughable. And since new content addition is so small, most of the new FMC content will be just filler. And also, based on Comisar its very likely that after becoming a full time female MC magically came back to starting phase and having doubts over her actions. It's like undoing a whole corruption arc because Devs wanted to add new content to this branch and are forced to restart the branch instead of progressing it and conclude its story.

As someone who reads a lot of stories and also writes one I can say that this is very disruptive tactic, stories should have a natural flow but when an author tries to force a story already near its end to stay alive, it creates a very chaotic story which most will not like.
if you remember correctly the story, when the mc understand jenna tricked him he asked the app dev a solution, they "returned mc state of mind before transformation to help him become a man again, where i found it illogic because as we are self added to the wife spy app, mc should have been protected even in femal body

Nick198

Apr 24, 2021
This game has evolved from a wife's phone call to a whole family's phone call, haha completely off topic, and the latest updates are a bunch of verbose words. The story is becoming more and more chaotic, and players are confused when playing. You should know that everyone's messages are read by players. I have already said that you are interested in messages from people who pursue their wives for the first time, but adding more and more messages about pursuing your wives will only make players feel more and more annoyed. This story should have ended with Mark, the wife's boss, or even Greg a long time ago, instead of adding so many messy branches later on.

Umbra_2079

Feb 23, 2023
This game has evolved from a wife's phone call to a whole family's phone call, haha completely off topic, and the latest updates are a bunch of verbose words. The story is becoming more and more chaotic, and players are confused when playing. You should know that everyone's messages are read by players. I have already said that you are interested in messages from people who pursue their wives for the first time, but adding more and more messages about pursuing your wives will only make players feel more and more annoyed. This story should have ended with Mark, the wife's boss, or even Greg a long time ago, instead of adding so many messy branches later on.
Expanding by itself is not a bad thing. This game does deliver on what it advertises; so the fact that it offers more than it announces is a non-issue. What kills the experience is the messy story and lack of structure, butchered character arcs, useless in-game guide and worst of all the interdependent routes which results in a ridiculous amount of grinding the likes of which I have never experienced before.

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019
Dang. Any idea why?
No idea, but that dev (A Wife’s Life) announced that he was down to their self and one other person. They said they would still keep going but it would be slower development moving forward. If I had a dollar for every time I heard the words "development will continue" or "the game isn't dead", especially in conjunction with the word “indefinitely” from a dev undergoing a major change in development with the outcome that the game basically never moves forward meaningfully again.... I would probably be able to buy my own development team and get a game going myself.

My point being, while this game and the other game are not officially dead, until they break the forever trend and prove otherwise, I'm going with the statistical probability in this case, and will be pleasantly proven wrong instead of being disappointed at another unmet promise.

bluerubber

Apr 29, 2019

To be fair, I imagine the coding alone for this game must be a nightmare to organize. The amount of routes, side stories and variables are hard to follow even as a reader, nevermind a coder. The writing is overall pretty well done, but the timing of the secondary stories and the cohesiveness of them often conflict or contradict. And let's not even begin to talk about how to and how not to trigger events. It can't be an easy road to navigate. The UI also makes is very cumbersome and difficult to want to even attempt starting a new save or different routes.

That said, I'm really not trying to discredit the game. The game is overall great and addictive even in spite of the flaws, which is a statement in itself. I'm just pointing out that those flaws must look a bit more mountainous from a devs perspective.

Reactions: Usex809

Usex809

Mar 25, 2023
To be fair, I imagine the coding alone for this game must be a nightmare to organize. The amount of routes, side stories and variables are hard to follow even as a reader, nevermind a coder. The writing is overall pretty well done, but the timing of the secondary stories and the cohesiveness of them often conflict or contradict. And let's not even begin to talk about how to and how not to trigger events. It can't be an easy road to navigate. The UI also makes is very cumbersome and difficult to want to even attempt starting a new save or different routes.

That said, I'm really not trying to discredit the game. The game is overall great and addictive even in spite of the flaws, which is a statement in itself. I'm just pointing out that those flaws must look a bit more mountainous from a devs perspective.
Yeah, due to so many paths in this game it would be very difficult to avoid technical issues due to branching paths and variables. Devs should have focused on 2 major pathways, alpha and beta and focus on completing them before creating so many side stories.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
Sorry but i think i missed something...i was supporting this DEV on patreon and i when i got surprised of a new update here i checked patreon and the Dev is not in my supporting list anymore and i cant find him on patreon too...Was he banned and moved to boosty?

ANormalMaster

Formerly 'w00de'
Jun 3, 2017
Not surprised this one has issues in the team. Hope it dies or the dev actually makes an effort to turn it into something worthwhile.

But hey, was only a matter of time after the absolutely braindead way he introduced the debt mechanic and that whole storyline.

It couldn't end well, and it hasn't. Good riddance

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Honestly its good that they're re-evaluating the game. It kept getting more and more broken. They need to change their plan otherwise the game will slowly die.

They should do a poll on what people want most overall, not just for one update, and focus on those specific things for the next few updates. Because its currently all over the place with no direction.

niko82

Mar 29, 2020
Sorry but i think i missed something...i was supporting this DEV on patreon and i when i got surprised of a new update here i checked patreon and the Dev is not in my supporting list anymore and i cant find him on patreon too...Was he banned and moved to boosty?
exactly

youraccount69

Engaged Member
Donor
Dec 30, 2020
AWifesPhone-0.6
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: gzpepco

McFarlane42

Dec 9, 2017
Honestly its good that they're re-evaluating the game. It kept getting more and more broken. They need to change their plan otherwise the game will slowly die.

They should do a poll on what people want most overall, not just for one update, and focus on those specific things for the next few updates. Because its currently all over the place with no direction.
They're not reevaluating anything except employment opportunities. Patreon banned them so the team was dissolved, basically.

3.60 star(s) 141 Votes