Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I don't understand what you mean by "not working"
The updated version of the mod isn't working because the files aren't picked up by the game. Most probably because you didn't include the 'scripts' folder in the latest archive. Following the installation instructions will lead to the files being placed at 'game' instead of 'game/scripts'.

JBZ

Aug 1, 2020
I don't understand what you mean by "not working"
Your mod has no rpyc files, so new rpyc files will be created. But these are no longer compatible with the old saves. There must always be rpyc files based on the original files! See also abstract syntax tree (AST)

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Your mod has no rpyc files, so new rpyc files will be created. But these are no longer compatible with the old saves. There must always be rpyc files based on the original files! See also abstract syntax tree (AST)
The original poster did not complain about save game incompatibility but rather the mod not highlighting choices (see the post above yours for a more likely solution to the problem). Granted orignal saves generally don't work well with modded games and vice versa, keeping the orignal rpyc files of the game won't solve anything: Ren'Py recompliles any rpyc file of which the corresponding rpy changed for whatever reason. So it's impossible to actually keep the orignal rpyc while distributing changed or rather modded rpy files.

JBZ

Aug 1, 2020
The original poster did not complain about save game incompatibility but rather the mod not highlighting choices (see the post above yours for a more likely solution to the problem). Granted orignal saves generally don't work well with modded games and vice versa, keeping the orignal rpyc files of the game won't solve anything: Ren'Py recompliles any rpyc file of which the corresponding rpy changed for whatever reason. So it's impossible to actually keep the orignal rpyc while distributing changed or rather modded rpy files.
only modded rpy files => completely new rpyc files => incompatible with old saves
orignal rpyc files + modified rpy files => modified rpyc files => compatible with old saves

That the mod belongs in the directory game/scripts is a basic requirement. ;)

Reactions: Hordragg

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
only modded rpy files => completely new rpyc files => incompatible with old saves
orignal rpyc files + modified rpy files => modified rpyc files => compatible with old saves

That the mod belongs in the directory game/scripts is a basic requirement. ;)
Well, it hadn't been a basic requirement at the time – Ripson updated their post on 'Wednesday at 1:19 PM'. :geek:

That's a very interesting information regarding modified versus recreated rpyc files. I confirmed it on a title I keep several pages of saves on and was able to load them as long as I kept the original rpyc files alongside the modded rpy files. This'll surely come in handy. Thank you very much!

Reactions: JBZ

ShiroObake

Mar 30, 2020
this is my first comment on this site, but this game is such a breath of fresh air compared to what I usually play and boy is it great!!! Great job dev, keep it up, this is my new fave!!

Reactions: Mundo Games

Dipsode

Aug 12, 2017
I don't know what the writer went through in his childhood to come up with something like this, I hope it wasn't too painful...
But anyway this stuff is really funny, crazy and damn well written.
(y) (y)(y):love:

Dummy256

Jan 28, 2018
The game does not launch with the message "AboveTheClouds.exe has stopped working". Did anyone have such an issue?

WindySakura

May 28, 2017
I just remembered something that happened while I was playing. Normally when I'm playing adult games I kill the sound if I'm not using headphones and I haven't used headphones on my computer for well over a year now. Five minutes into the game I had a feeling sounds were somewhat important on this game, I turned it back on and went back to the beginning. Totally worth it, quite the good use of sound effects. Just hope there are no surprise sex sound effects in the future, that would be problematic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mundo Games
4.30 star(s) 205 Votes