Unity Completed Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives [v1.0] [Kerni]

4.40 star(s) 54 Votes

VirusWar

Aug 16, 2017
Game is awesome. That'll be my first sentence here, and I want everyone to read it first.
It's science fiction, and if you don't prefer this genre, I highly recommend giving it a try.
It has free roaming, level unlocking with decent combat and couple of minigames (which can be skipped if you don't want to waste time), really good graphics and performance. Story is well made, characters you can connect with and a really well designed area to play in. People say it loads slowly, but just wait a tiny bit, you wont regret it. Or if you have an SSD, put it on it and play in 10 seconds!

Couple of downsides are that there are some grammar mistakes here and there. Camera sometimes can go through the roof (literally) and some weird glitches (calm your titties, girl!). Nothing game breaking or major, tho.

Whoever wants a game that feels like Skyrim in space with a shit ton of LoversLab mods, play this.
Game is awesome. That'll be my last sentence.

Reactions: grego and Andrash

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Like VirusWar said on the previous comment, the game's awesome.

Apart from some unusual bugs like wires forgetting how physics works and the tit jiggle physics bugging out (they spin around a few times before calming down), the game runs fine.

There are lots of grammar mistakes in the game, but as a native English speaker, I understand the game with no issue and probably glanced over a bunch without noticing.

The only issues I found is that movement, particularly sprinting is clunky and you'll pretty much float around when sprinting.

The game is horribly optimized, though. Despite the game not having the greatest graphics, it still hammers my gpu far more than it should. (Loads 7.7GB of ram despite the game only taking up 5.5GB, appearing to load the bulk if not all of the game into memory, causing people with slower hard drives to see the game as not responding after the unity logo.

Linux tested: No issues apparent.

Last edited:

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Like VirusWar said on the previous comment, the game's awesome.

Apart from some unusual bugs like wires forgetting how physics works and the tit jiggle physics bugging out (they spin around a few times before calming down), the game runs fine.

There are lots of grammar mistakes in the game, but as a native English speaker, I understand the game with no issue and probably glanced over a bunch without noticing.

The only issues I found is that movement, particularly sprinting is clunky and you'll pretty much float around when sprinting.

The game is horribly optimized, though. Despite the game not having the greatest graphics, it still hammers my gpu far more than it should. (Loads 7.7GB of ram despite the game only taking up 5.5GB, appearing to load the bulk if not all of the game into memory, causing people with slower hard drives to see the game as not responding after the unity logo.

Linux tested: No issues apparent.
There is a story mod that fixes a lot of the grammar. Look for posts about it here in the thread by maybe ABishop?

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
There is a story mod that fixes a lot of the grammar. Look for posts about it here in the thread by maybe ABishop?
Thanks for letting me know, though I'll likely not use it since I have no issue with it.

Separate detail: It appears the game does NOT change near anything between quality settings beyond how much blur is applied to the textures or something weird. I found that although my laptop struggles with this game on fastest, the game runs equally as shit on good, but things are legible, as in you can literally couldn't read any notes on fastest.

tl;dr use highest graphics preset that loads. fastest looks like Goldeneye 64 but performs like crysis.

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Thanks for letting me know, though I'll likely not use it since I have no issue with it.

Separate detail: It appears the game does NOT change near anything between quality settings beyond how much blur is applied to the textures or something weird. I found that although my laptop struggles with this game on fastest, the game runs equally as shit on good, but things are legible, as in you can literally couldn't read any notes on fastest.

tl;dr use highest graphics preset that loads. fastest looks like Goldeneye 64 but performs like crysis.
The quality setting do not change the polygon count on the models (I barel have LOD) but what they do is :
- Change the lightning count (how many lights there can be at once)
- Change the texture resolution
- Change how much bones can interact with a vertice (this is what makes the models look like shit xD)
- Change the AA and AF
- Change the shadow resolution and the distance at which a shadow is applied to the model

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
I never tried to run this on my laptop as it is Intel HD3000 graphics and it has a hard time with an AAA 3D game from several years ago. I have had success on the desktop with a fairly old AMD graphics card.

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

❤️ Keep comfy. ❤️
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
The quality setting do not change the polygon count on the models (I barel have LOD) but what they do is :
- Change the lightning count (how many lights there can be at once)
- Change the texture resolution
- Change how much bones can interact with a vertice (this is what makes the models look like shit xD)
- Change the AA and AF
- Change the shadow resolution and the distance at which a shadow is applied to the model
Ah, thank you for clearing this up. This explains a lot about my findings.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
I havent played this in a long time. Question, does "completed" mean completed or "fuck this ima make another game this bores me"?

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Are there any mods for this game?
Not really , there is only the so called *story mods* but this feature is actually more used to do spellchecking.
You can not exchange models or sounds or animations. The unity3d Engine is not made for such things.
I could implement it but it would take too much time away for a very small gain in game quality (or mod quality to speak of)

4.40 star(s) 54 Votes