Unity Completed Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives [v1.0] [Kerni]

4.40 star(s) 55 Votes

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Kerni, Don't get too concerned about CPU/Ram Requirements. I wouldn't expect any skilled but solo enthusiast game creator like yourself to have the resources to optimize hardware and OS usage. Not even the commercial companies care much anymore. They just expect us to buy more hardware. Your games are great so don't sweat it.
FYI I ran both AATOFL and MW on my 'newer' computer just fine. It has a 3.1Gig CPU and 8Gigs of SD ram. Loading is a little slow but meh... On my other pc (this one) they didn't like to run. It is a 1.44Gig Atom with "only" 4 gigs of SD Ram. So this should give you some idea of "system requirements" (ha ha).
Software systems are always pushing hardware for more. Its been years since they've (OS engineers) cared about hardware requirements. So relax and please keep on working on MW... It's getting better and better.
PS: thanks for adding background to the text on the menu so I could read them. :)

moonandark

Mar 31, 2019
I am so upset right now... My 5 hours gameplay is gone cuz of this shitty save system. I just don't get how the fuck am I gonna save this shit

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
I am so upset right now... My 5 hours gameplay is gone cuz of this shitty save system. I just don't get how the fuck am I gonna save this shit
Mhnn.. usually you can save by esc-save-> press a slot of your liking
Or you can use the quickkeys (F5 to F8 is quicksave and F9 to F12 is quickload)

if this does not work for you , you can also use the savegame workaround (ill save the data into a playerpref insteadt of a file)

moonandark

Mar 31, 2019
Mhnn.. usually you can save by esc-save-> press a slot of your liking
Or you can use the quickkeys (F5 to F8 is quicksave and F9 to F12 is quickload)

if this does not work for you , you can also use the savegame workaround (ill save the data into a playerpref insteadt of a file)
Dude it's not saving like normal way or quick save...

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Moonandark, Check the previous page entries. It looks like you've got a system limitation. I've never had any save game problems....

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
So, what's the use of Vivian's inflatable chair?
Once you played the towerdefense game with Vivian and Aemi , you can repeate it only with Vivian. And when you beat it with Vivian you can use the inflateable chair for sex with her. (under the dialouge option "want to play")

BansheeHand

Nov 9, 2019
Once you played the towerdefense game with Vivian and Aemi , you can repeate it only with Vivian. And when you beat it with Vivian you can use the inflateable chair for sex with her. (under the dialouge option "want to play")
Hi. :) Thanks for the tip.

So, I went to test what you said, but since my own saved game was damaged, I decided to use the bundled saved game #3. I had to look for the VR goggles and talk to Aemi, and then go fetch the visor from the ship. But then, I couldn't find either of the girls. I didn't have the old communicator device, so I went to fetch it, but the option to pick it up does not appear. Do you have any idea why? (Do I need to do something first?) Actually, am I checking the right place? I remember it was in the lab level, security station, right?

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Hi. :) Thanks for the tip.

So, I went to test what you said, but since my own saved game was damaged, I decided to use the bundled saved game #3. I had to look for the VR goggles and talk to Aemi, and then go fetch the visor from the ship. But then, I couldn't find either of the girls. I didn't have the old communicator device, so I went to fetch it, but the option to pick it up does not appear. Do you have any idea why? (Do I need to do something first?) Actually, am I checking the right place? I remember it was in the lab level, security station, right?
As far as i remmeber , you get the old communication device from Aemi (use the dialouge option "things she needs to speak about")

And.. Aemi can also be in the crew quarter next to the shop where the snackbars had been stored (before they have been taken away be the robot)

BansheeHand

Nov 9, 2019
Okay, I managed to satisfy all criteria. And... I see three new items – alll starting with "(inflatable chair)" – in that menu. But she does not use the blue inflatable chair. She brings a grey one that does not have any restrain mechanisms.

:eek:

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
Okay, I managed to satisfy all criteria. And... I see three new items – alll starting with "(inflatable chair)" – in that menu. But she does not use the blue inflatable chair. She brings a grey one that does not have any restrain mechanisms.

:eek:
The blue one should be standing around in Vivians room. I think you can just pick it uop and place it in the hangar bay

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
I already did. Here is my saved game, for reference.
I was not able to open the rar file. Can you please post the savegame file as is (as .txt file)
And btw : i will have a look at it but i will not fix any issues if i see them because i do not want to meddle around in old code and i do not have the time to make yet another release of AATOFL.

1583949175980.png

BansheeHand

Nov 9, 2019
I'll put it in a zip file for you this time. I'm afraid I never send raw text files over the net because web server encoding sometimes corrupts the file.

The RAR archive I posted above seems okay though; I checked it just now. It is a RAR version 5 archive; you'll need WinRAR 5.x or 7-Zip 19.00 to open it. Also, don't worry, I'm not asking you to go fix bugs. In fact, I never could have imagined we talk about it as much as we did so far.

Last edited:

Kerni

Game Developer
Oct 9, 2017
I'll put it in a zip file for you this time. I'm afraid I never send raw text files over the net because web server encoding sometimes corrupts the file.

The RAR archive I posted above seems okay though; I checked it just now. It is a RAR version 5 archive; you'll need WinRAR 5.x or 7-Zip 19.00 to open it. Also, don't worry, I'm not asking you to go fix bugs. In fact, I never could have imagined we talk about it as much as we did so far.
AHh okay.. now i understand what you are taling about.
The inflateable chair sex positions can be called with "want to play" but the restrain chair must be used by the girl on her own.
I did not added a specific option to use the chair "on command"

If you want to see her in it i would recommend to get rid of her arm/hands restrain and then talk with her , abort the dialouge then watch where she is walking to and if she does not walk to the device on her own then just talk to her again. The talking/dilouge option will reset the AI life events and will calculate a new target after 10seconds.

goohshi

Dec 24, 2019
Any Kerni fans out there I thought would like to know Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives is being streamed live right now

goohshi

Dec 24, 2019
Any Kerni fans out there I thought would like to know Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives is being streamed live right now
Stream ended, but here's the Videos in case you couldn't make it but were curious

4.40 star(s) 55 Votes